Comparison of the Silver Bullet vs Lynx

Comparison of the Silver Bullet vs Lynx

Postby PennyDuncan » July 31st, 2012, 10:02 am

Lisa....Hit this out of the park...You DEFINATELY want to check out her blog and see the comparison video she did!!!!!!!
http://mindovermattercreations.blogspot ... -lynx.html
AWESOME job Lisa!!!!! Can we try to get this to the top of the search by everyone sharing her post on Google + and Facebook?????
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Re: Comparison of the Silver Bullet vs Lynx

Postby Suzan » July 31st, 2012, 10:41 am

Will do
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » July 31st, 2012, 10:54 am

Just watched the video Lisa -great job and clearly shows the difference in the two machines. I love how you ended -they ARE both great machines - one is just a little more refined than the other , as a newer model should be.

Bravo.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby PennyDuncan » July 31st, 2012, 10:57 am

I absolutely agree Gigi!!!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby Dana » July 31st, 2012, 8:23 pm

Not to be a bummer here... but if the machine was slowed down and a detailed blade was used, you would get just as good of a cut with the Lynx or cougar than you did with the SB. The SB is faster, no doubt, in fact it is 11 seconds faster (I counted), but unless you are doing mass production, that 11 seconds doesn't really make that much difference to the general crafter. Quality matters to me and you get that with all 3 machines if the settings are set correctly and not just the speed.

Please don't be angry with me, I LOVE that Dawn and Sherri are embarking on a new machine that will obviously do well, and I love the video that Lisa did.. it does show the capability of the SB very well, I just hate for people to believe that the Cougar or Lynx machines are not a good machine anymore, especially if some of you are wanting to sell your machines to upgrade, it might be difficult if people to be able to sell their used machines at a decent price if things are perceived that the machines are not capable of making decent cuts, which we all know that they are.

I will go and hide now.... I'm really not trying to cause any trouble here, I just felt that I had to say my thoughts.

Thyme and Sherri if you feel that this is an inappropriate post and feel the need to remove it, I completely understand. I do wish you much much success with the new machine and IF and when I am ready to upgrade, the SB will by my machine of choice, but right now, my Lynx does exactly what I need it to and is an awesome machine!!! Thank you for it!!!
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby PennyDuncan » July 31st, 2012, 9:05 pm

But actually Dana.......Lisa's video shares that she does indeed believe the Lynx is a great machine...but it is more then clear the Silver Bullet is an more sound and solid machine all the way around.....that's the point for the video....clearly showing that the Silver Bullet is NOT the Lynx in a different colored body........

And we've all made clear the Cougar's and Lynx' are STILL GREAT machines......no one is saying that is not the fact.......but the upgrades that Sherri did to the Silver Bullet are clear......it only takes someone to really use it one time to see it......
PennyDuncan

Postby Dana » July 31st, 2012, 9:18 pm

I didn't realize that people were stating that it is a Lynx in a different colored body. Sorry. It is obviously a great machine. I'm sorry if I caused any hard feelings.

I still stand by my statement that if the machine was slowed down it would still give you a great cut, not the torn ones that are being shown and if people want to sell their machines, these new videos might put a damper on the sales of the used machines.
Dana

Cutter: Lynx "Nikita"

Postby PennyDuncan » July 31st, 2012, 9:27 pm

It's not some people....it's Colin and his minions......and it must be show CLEARLY to him and his minions that the lies they are trying to spread are flat out FALSE..........
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » July 31st, 2012, 9:48 pm

The Silver Bullet is also much quieter than the Lynx or the Cougar or any other cutter I have ever used.

And as Penny said, the point of doing the side by side comparison is to hopefully quiet the rumors that the SB is nothing more than a glorified Lynx - not even sure he gives it that much credit. So showing the speed comparison helps clearly portray the difference.

It is a great machine as is the Cougar and Sherri and Dawn stand behind all of their machines.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MichelleMyBelle » August 1st, 2012, 1:04 pm

As a Cougar owner, I don't feel it was a put down. I have only seen a few posts that Colin has posted on Penny's blog. He feels the Silver Bullet Pro machine is just a Lynx. So I think making the comparison videos shows him and potential customers it truly is not!

Do I feel I have a lesser machine because the new Silver Bullet has been released? Certainly not! All things get improved upon at one time or another. Look at cell phones for example, it seems like a new one is released every 3-4 months LOL The technology gets better and so do products. We are better off for it, does not mean a previous model has no value to us anymore.

I personally enjoyed the video, I love seeing what the Silver Bullet is capable of doing!
MichelleMyBelle

Cutter: Pro 18, Foil Master, Platinum 24"

Postby kim » August 1st, 2012, 1:16 pm

I agree Michelle. And I think that alot of us are just playing around to see what the differences are. I just had my SB cutting at 620 velocity last night on a very very detailed file. Just to see what it would do. And I REALLY LOVE my Cougar and am keeping it, but the difference (I've just started playing last night) is that the cuts the SB make are just better. THe Cougar cuts awesome also, but the SB seems to take paper/files that even the Cougar sometimes has a problem with and makes nice clean cuts. I am hoping to try Bazzill tonight....it's slightly humid here and I NEVER try Bazzill when it is humid. And I would agree that on some things speed doesn't matter that it cuts only 11 seconds faster....but I am impatient when doing large files and every second counts! LOL. :ROFLMBO: It could be one second faster and I would be one second happier! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Suzan » August 1st, 2012, 1:22 pm

I think the most important thing to remember is, no matter what you have a Lynx, a Cougar, or a Silver Bullet is they are all excellent machines. The bullet has new upgrades yes, and we all love them. But our Cougar and Lynx people are also very important to all of us and there are a lot of things if not almost all that they can also do on there machines. I think we new Bullet owners are pushing our limits to see what we can do. I remember when I got my cougar, the big thing was to jump right in and do a print and cut. We are all hyped up and excited, but it doesn't matter which machine you have, everyone here is just as important and anyone else. So is every machine, old or new.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » August 1st, 2012, 2:01 pm

My Cougar is too awesome a machine to let go of....although I did consider getting a smaller one, then decided "what the heck"...just keep the 24" since I love the size so much. I will admit...I didn't need the SB, but I just wanted it soooooo bad just because it was the newest one on the market while still getting the awesome customer service. But I am so happy I did get it....there are several things that I really like about it....the display. I am short and certain body parts push the buttons when I bend over to do something on the Cougar. The SB display is raised up and I find it sooooo much easier. And I know that this isn't the greatest reason, but it's sooooo PRETTY. All Silver and sleek. I haven't tried the Cougar on the speed, but man is that SB fast....I am just talking in terms that I have NEVER cut at 600 plus before. LOL. I would have expected the paper to be shredded, but it wasn't. I am still playing around and pushing limits. I went from a Cricut to the Cougar, so really didn't know anything about pushing limits back then, so now with the SB, I am trying out a lot of stuff that I should have done with the Cougar. Sure that baby wouldv'e handled a lot of this stuff. But first impressions with the SB....it seems to be just THAT much better than the Cougar in making cuts. I wouldn't encourage those that have the Cougars to go and get a SB....unless they have the $$$ because the Cougars will still do the job just as they always have. But if I were to talk to someone in the market for a new machine, then I would recommend the SB, since the price is about the same. But what is even better is that no matter which machine you have, if Dawn or Sherri sold it to you, you will still get the same customer service you always have and have come to expect.
kim

Postby LisaH » August 2nd, 2012, 7:45 am

Remember a while back, when I said hubby told me to get another Lynx...so I would have 2 to use, just set up differently? Well, see, this is the thing...I now have a Lynx and a Sulver Bullet Professional...and I don't intend to sell the Lynx...cause I can use both of them...LOL it was a surprise, and I was shocked when it arrived...I guess someone was actually listening when I was talking...LOL imagine that!

Anywho...I still love my Lynx and it is a fantastic machine, and I love my Silver Bullet Pro which is a phenomenal machine. It does cut smoother, quieter and quicker...and if someone has the money to spend on a NEW machine, the Silver Bullet is the one I would suggest, but if they could only afford a used machine, I would tell them they would never regret purchasing a Lynx or Cougar. Purchase what your budget will allow, but definitely get one of these three! And beyond the purchase of the machine, the customer service Sherri provides is beyond compare.
LisaH

Postby Retta » August 2nd, 2012, 8:16 am

Thank you all and Dana thank you. I want everyone to realize that we have the top machines in the industry and that Sherri and Dawn are the reason they are. I understand where Dana was coming from in that we all are in the best possible position, we all have the ability to cut what we want because the machine (s) we have are just awesome. My Cougar compared to another Cougar may cut differently as far as force and velocity. It is suppose to be apples for apples, but so many factors come in. I use my detailed blade holder to cut chipboard. It was like amazing. I love that holder. So I appreciate the reminder that I may have an older model but it rocks. If I were to sell it, I would be selling a quality machine. I'm excited for all of you who got the Silver Bullet!!! I guess with all the excitement, I could get really excited about getting one for sure. I can't afford it and you know, I'm still excited. Thanks for remembering us. I think with some past drama's on other lists, remembering everyone is a real bonus here. Nobody or their machines are left out. I think that is the best thing.

I love all you ladies and appreciate all the guys here too.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Angel135612 » August 2nd, 2012, 9:10 am

Both machines are capable of cutting at very high speeds and doing it well. Most people think that the slower it goes the better the cut, but that isn't true. Yes, the speed needs to be slowed down for some materials, but for others, the higher speeds work great. I NEVER put my speed up past 200 on my Cougar, I was afraid to go that fast, and I didn't realize that it would have made for better cuts, until I got the Silver Bullet. Since I got my Silver Bullet, I have the speed up in the high 700's most of the time, and let me tell you, once you get used to that speed, it's hard to go slower.

I don't think any one would have a problem selling their used Black Cats. Not every one can afford the latest and greatest, nor do they want the latest and greatest, and would be more than happy to have a quality machine at a discount. It may take some time to find the right buyer for your machine, but it would get sold. There is NOTHING wrong with the Black Cats, and no one is saying there is. But new things come to the market all the time, and things are improved upon. But just because there is something new, doesn't mean that the "old" model is no longer a good product. It is just that now there is something that is even better than before.

The Silver Bullet is an improvement over the Black Cat, it had to be. There is no reason to release a new machine that is the same as an old one. Because of some things that have happened with the Black Cat, Sherri and Dawn needed to release a new machine. They choose to make improvements over the Black Cat, instead of releasing something that was similar. If you ask me, they hit the ball out of the ballpark with the Silver Bullet. Most of the improvements, you can't see, such as a new processor, better and QUIETER motors, and a few other things that I can't remember right now. They added an extra pinch wheel, they are using a Lynx body, which to me, is MUCH better than the Black Cat. I love that the control panel is raised, so it is easier to see and reach the buttons. There is a quality about the Silver Bullet that makes it better, and it's hard to describe. But if you see the machine in action, you can just tell, that it is an improvement.

There is always going to be excitement around something new.. but that doesn't mean the old something is no longer the good product that it once was. I would have loved to have kept my Cougar, but I just don't have the room or the need to have 2 24 inch cutting machines. If I ever needed an extra machine, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used Cougar, or a new one for that matter, IF Sherri still had one in stock. I would only buy from Sherri, because of the customer service she gives BEFORE AND AFTER the sale. If I couldn't buy one from Sherri, or a used one from one of her customers, I would rather go with out... because to me, it isn't worth getting a Black Cat WITHOUT the great customer service from Sherri and Dawn.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » August 2nd, 2012, 5:09 pm

Well, I am so excited that I have both of my machines...the 24" Cougar and the 24" Silver Bullet. I've said this many times and after playing with the Silver Bullet (which is an AWESOME machine), I still love my Cougar also. It does the job for me time and time again and nothing has changed in that regards. But why am I so excited? Well, I went to go look at that house again before I put in my offer and looked at the workshop! I am in heaven!! It is a seperate building...with air and heat...two rooms and a bathroom. Some builtin cabinets and bookshelves. Don't much care for the flooring, but LOVE the space.
kim

Postby Gigi » August 2nd, 2012, 6:09 pm

Sounds awesome Kim!! You will be in crafting heaven!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » August 2nd, 2012, 6:11 pm

That sound like a dream space, Kim. Good luck!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » August 2nd, 2012, 6:23 pm

It will be perfect for the dream machine. :D I think I need to name my machines the Dynamic Duo!
kim

Next

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series