HELP!!

HELP!!

Postby cindirellar » September 1st, 2015, 9:10 am

Good Morning everyone! I have a problem, I have had my machine for about 3 years and it has been great! All of a sudden it started cutting weird, not right at all, like the blade does not know where it is going. I have redownloaded and reinstalled the drivers, had it unplugged for a couple of days, etc... I am using SCAL PRO 4. I am attaching a screen shot so you can see what it is doing. I cut on white vinyl so I couldn't take a pic of the actual vinyl but I moved the letters just as it cut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cindirellar

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullett Professional

Re: HELP!!

Postby Gigi » September 1st, 2015, 11:00 am

I would start with a machine reset. Have you done that yet? That will often throw things off.

I would start there. There are other things I would suggest to do, but want to try one thing at a time, rather than throw a lot of things at you. :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby cindirellar » September 1st, 2015, 12:07 pm

Thank you Gigi! I have looked and looked for how to do a machine reset. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks again!
cindirellar

Postby Gigi » September 1st, 2015, 12:19 pm

It's right here in the main menu of the Learning Center
http://learn.silverbulletcutters.com/si ... onditions/

You can also do a search on here for machine reset (and can also search the learning center) should you not be able to find something you need.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby cindirellar » September 1st, 2015, 4:55 pm

Gigi! Thank you so much for all your help. Unfortunately, although I tried reset twice, it is still cutting really messed up.

Any ideas as to what else I can try? :banghead:

Thank you again for your assistance!
Cindi
cindirellar

Postby Gigi » September 1st, 2015, 6:40 pm

Are you just cutting in SCAL with fonts? Do you have the file saved so I can try it? Are you importing from another software program or doing all of it in SCAL?

Have you watched the vinyl while it is cutting? Are you using a mat or cutting on the roll? Is there a chance that the vinyl is not advancing? (so maybe the pinch wheels are gummy and not moving the vinyl well so it's cutting on top of itself? Are the pinch wheels positioned over the grit shaft? It may be as simple as the wheels not moving the material. LMK if any of that makes sense and/or helps.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby cindirellar » September 1st, 2015, 8:31 pm

HI! The picture attached shows how it cut after I reset the machine. I am using SCAL 4 PRo, it is just words and I've cut it correctly by switching to my silhouette and my GCC cutter. It did it about a month ago, and I just have not used it sense because I did not have time to mess with it..been busy :)
I appreciate your help. It just started cutting random like this one day. So weird. I always use a mat, just a habit. Everything is rolling correctly and the machine is working right. All of the settings are correct, I checked those against the information you provided me. I really want to use it, and need to get it working right before Christmas orders start..I just have searched and searched for a solution and have not found one. I am pretty resourseful and knowledgeable but just cannot get this one.

Thanks again!
Cindi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cindirellar

Postby Gigi » September 1st, 2015, 8:50 pm

Cindi -

Can you please send me the file exactly as it is when it cuts incorrectly? admin@silverbulletcutters.com I want to see if any of it makes sense to me.

You are sure all of the pinch wheels are over the grit shaft? Are you cutting origin or WYSIWYG?

Can you also please send me a screen shot of your preferences box (Edit>Preferences) and of your Cutter Settings (click on Cutter and then the Settings button). You can either upload those pics here or send them to me.

If you upload the file rather than email it, you either need to zip it in the SCUT format or export it as an SVG to upload. Thanks.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby meganmelinda » January 24th, 2016, 7:29 pm

I'm having a similar problem and I don't see the answer here. It seems like the machine is getting stuck in spots and not moving where it's supposed to go. I recently changed the mat so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. It also seems to make some weird unusual noises. I did a factory reset and restarted my computer but it seems like it's something else.
meganmelinda

Cutter: Silver Bullet

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series