With just the entries I have counted so far.........

With just the entries I have counted so far.........

Postby CaseysAngel » July 25th, 2011, 9:20 am

We have 257 Entries!!!!!!! Everyone is doing amazing and the crop still has about 13 hours left!!!!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Re: With just the entries I have counted so far.........

Postby Mary Kobe » July 25th, 2011, 10:37 am

WOW! That is a huge number!

this has been a wonderful challenge..so many great ideas and so many talented people!
Mary Kobe

Postby shirltop » July 25th, 2011, 10:39 am

Woo Hoo! Go people, go people!
"The time has come for us to stand a little taller." Gordon B. Hinckley
shirltop

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Postby JeannetteC » July 25th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Wow, that's fantastic! Doing the challenges was great, but my favourite part is seeing everyone else's projects.
JeannetteC

Postby Gigi » July 25th, 2011, 11:07 pm

I so agree . I love seeing what everyone did and how many different way things were interpreted. It's a great way to get new ideas and a fresh perspective!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kathybessey » July 25th, 2011, 11:16 pm

That is so awesome!!! I wish I had been able to do more challenges but I am really happy with what I was able to do and will be doing the others as time permits! Thanks to all the folks that gave us challenges and to Christy for organizing everything! You are all so wonderful and I am so happy to have such a great, fun, supportive and nutty family!
kathybessey

Postby Suzan » July 25th, 2011, 11:26 pm

It was fun, The challenges I managed to complete were things I hadn't done before. Gives me lots of ideas for Christmas.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby CeCeCreates » July 26th, 2011, 10:32 am

It was FUN, FUN, FUN!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Quicklabs » July 26th, 2011, 10:42 am

This was my first challenge and I'm sure glad I chose this one to start with. LOVED it. I'm hooked now.
Wag more; bark less
Quicklabs

Postby Gigi » July 26th, 2011, 11:38 am

It is pretty darned addicting. Maybe next time not quite as many challenges? It's hard not to want to do them all and sometimes life just gets in the way - darned it all!!! I know there are some amazing over achievers who did them all, but I knew from the beginning there was no way I could, and for someone who has always wanted to finish everything, it was hard!! :banghead: :banghead: Not complaining - just sharing!! It was still wonderful. :) :hide:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » July 26th, 2011, 4:42 pm

These are so much fun! I had a blast!!!!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby shirltop » July 26th, 2011, 5:30 pm

OK Gigi, this is the second time you have called me an "over-achiever". Just to set the record straight, I have never "over" anything...other than my weight! :ROFLMBO: I never had any intention of completing all of the challenges, it just happened. You see, I am not a seasoned crafter like most of you so I took this crop as a real "challenge" to really see if I COULD do all the things others do. So I found out that, yes, I can, just don't have the same artistic eye that all of you have. I have never been creative in any way so this is all something that is new to me and I am finding it to be quite fun. It does tend to take up most of my time, however, and my house is sorely suffering! :banghead: Now my only dilemma is that I want to quit my job because it just isn't fun anymore, and the ONLY reason I started to do it was to get some spending money for me. I don't HAVE to work if I don't want to, but then I don't have the spending money either! Unlike a lot of you, I can't just run out and spend money. Not that my husband wouldn't let me....I just CAN'T! :banghead: I grew up in a really poor family and all of those years of scrimping and saving has really stuck with me. It has been really hard to have my kids get the concept that you "turn off lights when not in use" :whip: and "eat all the food on your plate because there may not be more the next meal", :whip: etc. You get the picture. Wow, all this just to say that I am not an "over-achiever"! Sorry! :oops: Anyway, there you have it! No "over" anything for me!

Edit: Just read my entry and wanted to edit it to say that I hope no one takes offense at this post! I didn't mean it to sound so mean! :hide: :hide: I was actually TRYING to be funny. Guess it didn't work!
shirltop

Postby Gigi » July 26th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Oh Shirl - I am so sorry. I did not mean to offend you in ANY way. I was just trying to tease those of you who got all of the challenges done. I am sitting here in tears. I would never hurt you or anyone for anything. Please forgive me.

I will try to be more careful with my choice of words and the way things are said. I really am proud of the three of you who DID get all of the challenges done and I think they are all terrific - and I mean that with all my heart.

And whether or not you think you are artistic, I love what you created. I hope you will accept my heartfelt apology.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby CeCeCreates » July 26th, 2011, 6:03 pm

Oh goodness. I just know that Gigi doesn't have a mean bone in her body, and Shirl, I don't think you do either. And I totally understand the money thing. Crafting is my therapy, but then every time I spend money on it I feel such stress cuz I don't believe we really can afford it. I am so hoping to make enough to at least support my crafting love. So far I have sold 2 tumblers, and given, um, a few away. DH isn't happy when I give them away, but I just can't help it. A lady in my water workout class is going to order a few more from me though. I am thankful for that.

And I am truly amazed at those that got all the challenges done. My hat goes off to them, that is if I wore a hat, LOL!

And Shirly, where do you work? Just curious. Please don't share if you don't want to though.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby shirltop » July 26th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Oh no Gigi! Please forgive me! I wasn't mad AT ALL! That is why I put that edit in because I in no way wanted you to think I was coming across mean! I was just trying to have a bit of fun and it just backfired! I am so sorry! You are the kindest, sweetest, nicest person and I am so sorry that I have caused you tears. Please, please, please forgive me! I am so socially backwards that I just had better not try to make any more funnies or jokes! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I am so sorry! I will go in my corner (or under my chair) and hide now! :hide: I give you permission to beat me with that wicked whip ( :whip: ) whenever you want to!
shirltop

Postby Suzan » July 26th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Shirl don't worry, it is so hard to read the emotion of the written text. We know you wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone. I think a lot of us are socially backwards, I know I am. So you are actually part of the norm here. :bighug:
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » July 26th, 2011, 10:48 pm

It's all ok. We have talked and all is fine!! And Suzan you are right - one of the problems with posting or emails is that you can't hear the emotion in the other person so it often is not read as it was meant.

No going to the corner allowed (or whipping!!)- all is fine and there is nothing to forgive. (and hey - I cry easily!!) :bighug:

I had just finished physical therapy, I hurt and had been crying and so I was raw for the first thing to tip me over - and unfortunately that was it.

Onward and upward. Love ya, Shirl.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby JeannetteC » July 26th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Hmmm, did Suzan just call us socially backwards?!?!?!? No way! Socially upsidedown maybe, but not backwards, no way, not a chance! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

Love all you guys!
JeannetteC

Postby Gigi » July 26th, 2011, 11:09 pm

LOL Jeannette. Well she said "a lot of us" - so she gave herself an out on that one - wise woman!!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » July 26th, 2011, 11:42 pm

You name it I am socially unacceptable most of the time. Inside out, upside down, to the left and right, did I miss anything. And Gigi soooooo sorry you hurt, therapy is a bummer.

Can I tell the hubby you think I am wise. LOL It happens once in a blue moon. LOL Gosh this group is great.
Suzan

Suzan

Next

Return to Christmas in July