Challenge 21 - Shaker Card by JeannetteC

Re: Challenge 21 - Shaker Card by JeannetteC

Postby Gigi » July 21st, 2011, 10:32 pm

You are going to have to pull awfully hard!!! THere are way too many left for me to finish, but I promise to do a few more!! :)

Lisa is awfully quiet - I think she is working on them!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby JeannetteC » July 21st, 2011, 10:36 pm

Yikes, I don't have a hope of finishing them all! Great job Sheri!
JeannetteC

Postby Gigi » July 21st, 2011, 10:45 pm

Me either Jeannette. I am in awe of Sheri and anyone else who can do that -

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » July 22nd, 2011, 12:09 am

I would need a lot more time to finish all of the challenges, even if I hadn't been out of town for 4 days, I wouldn't have had the time to work on many of the challenges. But it is always fun to see what every one comes up with, and to get ideas for future projects.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » July 22nd, 2011, 2:55 am

Angel135612 wrote:All the cards look great!!! I haven't even been able to get ONE challenge done... but I'm definitely keeping these in mind when I need some ideas for future projects.

Me neither, I am so pleased I am not alone!
Thyme

Postby CeCeCreates » July 22nd, 2011, 7:22 am

LisaH wrote:Cute Sheri...now you are finished, aren't you....?

Wow! That is impressive! No way will I even come close to doing them all.
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby CeCeCreates » July 22nd, 2011, 7:23 am

Thyme wrote:
Angel135612 wrote:All the cards look great!!! I haven't even been able to get ONE challenge done... but I'm definitely keeping these in mind when I need some ideas for future projects.

Me neither, I am so pleased I am not alone![/quote

Okay Dawn, I KNOW you are a busy woman, etc., etc., etc. Buuuuuuuut, we really want to see you do at least ONE challenge. Come on now, you can do it!!!! :whip: :whip:
CeCeCreates

Postby Thyme » July 22nd, 2011, 9:46 am

Shall I stop working on stuff like tables and mats while I do the challenges????
Thyme

Postby CeCeCreates » July 22nd, 2011, 11:26 am

Thyme wrote:Shall I stop working on stuff like tables and mats while I do the challenges????

Yes, you are given a 2 hour reprieve. Please tell me that in 2 hours you can get ONE challenge done! Sure hope no one else gets upset with me, LOL! But we really would love to see you post something in one of the challenges. :hide:
CeCeCreates

Postby Thyme » July 22nd, 2011, 12:27 pm

two hours, me make something in two hours??? No chance at all, once I decide to start something I become a perfectionist and two days would be more like it
Thyme

Postby Retta » July 22nd, 2011, 8:16 pm

Okay - just remember - I'm your GOOD sister!!! I think you should do whatever you want! And I will say - that if you did my challenge, since you know way more than I do about Inkscape, you would be done in like 20 min. Cut and no problem!

But I think your partners in your group - The should be doing part of it.

;)
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby PennyDuncan » July 22nd, 2011, 8:26 pm

Thyme wrote:two hours, me make something in two hours??? No chance at all, once I decide to start something I become a perfectionist and two days would be more like it

Yep Dawn...that's EXACTLY what I do!!! LOL Like the third Wall Hanging I'm working on......I've been working on it for 2 days so far!!! LOL
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Thyme » July 23rd, 2011, 3:28 am

Retta wrote:Okay - just remember - I'm your GOOD sister!!! I think you should do whatever you want! And I will say - that if you did my challenge, since you know way more than I do about Inkscape, you would be done in like 20 min. Cut and no problem!

;)

Lol! yes you are my GOOD sister!
Thyme

Postby Thyme » July 23rd, 2011, 3:29 am

PennyDuncan wrote:
Thyme wrote:two hours, me make something in two hours??? No chance at all, once I decide to start something I become a perfectionist and two days would be more like it

Yep Dawn...that's EXACTLY what I do!!! LOL Like the third Wall Hanging I'm working on......I've been working on it for 2 days so far!!! LOL

And I have just seen the result, it is so beautiful!
Thyme

Postby Angel135612 » July 23rd, 2011, 7:49 am

LOL It took me 2 days to make 8 of Pennys roses.... too bad there isn't a challenge for that... and I would have gotten one done. But I'm the same way as well, I have a terrible time coming up with ideas, then when I do get one, it takes me forever to decide on the paper I want to use, and then I have to figure out what colors I want to go with it, and search for a shade that will look good. Then it takes me a couple of tries to get my cuts to come out perfectly....then I always manage to tape or glue something in the wrong place and have to start over.. but then, of course, I don't have any more of the paper I started with, and have to start all over from the beginning and think of something else to do, because I can't find the right paper any longer. This crafting stuff is HARD WORK.... and I'm trying to do it for relaxation??? No wonder I don't feel relaxed when I complete something. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » July 23rd, 2011, 10:41 am

LOL - I am SO with you Diane - I love it but it can be really stressful - I am NOT a fast worker. It takes me a day to make a card most times - have to come up with the idea, am I stamping or cutting or both, what colors, what paper, and on and on and on......... but once it's all figured out it's great! LOL

I still can't imagine not having this outlet as the satisfaction when project is done is GREAT!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Mary Kobe » July 23rd, 2011, 1:11 pm

Angel135612 said:

LOL It took me 2 days to make 8 of Pennys roses.... too bad there isn't a challenge for that... and I would have gotten one done. But I'm the same way as well, I have a terrible time coming up with ideas, then when I do get one, it takes me forever to decide on the paper I want to use, and then I have to figure out what colors I want to go with it, and search for a shade that will look good. Then it takes me a couple of tries to get my cuts to come out perfectly....then I always manage to tape or glue something in the wrong place and have to start over.. but then, of course, I don't have any more of the paper I started with, and have to start all over from the beginning and think of something else to do, because I can't find the right paper any longer. This crafting stuff is HARD WORK.... and I'm trying to do it for relaxation??? No wonder I don't feel relaxed when I complete something. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

THAT is SO ME!!!! I have only done 5 projects and I don't think I will get any more done! I have been up since 6:00 a.m. thinking I would do more challenges, but then I get distracted. (Like watching Youtube videos on new ideas, doing a litte straigtening so I can move on to my next project, or searching for one of those things that I know I have but cannot find it!) Right now I need 2 large googly eyes and I knew I had some and checked the place that I keep them and they were not there, then remembered I gave them to my daughter for crafting projects for my grandson, thinking I would NEVER use the BIG ones! So, NOW, I have to run to Joann's where I will find other things that I "need" and my day will be shot!

BUT, I am coming up with new ideas for future challenges! And, I have been playing with the UTEE melting pot! See, distractions get me every time!
Mary Kobe

Postby shirltop » July 23rd, 2011, 4:52 pm

0723011547.jpg
I have always wanted to make a shaker card. Thank you Jeannette for posting this challenge! They aren't nearly as hard as I had thought they would be! I do apologize as after I finished the card, I read that the frame paper was supposed to be a print. :banghead: I should have read the instructions better! Sorry!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The time has come for us to stand a little taller." Gordon B. Hinckley
shirltop

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Postby CeCeCreates » July 23rd, 2011, 5:00 pm

Thyme wrote:
Retta wrote:Okay - just remember - I'm your GOOD sister!!! I think you should do whatever you want! And I will say - that if you did my challenge, since you know way more than I do about Inkscape, you would be done in like 20 min. Cut and no problem!

;)

Lol! yes you are my GOOD sister!

Hmm, I'm beginning to think I must be the ugly stepsister! :hide:
CeCeCreates

Postby Gigi » July 23rd, 2011, 5:39 pm

That is beautiful Shirl - just beautiful!

Gigi
Gigi

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas in July