First Cut Help

First Cut Help

Postby fimacq » September 15th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Hello,
I have received my machine and set it up following the manual. Ive previously worked on a Silhoeutte Cameo so this software is entirely new to me.
I have regsitered to be able to get onto the learning centre but waiting to be approved still so asking on here instead..

I currently have the pen holder set up and want to do a test run with the pen before i put my blade in. I have the cardstock on the mat in the machine and set the origin point etc already and should now just need to press 'cut'. On the SCAL program I have just a small circle to 'cut' that i inserted from the existing library but when I press send, absolutely nothing happens (and the machine is def talking to my computer). Is there another setting I need to turn on for the cut to happen?

Would love some help please!

Thank you :)
fimacq

Cutter: prospective buyer

Re: First Cut Help

Postby Gigi » September 15th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Fiona -

There is no approval to wait for to access the learning center for new buyers in the US. You receive the link to the learning center classroom at the time of purchase. Please contact Sherri if you are having issues with that. (info@silverbulletcutters.com). If you purchased a used machine, then that is different. So please verify. You can email me privately at admin@silverbulletcutters.com if you would prefer.

Once you access the learning center you will find all of the answers you need - and more. If nothing is happening, be sure you have your machine "online". Assuming you are running on a PC, also be sure that you have selected the correct com port - you can run the test from the software to be sure they are connecting. My first guess is that you don't have the machine online.

Sometimes being familiar with another machine makes things more difficult not easier, only because you have to unlearn some things to do them "differently" with new machine. It will all make sense the more you practice.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby fimacq » September 15th, 2017, 5:29 pm

Thanks.

Im in Aus and purchased the machine new from Cutting Edge Craft so I believe I have to wait to be approved.

Cutter is definitely online showing v=600mm and f=24

Correct port is connected and the test run works no problem.

Ive tried importing an svg i had saved instead of using the circle from the library incase something was happening there but nothing happening when i press cut on that one either.
fimacq

Postby Gigi » September 15th, 2017, 7:06 pm

You must have just applied as I have not received notification of it. The Learning Center is only open to US buyers. You are welcome to post questions here, but you can also contact your dealer, Joanne, as she is an excellent resource.

Try a machine reset - you may have accidentally changed one of the numbers. To do that, hold down the origin button and turn the machine on. Keep holding it until you see reset on your LCD screen - then you can release the origin button. See if that helps.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby fimacq » September 15th, 2017, 7:42 pm

Joanne got it worked out! I had it preset to the 'pen' settings and it didn't like that. Needed to change it to the 'Custom Preset' setting to work.
fimacq

Postby Gigi » September 15th, 2017, 10:41 pm

Ok good. I have not had to do that when using a pen, although I do change the offset and overcut but it has never not responded. Good to know.

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series