New machine, files are not recongnized for cutting/draw

New machine, files are not recongnized for cutting/draw

Postby Sakuraiguy » December 21st, 2019, 5:43 pm

Hello,

Finally got a 15" silver bullet, I work in a Mac environment, my issues are as follows:

1. None of my files are not cutting on the new machine, no issues with another cutter that I own.

2. Do a communication test thru SCAL, carriage moves to the left about 6" then try again, carriage maxes out towards the left, nothing else to do other than shut the machine down and restart. Do the test again and the same results.

3. Simple geometric shapes such as squares, circle, etc with not draw on the machine, I can send but the carriage just moves into place then just sits.

4. I had little success in the beginning but it has failed as I went along. I rebooted the machines (Computer and Cutter 3x) and to no avail in getting simple drawings off.

My system OS is High Sierra 10.13.6
SCAL software is 5.027
Firmware on the cutter is D7.30LM

Any concrete solutions are welcomed, I have worked in the printing/graphics industry for over 30 years.
I believe this is a communication issue to the cutter from SCAL OR firmware issue accepting files.

Thank you for reading this post
Sakuraiguy

Cutter: silver bullet 15"

Re: New machine, files are not recongnized for cutting/draw

Postby Gigi » December 21st, 2019, 6:46 pm

I do not have a MAC and can redirect you but I first have some very basic issues as you have not given enough information for me to figure out what you are and aren't doing.

Have you gone through the learning center classroom? That will help you with most beginner user issues and even though you have used other cutters, this machine has a learning curve. That is why we offer the learning center classroom.

1. When you say none of your files are cutting, what format are they in and how are you bringing them into SCAL? How are you trying to cut them? (origin vs WYSIWYG)? Will have more questions when you answer these...

2. How are you doing the communication test you speak of? If you do it through the software to "test connection", it just moves a little bit back and forth so you know that there is communication. If you are doing something else, you might be sending it too far to the left and out of range. Again - I am not sure how you are testing the communication. Your carriage can only move 15" from the inside right of the machine, so be sure you are not extending beyond that or it will pause and you will have to restart. That goes for all of our machines, depending on the size. The size of the machine has to be measured from the inside right side to the left.

3. Simple geometric shapes wont cut. Again, tell me what you are doing. Are you using shapes from the library? Are you cutting WYSIWYG or origin? Is your machine online.

4. What were you doing when the machine seemed to respond initially? What format are your drawings in? Have you converted them to a vector format or are they in jpg or png format. The cutter will only respond to a vector format (svg, scut, etc)

So to review - have you thoroughly gone through the learning center classroom to understand how this machine works and what you need to do to have the most success? I respect that you have experience in the graphics industry, but there is still a learning curve to this machine and it is not a plug and play. I dont know what other cutters you have or what you are used to doing but I have a feeling you are missing a few simple steps.

If you can post screen shots of what you are doing or explain more fully that will help. The more you can tell us the more you can share.

I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner, but it is a weekend and close to Christmas. Will do my best and I know others will chime in when they can as well.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series