RE: THIN OR THICK

RE: THIN OR THICK

Postby pcmckinney » October 7th, 2016, 5:34 pm

I am thinking about purchasing a Silver Bullet and I need to know how thin or thick the material needs to be for successful designing, for example doing engraving on a piece of metal. I would like the answer to be in inches and not in density amounts.

When working on wood or leather, the inch measurement is easier to understand than the density one.

Thanks.
pcmckinney

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Re: RE: THIN OR THICK

Postby Gigi » October 7th, 2016, 7:52 pm

Not quite sure how to answer your question but will give it a try. There is about 1/2" room between the bottom of the carriage and the mat. We have had users take their cell phones and engrave the backs of them (on the cover) for instance. So your material has to be thin enough to fit under the carriage. Is that what you mean? You can go to www.silverbulletcutters.com and see examples of engraving on a variety of projects.

As far as leather goes, it IS about density because there are some leathers that emboss/engrave better than others because of their density - just like there are some that cut better and it's about the material, not necessarily the height.

I would also encourage you to browse through the Masterpieces Section to see a variety of projects. We are not all up to date with posting photos, but if there is something in particular you want to see and cannot find, please ask.

You might want to talk directly with Sherri if you have not already done so. She will be able to clearly address any and all of your concerns.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby pcmckinney » October 8th, 2016, 3:36 am

Thanks Gigi. I will ask Sherri...based on what I have seen on this forum, she is the "go to person."
pcmckinney

Postby Gigi » October 8th, 2016, 9:57 am

She is the co-creator of the machine so that is clearly why she is in that position!! :) (as the go to person!)

Did you browse through the masterpieces to see what some are doing with leather. There are some great dog collar/tag examples.

Engraving on metal is not a problem at all and you get beautiful results. There are a lot of examples in the gallery at www.silverbulletcutters.com - from metal to a canning lid and more.

If you have a specific leather you want to check, I would recommend that you send samples to Sherri. You can reach her at info@silverbulletcutters.com

Gigi
Gigi

Postby pcmckinney » October 8th, 2016, 1:04 pm

Gigi,
Can't find the Masterpieces. How do get to that link? Thanks again.
pcmckinney

Postby Gigi » October 8th, 2016, 1:08 pm

Click on the Board Index (upper left here) and the masterpieces is the fourth heading down. I just checked it and it is working.......

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series