Standard roll vynil

Standard roll vynil

Postby xSyDx » December 8th, 2015, 1:52 pm

I have a need for a vynil plotter. The vynil is the type 3M and Avery sells that will be used on various items.

My question is that can i load a roll vynil and cut long pieces (anywhere from 20-30" to 5' or more) using the silver bullet? The backing on the vynil would have to remain uncut obviously.

Is there any video that shows this setup?

Thank you.
xSyDx

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Re: Standard roll vynil

Postby Suzan » December 10th, 2015, 9:26 pm

I cut from a roll all the time. I do put a dowel thru the roll behind the machine or a yardstick so it doesn't fly all over the place, and I do unroll quite a bit behind it also. I load it and run some thru to make sure it doesn't skew or go crooked. Vinyl is fun and easy to cut. I have done super thin to heavy glitter htv. I love it.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby xSyDx » December 11th, 2015, 2:57 pm

Thanks for the reply Suzan.

So the rollers in the machine are strong enough to pull the vynil from it's roll? Is it possible you can take a video of this next time you print on a vynil from the roll? I just want to see how the roll behaves and how large/heavy the roll is.
xSyDx

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Postby Suzan » December 12th, 2015, 3:20 am

I have a 15" machine, so it is usually a 12" roll or 15" if I can find it. 5 or 10 yards. I cut out over three skeleton heads at top speed last year, it was about 5 feet long. Not a bit of problem. YOu just have to make sure the vinyl is running thru straight. That is why I put a yardstick thru the tube. And unroll out the back. Mine sits on a cart, so I unroll enough it feeds freely but doesn't touch the ground.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series