Machine Stuck on Cutting

Machine Stuck on Cutting

Postby aprilwinks » June 24th, 2013, 8:12 pm

UGH! I don't even know how to start a new post! :(
Anyway, i'm trying to do print and cut and calibrate along with the video. My machine keeps locking up and just says cutting instead of online and i can't get it to do any thing. I keep reseting it and also just try turning it off. Thanks!!! :)
aprilwinks

Cutter: silver bullet 24"

Re: Machine Stuck on Cutting

Postby Tyler » June 26th, 2013, 7:14 pm

This happens pretty frequently with new users. When you enter the print and cut dialog box, the machine moves to the first registration point and then waits for your input. If more than a few seconds pass without any information being sent to the machine, the computer just drops the connection and the only way to start again is start over. To get around this, once the machine starts moving, just press the left/right arrows while you think about what you need to be doing. This will keep the connection active.

This is only a "learner" experience. Once you have done a couple of print and cuts, it becomes second nature and you will be so quick you don't even notice it. You can also learn about all the keyboard shortcuts in the print and cut dialog box. I actually have my cutter in a different room than the computer. I keep a wireless keyboard with the machine. When I do print and cut, I just go over to the machine and use the wireless keyboard to do everything and it is super fast! It just takes a little patience at the beginning. You're doing great!

And you did starting a new post perfectly :-D
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series