A Christmas Crop Funny!!!!!!!

Re: A Christmas Crop Funny!!!!!!!

Postby JeannetteC » July 11th, 2011, 3:06 pm

That's good. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
JeannetteC

Postby corwins » July 11th, 2011, 3:54 pm

You guys are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt by the heart. Helen Keller

http://www.mycardspot.blogspot.com
corwins

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13"

Postby CeCeCreates » July 11th, 2011, 6:07 pm

You guys are cracking me up!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby CaseysAngel » July 11th, 2011, 7:29 pm

JeannetteC wrote:LOL, I'm not pregnant, it's early afternoon and I was forwarned! So, why after solving a cutting issue with the white, did I come back to folding the jackets just like Christy described?!?!?!? :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
At least I only did one before I clued in!
We both came up with the idea for the candle challenge, and now this... what's next?????? :hide: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

A baby?LOL :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
CaseysAngel

Postby Retta » July 11th, 2011, 7:32 pm

Okay - don't wish that on me!!! But this is too funny!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby CaseysAngel » July 11th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Retta wrote:Okay - don't wish that on me!!! But this is too funny!

:ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: You don't want a baby Retta? Where is your sense of humor you would have a great time with a baby I tell ya. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
CaseysAngel

Postby Retta » July 11th, 2011, 7:37 pm

Oh honey - I love babies! But my youngest of 4 is 17 and I now get to spoil them and send them home !!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby JeannetteC » July 11th, 2011, 11:43 pm

CaseysAngel wrote:
JeannetteC wrote:LOL, I'm not pregnant, it's early afternoon and I was forwarned! So, why after solving a cutting issue with the white, did I come back to folding the jackets just like Christy described?!?!?!? :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
We both came up with the idea for the candle challenge, and now this... what's next?????? :hide: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

I love babies! but none for us right now!!!!!! Hubby and I are out of that stage, and dd is only 16 so no grandbabies yet! Lots of great nieces and nephews in the last 8 months though! DH side - boy Dec 2010, boy April 2011, first girl June 2011; my side - twins Jan 2011 It wouldn't surprise me if at least one on dh side is pregnant again before the year is out. He has 4 nephew and 2 nieces and there's been 6 babies in the last 3 years courtesy of only 4 of them.
JeannetteC

Postby Suzan » July 11th, 2011, 11:45 pm

I know what it is Christy is rubbing off on us. That's ok, this is fun figuring out how I have blundered things, it is really making me think.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » July 12th, 2011, 12:11 am

JeannetteC wrote:
CaseysAngel wrote:

I love babies! but none for us right now!!!!!! Hubby and I are out of that stage, and dd is only 16 so no grandbabies yet! Lots of great nieces and nephews in the last 8 months though! DH side - boy Dec 2010, boy April 2011, first girl June 2011; my side - twins Jan 2011 It wouldn't surprise me if at least one on dh side is pregnant again before the year is out. He has 4 nephew and 2 nieces and there's been 6 babies in the last 3 years courtesy of only 4 of them.

awww well I'll share my baby but it sounds like you have lots.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby gardencat » July 12th, 2011, 9:28 am

Christmas crop funny? Not sure I'm quite ready to laugh about this yet but hopefully in a day or two.
It's Retta's challenge that is doing me in! Proving to be quite challenge for me, not the making the file part that was easy, well easy at least,compared to getting the silly thing cut.
First I made a butterfly border, which I've been wanting to do for a while and it worked fine and cut out fine, but then I decided butterflies weren't Christmasy enough for a Christmas crop, so I decided to do one with bows and candy canes.
Made the file, started to cut and it was looking good, then about 2/3 of the way through, the machine stopped cutting and started just scratching and shredding...thanks to previous posts here I suspected the culprit and sure enough when I stopped and took out the blade there was the little piece of cardstock up inside the holder. Time for bed...

So this morning I got up extra early, before work, to give it another go...now my blade(my one and only blackcat 60 degree blade) is just shredding everything...I guess it didn't like getting dragged back and forth across the mat with the card stock jammed in it. But hey, I'm determined to get this done and I do have a deep cut cricut blade left from before I got my cougar, so I install that blade, do some test cuts, and we are in business...start cutting the frame and it's flying through, we get past the spot we had trouble last time, and everything is golden then literally about 50 seconds before the end, as it is cutting the very outside line of the frame, the corner of the cardstock lifts up off the board and so the blade slices through it, in the wrong spot, completely cutting the corner off...for the first time since I got it I really wanted to walk away from the machine screaming.

So, if in the next day or two you see a Christmas card with butterflies. posted on Retta's challenge thread, please do not comment on butterflies being an odd choice for December. :cry:

Here is the sad de-cornered frame, you can see that not only did it cut the corner off but I guess the drag on the blade caused the whole thing to skew cutting the last two outside edges off at an angle:
most a frame.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gardencat

Postby corwins » July 12th, 2011, 10:53 am

Aww, sorry that happened. The file is very cute though. Keep trying. Do you use the blue painter's tape to help hold it in place at the corners? That might help.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt by the heart. Helen Keller

http://www.mycardspot.blogspot.com
corwins

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13"

Postby Suzan » July 12th, 2011, 11:06 am

Very cute, and I too know about cutting problems, ask how much chip board I went thru this weekend.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » July 12th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh That is a bummer!!! But I agree that is ADORABLE!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby LisaH » July 12th, 2011, 1:01 pm

You didn't throw it away, did you? Put a "mat" of black under it and turn it slightly in the opposite direction of the cut (away from it). This will make it look like you meant for it to be that way! then just put another cut out/bow/etc. on that corner to kinda camouflage....
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby shirltop » July 12th, 2011, 1:10 pm

Very cute frame Gardencat!
"The time has come for us to stand a little taller." Gordon B. Hinckley
shirltop

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Postby gardencat » July 12th, 2011, 2:25 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words. I didn\t throw it out I was trying to think of a way to salvage something from it, may try your idea, Lisa, or maybe just cutr one side off and use it as a boarder. I'd still like to get it cut out properly though.
Will need to get off my behind and order some more blades too.
gardencat

Postby JeannetteC » July 12th, 2011, 3:17 pm

CaseysAngel wrote:
JeannetteC wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if at least one on dh side is pregnant again before the year is out. He has 4 nephew and 2 nieces and there's been 6 babies in the last 3 years courtesy of only 4 of them.

awww well I'll share my baby but it sounds like you have lots.LOL

Thanks Christy! I would love to share yours too! Can never have too many.... and guess what?????? Dh just found out today from his sister that her daughter IS preganant and is due Dec 27! Now, to see if the last of his nieces and nephews joins the club before the year is out.
JeannetteC

Postby CaseysAngel » July 12th, 2011, 9:21 pm

REtta, I'm sorry you had trouble honey but the frame is beautiful.

Jeannette, That's fast. She is due quickly!!!!! Congratulations.
CaseysAngel

Postby Trisha » July 13th, 2011, 7:42 am

Gardencat,
I'm sorry you had such troubles. Your frame is really sooo cute! I like it a lot! It's very pretty. Keep trying, you'll get it cut. I see some salvageable parts, so all of it at least is not ruined. :)

You'll get better all the time at getting the results you are after, and troubleshooting. Even seeing problems before they actually happen so you can prevent issues like this one. I was just wondering if you used a brayer to stick your paper down well? I do that all the time now. I also sometimes use painter's tape on the corners to ensure that the paper will not move. Keep at it, you'll get it! You hang in there, ya hear?

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas in July