Machine Problem

Machine Problem

Postby Cbholland » January 5th, 2016, 3:10 pm

I was using my machine fine the other day and then went to cut some orders today and I am having a problem.

I use Print and Cut with Make the Cut

My machine cuts out my sticker sheet perfectly and once it finishes the cut, it tries to recut the whole sheet. Multi-cut is disabled so I didn't tell it to cut again. And the crazy thing is when it goes to recut the sheets, it's like the blade is pushing all the way down and just tearing through the whole thing. I have restarted my program turned the cutter on and off and nothing seems to be making a difference.

Anyone have any ideas?
http://www.stickerpalooza.com
Make the Cut is my jam
The Print and Cut Master....or so I think! ;)
Cbholland

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet

Re: Machine Problem

Postby Barbara » January 5th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Try a machine reset,
Barbara

Postby MeFlick » January 5th, 2016, 6:03 pm

Also, was this a file you have cut before with no problems before or a new file? Did you create the file yourself? Get it from somewhere else? Create it from doing a pixel trace? I also use MTC so if you would like for me to check the file and test cut it for you if resetting the machine didn't work let me know and I would be happy to do so to see if there is a problem with the file.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby kmmhug » January 6th, 2016, 6:30 pm

Are you sure that you do not have it set within the software to multi cut?
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby Gigi » January 6th, 2016, 9:13 pm

You could also have accidentally double traced the items without realizing it so you might want to break the design apart and be sure.

And we certainly have people happily using MTC with print and cut, but at some point you might want to try print and cut with SCAL just for comparison.

I am guessing you have more than one layer on your file.

Good luck.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Cbholland » January 12th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone! Just had to restart the whole computer and all was good! SCAL doesn't work with what I am doing.
Make the Cut is my jam
Cbholland

Postby MeFlick » January 12th, 2016, 12:52 pm

Glad it was a simple fix to restart your computer. Sometimes they and/or the cutter just get "cluttered" in their "thoughts" I think -especially if its been a while since they have been completely shutdown!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » January 17th, 2016, 5:00 am

Cbholland wrote:Thanks for the responses everyone! Just had to restart the whole computer and all was good! SCAL doesn't work with what I am doing.

Just curious what you are doing that SCAL doesn't work with..if could certainly be something we can ask Branson to add for versatility and convenience.

Glad tou gor it working again.w
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Cbholland » January 27th, 2016, 10:55 pm

Gigi wrote:
Cbholland wrote:Thanks for the responses everyone! Just had to restart the whole computer and all was good! SCAL doesn't work with what I am doing.

Just curious what you are doing that SCAL doesn't work with..if could certainly be something we can ask Branson to add for versatility and convenience.

Glad tou gor it working again.w

Sorry it took me so long to respond! I don't get on here too often! Whenever I imported png files the images were not as clear as they should be. I spent hours looking at it as well as Rob and it wouldn't work. I did the latest update and looks like the issue is resolved but I have over 100 files in MTC and each file averages at least 20 cut lines so moving it all over would be horrible! I may start to gradually move over to SCAL as I make more layouts but haven't started the process yet!
Make the Cut is my jam
Cbholland

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series