Feedback on receiving my machine

Feedback on receiving my machine

Postby Faerie Man » November 18th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Hi all,

Just got my Silver Bullet 24" on Friday. I want to provide a bit of feedback about the experience of unpacking it--mostly positive, a couple of spots for improvement. Not looking for responses here--I've posted some newbie start-up questions already. Just looking to improve the process for those who follow.

1) The packaging is awesome! The machine came well-protected, well-packed. And the advice to read/view the instructions before opening was clear and helpful.

2) The manual/video/learning center material on unpacking the machine were very clear and easy to follow.

3) The video tutorial on the user interface is very clear. I note that it goes through all the controls in the online mode, then all the controls in the offline mode. The manual, on the other hand, goes through each control and describes what it does on both online and offline mode. I found the order of the video tutorial much clearer and easier to follow.

4) The tutorials for installing the blade in the holder were very clear and easy to follow, both video and in the manual.

5) The tutorial for setting the blade height was unclear. Specifically it wasn't clear to me whether the blade should go onto the plastic part of the spacer and butt up agains the white chipboard or be on the chipboard itself. (I also had problems with the clamp being tight--I took that up in my post with questions--I welcome any further advice about this item there.)

6) I got the Got to Have it All kit. Great to have all that material.

7) Newbie dummy error: When I saw the embossing pad, I thought it was an extra cutting mat with the embossing pad stuck to it. I tried to remove the embossing pad from it. When the rubber started to tear, I got creative and held the whole thing near my fireplace to soften the adhesive. I got the embossing pad off. Then I tried to use that as a cutting mat. It held onto my paper pretty strongly! D'oh! Everything else is labeled so well, it would be helpful to have some labeling that warns others against the "Robert error".

That's it for now!

Happy Sunday!

Robert
Faerie Man

Cutter: SB-24

Re: Feedback on receiving my machine

Postby kim » November 18th, 2012, 7:10 pm

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: on the embossing mat! I think we have all had some kind of moment like that. Mine was with a Silhouette mat...
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Tyler » November 18th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Good to know that people are going through that information...that will help you tons. Thanks for the feedback. Very useful.

The loading the blade section has been edited (pictures and text) to hopefully make it more clear for future users. http://learn.silverbulletcutters.com/si ... de-holder/
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby rachellann » November 18th, 2012, 10:25 pm

yep that darn embossing mat glue is terrible on paper isn't it. LOL That a good thing to point out so others don't do a Robert error. LOL
I hope all questions and help needed are answered here in the forums has been helpful.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Faerie Man » November 18th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Tyler wrote:The loading the blade section has been edited (pictures and text) to hopefully make it more clear for future users. http://learn.silverbulletcutters.com/si ... de-holder/

WOW! Unbelievably responsive! Thanks! That's much clearer.
Faerie Man

Postby Tyler » November 19th, 2012, 9:49 pm

I am glad it helps...I realized this afternoon that I used the click blade holder to illustrate. I hope that is okay. I cannot for the life of me find my silver stock blade holder!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby golpar » November 23rd, 2012, 3:09 pm

Hello everyone!

Good to know that this forum is here to help out. I also am a new Silver Bullet owner and this is my first post. Like Robert, I was/am a bit confused about the smaller cutting pad that comes with foam on it. Robert, you called it an embossing pad, right? I tried to peel the foam off but then I quickly stopped and decided I should see if I could find info about it somewhere.

Is there a link or info about this item and how it's used?

Thanks and good to meet you all. I'm looking forward to getting more comfortable with this machine.
golpar

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby Faerie Man » November 26th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Hi! Welcome. I'm almost as new as you are and am amazed and impressed with how responsive and helpful this community is. I'm loving my Silver Bullet.

As I understand the embossing pad (haven't yet used it), it's used with the embossing tools. The material (which can be paper or metal) is taped to that pad. The foam provides some give, so that as the embossing tool moves over the material, it can press down and leave a deeper impression.

I've searched the forum on the words "emboss" or "embossing" and found some good advice.
Faerie Man

Postby Gigi » November 26th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Welcome golpar.

Robert gave you great beginner's advice. For now, It is just for use with the embossing tools. And trust me - you are not the first and will not be the last who has tried to pull the foam off the mat!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » November 27th, 2012, 11:59 am

Welcome golpar!!

I agree, Robert's summation is right on the money about the embossing mat. And like Gigi said, you are not the first and will not be the last to try and remove the foam from the mat!!! LOL
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby tamihowse » November 27th, 2012, 7:18 pm

Oh, my word. That's funny! Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Postby Geri M » March 17th, 2013, 2:29 pm

I didn't understand that th mat included in the box was already sticky. I almost tried to restick the mat. I was just about to put the renu sheet on the new mat, but luckly I tried a piece of paper and it held. It is so different then the other mats. Love it.
Geri M

Cutter: silver bullet 13"

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series