A Christmas Crop Funny!!!!!!!

A Christmas Crop Funny!!!!!!!

Postby CaseysAngel » July 11th, 2011, 9:20 am

Okay I wasn't going to tell on myself but what the heck.

The other night I cut out 8 sets of Sheri's Christmas tags. I started to put one together, keep in mine it's like really late, and I thought they didn't fit together right and I couldn't figure out why in the world Sheri put the score dots on the front and back of the santa jacket. I was in skype with her but wasn't about to ask her and risk hurting her feelings. So I just kept folding them and thought "well her's are adorable so I just have to wait until I'm done."

Then yesterday comes along and I"m not feeling well. So I grab the eight sets I had cut, my fake snow, and a paint brush and go lay on the couch to put snow on them. I do the ends of the jacket sleeves and the collar and I"m thinking these still just don't look right. Oh well I think I will just finish them all up doing the hat, jackets, and pants.

When I finish them all I look at Casey and say "isn't santa's jacket suppose to have white along the bottom to" He says yep and down the front on both sides. Oh man he's right. Okay something definately isn't right. So I hop online to look at Sheri's picture again and about have a heart attack.

Have you figured out what I done wrong yet? In my half exhausted state of mind I folded the jackets wrong!!!!! I simply cut them and folded them in half not paying a bit of attention to the fact I should have folded on the score lines Now, you would have thought that would have been my FIRST clue and if not the fact they didn't fit together right definately should have clued me but nope not in my current state of mind it didn't.

So I spent another half hour last night trying to figure out how to fix them because I was not cutting them all out agian. Then of course I had to tell Sheri my lovely adventure to which her and Rach both got a good laugh!!!!!!

All in all I still don't think they look bad and hey if I use them on all my neices and nephews presents they won't know the difference. At least my hats and pants are right!!!!! :ROFLMBO:

Just thought you all might want a laugh on me. Oh yes and here are my finished jacked up tags so you don't have to go look for Sheri's thread (which I haven't posted them to anyway). Notice the snow ALL the way down the center on all of them but two, the two i hadn't cut yet!!!!! :banghead:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CaseysAngel

Re: A Christmas Crop Funny!!!!!!!

Postby Mary Kobe » July 11th, 2011, 9:28 am

Too funny! Could be that it was late, or could be too many hotdogs!
Mary Kobe

Postby Gigi » July 11th, 2011, 9:31 am

Too funny, Christy - and hey - we have all done things like that. Thanks for sharing so when we have those moments we don't feel quite so alone!!

They look terrific regardless!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Retta » July 11th, 2011, 9:33 am

Okay - my post didn't come through. Now I'm not gonna tell (I can't remember!)
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby CaseysAngel » July 11th, 2011, 9:39 am

OMG I just posted to this and it didn't go through!!!!!!!!!

Mary it could have been and Gigi (did I spell it right lol) never feel alone. Trust me when I tell you I have probably done the same thing before, rather I've admitted it or not.LOL!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby CaseysAngel » July 11th, 2011, 9:39 am

Retta wrote:Okay - my post didn't come through. Now I'm not gonna tell (I can't remember!)

Oh, that's what happen. We both posted at the same time so it cancelled us out.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby JeannetteC » July 11th, 2011, 9:42 am

LOL Christy! Well they look fine. You did us all a service here. Now we will all know to pay attention to those score lines!
JeannetteC

Postby Retta » July 11th, 2011, 9:45 am

I bet that is it. I have lost several posts in the last couple of days with lots of people on.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby JeannetteC » July 11th, 2011, 9:54 am

Early on I would click on the board index after posting, then couldn't figure out why my post disappeared occasionally. Now I wait until I see it post. If someone else posted at the same time, it shows me theirs and mine is still in an edit box and has to be submitted again.
JeannetteC

Postby CeCeCreates » July 11th, 2011, 10:02 am

Love it! Thanks for sharing! :ROFLMBO:
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby corwins » July 11th, 2011, 10:08 am

Christy, we were laughing with you, not at you. They still look good.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt by the heart. Helen Keller

http://www.mycardspot.blogspot.com
corwins

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13"

Postby anncoralsprings » July 11th, 2011, 10:38 am

Definitely laughing with you Christy! You're day sounds about like mine yesterday! I couldn't get clean cuts with my text yesterday so was cleaning the letters up with an Exacto knife when I knicked my finger and started bleeding on the craft table, then I glued the birdhouse roof on cock-eyed, along with several other minor mishaps. All I could think of was 2 challenges done and 30 more to go?!??! LOL!! Thanks for sharing your story! :-)
anncoralsprings

Postby PennyDuncan » July 11th, 2011, 10:42 am

ROFL...that is hilarious!!!!! ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Trisha » July 11th, 2011, 11:19 am

So funny, Christy!! Thanks for sharing, now I don't feel so bad about some of the stuff I have done! Laughing right along with you!

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby rachellann » July 11th, 2011, 11:41 am

Awe we love you and would never laugh at you just with you but it was so funny while ytou were telling us about your santa coat adventure.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby JeannetteC » July 11th, 2011, 12:47 pm

LOL, I'm not pregnant, it's early afternoon and I was forwarned! So, why after solving a cutting issue with the white, did I come back to folding the jackets just like Christy described?!?!?!? :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
At least I only did one before I clued in!
We both came up with the idea for the candle challenge, and now this... what's next?????? :hide: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
JeannetteC

Postby LisaH » July 11th, 2011, 1:35 pm

:ROFLMBO: been there... :shock:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » July 11th, 2011, 1:36 pm

Ok I ended up cutting the score lines, so my jackets are 3 pieces. I guess I am truly challenged. WATCH OUT :banghead: :ROFLMBO:
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby JeannetteC » July 11th, 2011, 1:42 pm

Suzan wrote:Ok I ended up cutting the score lines, so my jackets are 3 pieces. I guess I am truly challenged. WATCH OUT :banghead: :ROFLMBO:

Oh boy Suzan!
After the first few, I decided to eliminate the score lines so they would cut faster. That's probably why I screwed up on the one. I got them all folded without any more mishaps, lol. Still have to cut the black and gold, but at least no more folding.
JeannetteC

Postby Suzan » July 11th, 2011, 2:21 pm

Actually they still work ok i three pieces. I just left the fronts of the jacket open. A lot more gluing, but I love the way they are turning out. I too still have black and gold tocut out.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Next

Return to Christmas in July