Machine dead!

Machine dead!

Postby Wenda » November 6th, 2019, 12:21 pm

HELP! I turned on my silver bullet this morning and nothing is happening, no sign of life! I have checked the plug, fuse and cable, all are fine. I run a very busy small business and use my machine on a daily basis and it has been working well. I can't cope without it. Don't know where to start and would massively appreciate any help. Thanks.
Wenda

Cutter: Silver Bullet 18"

Re: Machine dead!

Postby Gigi » November 6th, 2019, 1:08 pm

Good morning. You said power cord is fine? That would be the first thing I would check. So when you say it is dead. Can you tell if it is communicating with the computer/software at all? Have you tried a different usb port (as they do go bad) or a different usb cable just to be sure? Do you get any signs of life when you just turn the machine on. Does the LED screen look normal or is that not working. Trying to trouble shoot from afar. There are only two major parts that can need replacing - the led screen and the motherboard. The LED screen not functioning rarely shuts the machine down, so if you are sure its not the power cord then it is most likely the motherboard.

These machines are workhorses, but they occasionally do need replacement parts. I know Sherri often suggests that those in business get a second used machine just for times like this. Might be something to think about for the future.

I would suggest sending Sherri an email and explain what is happening just to be sure it's nothing else. AT least the motherboard can be replaced if that is the issue. But double check all of the easy fixes first - even tho it looks like you have. I would try again. There is never a good time for things like this to happen, but it seems that it always happens at the worst time!!

You can reach Sherri at Sherri@silverbulletcutters.com
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Wenda » November 6th, 2019, 1:20 pm

Thanks Gigi,

There is no life at all when I turn it on, which is why I thought a fuse may have gone in the plug, but I have checked all of that and tried a different cable. So it sounds like it may be the motherboard :(

A second machine has always been at the back of my mind...am off to look at the for sale board! Im in the UK
Wenda

Cutter: Silver Bullet 18"

Postby Gigi » November 6th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Yes I saw that you were in the UK. I would contact Sherri as soon as possible so you can get the motherboard ordered and I think it's great to check the machines for sale, especially those in the UK to minimize your down time.

I wish you the best and if there is anything we can do to help, just let us know.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series