Newbie Help!

Newbie Help!

Postby KCH » March 25th, 2016, 9:32 pm

Hi there!
I've recently purchased the 24" Silver Bullet and have been loving it so far, but I need some help.
I'm making wedding invitations for a friend and have a very specific paper size of 6.875x15.3125 thats already been cut and scored.
My design that I need to cut starts in at .25 from the sides.
I've been using WYSIWYG in SCAL4 but my design is ever so slightly off when it cuts a single piece and becomes a bigger problem when I lay 5 pieces back to back (I bought the commercial cutting mat).
So i switched over to origin point cutting which gave me a super precise cut, but I had to put an invisible box around my design that is the size of the paper that I have. The only problem is that it cuts the invisible box as well.
Is there anyway to keep the invisible box around it but not cut it so that I can have my boarder around my design?
Also, the only reason I stopped using WYSIWYG is because I couldn't make the virtual mat size my exact paper size. It kept rounding up my measurements to 6.88x15.31 :shock:
If anyone could help THANK YOU in advance!! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KCH

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Newbie Help!

Postby Gigi » March 25th, 2016, 11:09 pm

It's rounding up because there is only room for two places after the decimal. I don't know if you can do it the way you want. I am happy to email Brandon and ask him but it's Easter weekend and he will probably be busy with the kids - not sure how soon he can respond. I am not aware of how to get it to extend as detailed as you want it. Does anyone else know??

Is the problem with origin in lining it up because you need it to be .25 in from the bottom and side? (that is a lovely invitation by the way). Just a thought. You could continue to cut origin with just the design, put a mark on your mat so you know just where to set the paper and another mark .25 in if that is what you need to set the blade and cut. Might be one work around.

I will email Brandon in the meantime.....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby KCH » March 26th, 2016, 1:33 pm

Thanks so much Gigi!!!
And great idea for the work around!! I'm going to try it out now :)
Also read in a previous post that you commented on about slowing down the speed when positioning the blade.
Major help!! Thanks! :D
KCH

Postby Gigi » March 26th, 2016, 1:57 pm

I hope it works for you - please let us know. It helps to know what things are helpful and what aren't!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby KCH » March 26th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Completely worked for me!! :)
I marked a small dot on the paper (.25 in from the side and bottom) to line up the origin point to and it worked perfectly!
I'm now able to get 4 pieces on a single mat and all are cutting super precise.
Thank you so much for all the help!!
KCH

Postby Gigi » March 26th, 2016, 11:55 pm

I am so glad. Thanks for letting us know!

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series