CONTROLLING PAGE ORIENTATION

CONTROLLING PAGE ORIENTATION

Postby 2lamda » November 25th, 2019, 2:06 pm

I defined a vertical page in SCAL 12 wide and 24 tall. The full page of images cut with the 24 inch dimension across the 24 inch Silver Bullet.
I loaded as second set of SVG images into the same page and this time the 12 inch direction was across the cutter and it was rolling to get the 24 in. direction, going off the material of course.

How is the page orientation or direction controlled between SCAL and the Silver Bullet or what factors would affect it?
2lamda

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: CONTROLLING PAGE ORIENTATION

Postby Gigi » November 25th, 2019, 5:33 pm

When you say page size, is that the size you are making the virtual mat as you do not have to define the page size. For instance. If I am cutting something 12x24" I would normally make the virtual mat larger as well as using a larger mat, place my material on the mat so I am sure it will cut correctly and set my origin at the bottom right corner of the paper. You can see from the diagram when you choose to cut how the mat will be inserted into the machine.

If you are cutting WYSIWYG - that may be your problem with things not lining up. Most of the time you want to cut using origin so you can be clear where it is cutting. Origin is for 90% of your cutting; WYSIWYG is when you are using multiple tool cuts or scoring fold lines and then cutting out a design.

I don't know how long you have had your machine, but I recommend revisiting the learning center classroom for clarification as well.
Hope that helps. If this is still not clear, let me know and/or give me more information. The more you share the more able we are to give you answers that will be helpful.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby buttons » March 19th, 2021, 10:11 am

Learning centre classroom ? - I am having the same problem sometimes so how do I access this classroom please?
buttons

Cutter: silver bullet 18"

Postby Gigi » March 19th, 2021, 12:55 pm

Hi Diane -

You will need to email Sherri for access. (sherri@silverbulletcutters.com) If you want to explain the problem you are having we can try to help you here as well.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series