60 degree long blade and foam core

60 degree long blade and foam core

Postby mroot@mca.edu » December 18th, 2012, 11:42 pm

HI,
I am doing tests on thickness, wanting to cut foam core that is app 3 mm thick. I have the 60 degree long blade, and want to know if it works exactly like the 60 degree regular blade, as in should there still be the same amount of blade sticking out and should I still use the cutting guide included to set the height of the blade carriage? Any advice on this matter would be helpful. Also, is there anywhere online where people can share some of their settings? Some rough guide as for the v and G settings would be real useful.
Thanks,
Meredith
mroot@mca.edu

Cutter: silver bullet

Re: 60 degree long blade and foam core

Postby Tyler » January 5th, 2013, 11:29 am

You should have the thickness of your media + a little sticking out for the depth, but you would still use the height guide to set the height.

make sure to do some small test shapes first. 3 mm is pretty thick for foam so be sure you go slow. You may need to use multiple passes and less force as when foam gets that thick, the top part of it can compress more than the bottom part stuck to the mat if that makes sense.
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby Gigi » January 5th, 2013, 1:47 pm

mroot@mca.edu wrote:HI,
I am doing tests on thickness, wanting to cut foam core that is app 3 mm thick. I have the 60 degree long blade, and want to know if it works exactly like the 60 degree regular blade, as in should there still be the same amount of blade sticking out and should I still use the cutting guide included to set the height of the blade carriage? Any advice on this matter would be helpful. Also, is there anywhere online where people can share some of their settings? Some rough guide as for the v and G settings would be real useful.
Thanks,
Meredith

HI Meredith-

Penny has a guide on her forum. The link is still down so if you want me to email it to you - just lmk.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby mroot@mca.edu » January 9th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Hi,
I would love to get the link for Penny's guide so I have a rough measure to go on.
Thanks,
Meredith
mroot@mca.edu

Cutter: silver bullet

Postby Angel135612 » January 9th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Here is the link to Penny's Blog with the link for the chart.

http://pennyduncancreations.blogspot.co ... th-my.html
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series