SilverBullet for Packaging Prototypes

SilverBullet for Packaging Prototypes

Postby srjeffgr » October 20th, 2016, 11:18 am

Hi,
I need to use my Silver Bullet to make packaging prototypes, but when I use the script in Illustrator to export the art as a SVG file into Sure Cuts A Lot, the linked PSD files in the AI file are all messed up, even if they are embedded; they are missing the masks, compound paths, etc. Does anyone else use the Silver Bullet for packaging prototypes?
srjeffgr

Cutter: SB-24

Re: SilverBullet for Packaging Prototypes

Postby Gigi » October 20th, 2016, 12:51 pm

Try downloading the AI plug in from the Craftedge site that allows you to cut directly from AI to SCAL- perhaps that will help. I don't believe PSD files can be opened in SCAL so you may need to save them into an a larger AI file. I don't use AI so am just taking a guess.
Can you convert the PSD files to AI so they can all transfer to SCAL easily!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby srjeffgr » October 20th, 2016, 1:00 pm

Thanks for the reply. PSD files are like a photograph where AI files are lines and color fills, so it can't be converted. Rasterizing the linked image seems to work, but I wasn't sure if that was the correct thing to do. I'll look for the plugin to cut from AI. The only thing I downloaded was a script that auto exported your file as a SVG and opened up in SCAL for you. Thanks!
srjeffgr

Cutter: SB-24

Postby Gigi » October 20th, 2016, 1:05 pm

It's under the download section on the Craftedge website.

And I will repeat what Sherri says to all customers. Please take the time to really learn the machine first before attempting to learn Print and Cut. It will be so much easier once you have a good grasp of the machine and will save a lot of frustration. We have all been there!

I don't know about the script you are talking about, but the download on the Craftedge website was designed for AI and SCAL to work together specifically. There is also one for Corel Draw and Inkscape. Be sure to download the correct program and format. It's under Extra downloads on the Download page.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series