SB won't with computer

SB won't with computer

Postby sbroadway » January 19th, 2017, 12:36 pm

I've been cutting the same file with my machine for several years with little problem with SCAL3. New problem this morning. My 24" machine will not cut any of my 45 files that I cut on a regular basis. SB comes on, it shows the regular settings in the window and I set my software the same for every file. this morning I clicked cut and nothing happened. I changed usb cord and nothing, checked pause, nothing. Turned SB off and on then positioned with arrow keys and clicked cut and nothing. Then rebooted my computer and tried again. Nothing. Then last attempt, switched to another computer with SCAL4 and attempted to cut with same settings, nothing. Any ideas? Could really use some help. I have customers waiting.
sbroadway

Cutter: Prospective buyer

Re: SB won't with computer

Postby Gigi » January 19th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Did you check your power cord? Are you getting a software error when you send a file to the computer (like does it say it can cannot find the silver bullet?) Trying to figure out if it might be a software problem or a machine problem. Have you done a factory reset? That will almost always fix a problem since I am guessing you are not getting any errors since you didn't mention them.

I would start there first as possibly your numbers accidentally changed. And then check your com port to be sure the correct one is showing.

Let us know if that helps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby sbroadway » January 20th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Thanks Gigi, coming from a tech support background, I already checked the cords and isolated that it is not a computer or software issue by swapping out the laptop and using an alternate one with a different version of software. I have not done a factory reset and in fact, don't know how. If that works, I'm going to do a happy dance. If you know how to do a factory reset and can describe, I'd appreciate the help.
sbroadway

Postby Gigi » January 20th, 2017, 1:23 pm

It is in the learning center and has been noted on here many times. It's the first thing we recommend trying so I hope this is the fix for you as well.

With the machine off, hold down the origin button and turn on the machine on. Continue to hold down the button until you see RESET - then you can let go and it will finish starting.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby sbroadway » January 21st, 2017, 6:56 am

UPDATE: Thank you Gigi, the reset worked. I did the happy dance and postponed the purchase of the laser cutter :)
sbroadway

Postby Gigi » January 21st, 2017, 11:34 am

That is fabulous - so happy to hear that it worked. It is the number one go to when things seem off.

Thanks for letting us know! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series