New SB Pro - blade holder will not lower

New SB Pro - blade holder will not lower

Postby rock-n-surf » January 28th, 2017, 1:24 pm

I received my new SB Pro and have gone through the quick start course. When I attempted my first cut on copy paper, the blade holder went through the cutting motions but would not lower to actually make the cut.
The blade holder is properly adjusted, using the spacer as indicated. I tried using a pen, and the blade/pen holder again would not lower to draw. I have double checked everything and can not find any incorrect settings.

Does anyone have some suggestions as to what may be wrong?

Thanks
rock-n-surf

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 18"

Re: New SB Pro - blade holder will not lower

Postby Gigi » January 28th, 2017, 6:47 pm

I don't recall this problem before......

When you push on the carriage that housed the blade holder, will it go up and down? Just want to be sure it has the ability to go up and down.

It may be a machine malfunction - as I said earlier, I do not recall this ever happening. I know that Sherri is aware.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby rock-n-surf » January 28th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Gigi, yes the carriage that holds the blade holder will move down when pressed (and up when released). It has a travel of about 1/4".
rock-n-surf

Postby rock-n-surf » January 28th, 2017, 8:25 pm

Gigi and Sherri,
My husband was looking through some other posts in the forum and found one about doing a reset on the machine. We performed a reset (holding down the origin button while powering it on until "reset" appears) and it now cuts properly.
We also found that using a brand new mat with paper or thin card stock results in the material sticking badly to the mat....

We're back in business.
rock-n-surf

Postby Gigi » January 28th, 2017, 11:44 pm

That is funny - I almost suggested a machine reset but neither Sherri nor I thought that would do it. I am so glad you tried that. I will let Sherri know.

If you will go through the FAQ in the Learning Center, you will see the issue of mats and stickiness addressed. It is also discussed many times on the forum. You can remove some of the stickiness if you like by using a lint free (all cotton) t shirt or rag and blotting some of it off. You will learn to love the stickiness I think over time!!! Do not try to remove the paper by pulling it off - run a thin spatula or credit card or something like that under the paper to release it from the adhesive and it will come off easily.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series