Machine stopping during cutting

Machine stopping during cutting

Postby gfleener » September 19th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Hello! I'm on a mac, running High Sierra 10.13.6, using the 13" Silver Bullet Pro and SCAL 5. I've created my files in Illustrator and brought it into SCAL with the script. I've already searched the forum on this but still not sure what's going on...I'm only cutting maybe an 8" x 8" piece of mylar and the machine stopped part way through while etching with the engraving tool. Didn't realize the tool was down until I ejected the material and it scratched across the mat on the way out! I have confirmed that I am within the cutting area (it's stopping in the middle of other etched areas that did work), and when I right click on the SCAL app, there is NO option there to turn off App Nap. Is there another place to turn that off? I've Googled the heck out of this but everyone says to do the same...but the option just isn't there when I try. Any other ideas? I was SO excited that I finally got all the right tools, got the cutting and etching just the way I need it for my first project, and now this... :-( Attaching a screen grab of the "info" box with no option for disabling app nap...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gfleener

Cutter: 13" professional

Re: Machine stopping during cutting

Postby Gigi » September 19th, 2018, 10:30 pm

I googled disabling App Nap in High Sierra (I use a PC so can't help you from personal experience) and here is what I found. I don't know if that helps.

This was also written about App Nap not appearing for all apps. See next.

"You can disable the App Nap feature on any app by finding it in Applications, Get Info, then uncheck App Nap.
The App Nap checkbox doesn't appear for all apps - & I can't figure out what determines that.

Otherwise, you can disable it globally from Terminal using the command
defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSAppSleepDisabled -bool YES
[/i]"

Hope one of these things helps. As an aside, be sure you don't have a node out of area as that could send your machine into pause as well...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Machine stopping during cutting

Postby gfleener » September 20th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Thank you!! I definitely don't have anything outside the cutting area...I tried the terminal command but it said the command was not found. :-( I'll give it another whirl today and hope & pray it was just a one time fluke!!
gfleener

Cutter: 13" professional

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series