Final cut is 3/16ths wider than it should be

Final cut is 3/16ths wider than it should be

Postby srjeffgr » September 1st, 2017, 11:48 am

For example, the width of the die line in illustrator is 32 inches wide and 18 inches tall. SCAL shows the same dimensions in the preview window, but the final cut out, when measured with a ruler, is 32 3/16" x 18". This is not a print and Cut. Is there a setting I need to set? I did a factory reset, re-calibrated the laser 3 times.
Settings-
Stock: 18pt cardboard
Blade: 60 degree (regular)
Force: 120
Speed: 360
Blade offset: .6mm
Overcut: 1mm
srjeffgr

Cutter: SB-24

Re: Final cut is 3/16ths wider than it should be

Postby Gigi » September 1st, 2017, 2:13 pm

First of all - you do not need to calibrate the machine for cutting - that is only for print and cut. You might want to look at the learning center again.

Your blade offset is also incorrect. for a regular blade, your offset should be .25mm. The setting you are using is for the 45 60 degree DETAIL blades.

You also dont say how you are taking your images from Illustrator to SCAL. If you are bringing them straight in from Illustrator, go to Edit>Preferences in SCAL. Under the General tab, your SVG DPI should be set to Illustrator not Inkscape which I believe is the default. Any or all of those things could be contributing to the cut being off.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby mmhockeyfan » September 1st, 2017, 6:32 pm

Hi,
I save my Illustrator files as *.*svg and open the *.*svg in SCAL. Maybe that'll help?
mmhockeyfan

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Postby srjeffgr » October 2nd, 2017, 7:11 pm

Thanks for the help. I ended up finding out that my pressure was too high and it was causing the blade to slow down and drift off. I lowered the pressure and set it to 4 passes and it works great now.
srjeffgr

Cutter: SB-24

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series