Print and cut

Print and cut

Postby Bernardette » November 3rd, 2016, 4:49 am

When I do a print and cut the cut is always offset by a few mm. How can i correct this please?
Bernardette

Cutter: Pro-24

Re: Print and cut

Postby Gigi » November 3rd, 2016, 7:40 am

First, be sure your calibration is accurate. After you do that, print a test rectangle, cut it, and see if it is accurate. If not, adjust your numbers in the software. It is explained in the learning center how to increase/decrease the numbers to move the cut one direction or another (vertical/horizontal)
To change the numbers, after you click on print and cut, click on calibrate laser then edit values.

Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Bernardette » November 10th, 2016, 3:13 am

Thanks you, I will try that
Bernardette

Cutter: Pro-24

Postby judie1 » March 30th, 2017, 3:50 pm

I have calibrated my machine several times, truly several times and it still cuts different for every file and paper I use. I have checked and checked the rectangle and it looks good. But I have a question, when you draw the rectangle how thick should it be and should the cut be inside the rectangle, as it seems if the cut were just inside I would not have all the white showing.
judie1

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13" Pro

Postby Gigi » March 30th, 2017, 4:43 pm

HI Judie -

First of all, you just purchased the machine and should not be attempting print and cut. I cannot tell from what you wrote, if you are just trying to cut an svg or if you are doing a print and cut. You do not have to calibrate the machine to cut a regular file. Please work your way through simple cutting of shapes in the library first before you ever begin to tackle a print and cut.

And if I am totally off base on what I think you are trying to do, please give us more information. But do not worry about calibrating the machine yet. First work on learning how to cut a simple shape and understand the difference between cutting origin and cutting WYSIWYG.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » March 30th, 2017, 4:55 pm

judie1 wrote:I have calibrated my machine several times, truly several times and it still cuts different for every file and paper I use. I have checked and checked the rectangle and it looks good. But I have a question, when you draw the rectangle how thick should it be and should the cut be inside the rectangle, as it seems if the cut were just inside I would not have all the white showing.

First to clarify - you do not "draw the rectangle" when you are trying to do a print and cut and calibration. When people refer to doing a "print and cut" they are referring to PRINTING from your software to a PRINTER with registration marks that are then used to "align" the laser on your cutter in order to "cut" out what you have printed from your printer. Since you are asking about calibrating, and print and cut but then say "When I DRAW . . . how thick should it be" I think you are doing something different.

As Gigi noted, if you are new to your machine you need to start with the basics and work through understanding cutting with origin and cutting with WYSWYG. Have you done that?
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby judie1 » March 31st, 2017, 7:35 am

I have been a serious cutter for many years and have owned several machines and have print and cut several designs, this was a design from a scrapbooking site a png that I traced thru SCAL 4. I realize that your machine has a high degree of a learning curve in order to use it. I have been using it since I received it. The rectangle that I am referring to is for a test cut for the calibration, it is shown at the learning center and is used for a test cut for the calibration, I was just inquiring about how thick the line should be. I am also having trouble getting the calibration to save after I hit the save button, I go back in and it has reverted back to the original.
judie1

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13" Pro

Postby Gigi » March 31st, 2017, 9:29 am

I rarely use the rectangle to calibrate per se - so it didn't register. I just use the cross in the software which I can get very accurate and then test print and cut a simple image. You can use any shape if you are testing the accuracy of your calibration numbers - the rectangle is just an example, but can be one of the easiest ways to determine if the numbers are accurate. You don't change the thickness of the line. It will cut right on the line when the calibration is accurate.

Are you using the latest version of SCAL? I have no trouble getting my figures to save. I just changed mine, saved it and checked and then redid it and the numbers save each time no problem. Be sure you are not hitting the default button.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » April 10th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Someone on the UK forum suggested using a lower case letter a. That gives you curves, and straightlines.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » April 10th, 2017, 8:41 pm

Thanks Suzan - great idea.

Nice to see you here - hope all is going well.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » April 11th, 2017, 10:45 am

Things are going great. Just crazy hectic busy as always. I can't believe Rylee is going to be 1 on Saturday. It has just gone way to fast. She is getting her 4th tooth. And loves to sing songs, and tries to do itsy bitsy spider, is trying to walk, and the dr. says she is perfect in every way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » April 11th, 2017, 12:47 pm

OH she is so precious! I cannot believe she is almost one either. Wow! You are so lucky to have her right there to enjoy and watch her grow. She is so beautiful. Enjoy!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » April 11th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Sorry didn't mean to hi-jack the post. But it is amazing. And Valerie and I work together and she works M, W, F, and I work M T Th, so I get baby all the time. and I love it.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » April 11th, 2017, 5:09 pm

No problem. We haven't had a thread hijacked in a long time! :) It's nice to catch up on your life and know that things are going so well. Am so happy for you and your family. Thanks for sharing!

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series