45 detail blade cutting wonky

45 detail blade cutting wonky

Postby midgetgem1980 » February 10th, 2019, 11:33 am

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this. It’s not urgent or important as I’m cutting with a standard 45 blade now but just for future reference.

The 45 detail blade is cutting wonky text. (See photo). I have the offset down as in the book (0.6mm)

Mel x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
midgetgem1980

Cutter: Silver Bullet Platinum

Re: 45 detail blade cutting wonky

Postby Gigi » February 10th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Check your blade and be sure it isn't nicked. When you say you are using a regular 45 degree blade for now, are you using it to cut that text or for other things? If you are not using it to cut the text, it could very well be the font you are using. Even though fonts are vector files, they are not created to be cut and all fonts are not created equal. Some fonts have a lot of nodes and that could be the problem as well. If the blade is in good condition, you should check the font for excessive nodes.

Also be sure your mat is clean so the blade is not hitting on shreds or paper remaining. I am guessing the problem is one of the two possibilities mentioned above, but want to be sure you check that as well. And be sure our media is well brayered to the mat which I am assuming it is, since you are not having trouble with the regular 45 degree blade.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby midgetgem1980 » February 12th, 2019, 5:22 am

Yes I cut this exact same thing with the normal 45 blade on the same mat. Must be a blade issue. I’ll try again when I get a second with a new blade see if that helps

Thank you x
midgetgem1980

Cutter: Silver Bullet Platinum

Postby Gigi » February 12th, 2019, 11:56 am

Ok - thanks for letting me know. A new blade should fix the issue.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series