Challenge 9- Dana's Cookie Box

Re: Challenge 9- Dana's Cookie Box

Postby Maxine » July 18th, 2011, 6:03 am

CAGigi wrote:OMG - those photobows are amazing. I am with Lisa (surprise!!) Want to know how to make them!!! Will have to go on the hunt for that file - what a wonderful idea.

I don't think a day goes by that I don't learn something new and I just love that about this group - you are all so willing to share.

Beautiful Maxine!

I know Gigi I feel the same way I have learned so much this past year and a half that its just crazy. so many talented creative ppl
Maxine

Postby gardencat » July 18th, 2011, 9:42 am

Put me on the list of those who would like to know how to do those photo bows. It's the first time I've had a chance to really look at the great boxes on this thread.

My BIL makes shortbread cookies to hand out to lots of friends, every Christmas, and I'm sure he'd be thrilled if I made a bunch of boxes like this for him. Now he is using tins he finds here and there but, as Christy said, some of the tins are big and take too many cookies to fill since he gives them out to so many people.
gardencat

Postby JeannetteC » July 18th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Here's a link to the topic of the bows and doing the photos with them. Instructions for the photos is towards the bottom of the first page.
http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussio ... uestion/p1
Last edited by JeannetteC on July 18th, 2011, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeannetteC

Postby Retta » July 18th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Jeannette - Are you having a good day? I hope so. You inspire me with your work!!!

by the way - I don't see a link? Thanks
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby MichelleMyBelle » July 18th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Here is my box. I made a little one. I find I'm always looking for just the right packing to put things in during the holidays. I added some Stickles to the ornament. I also broke apart the file in MTC and used the shadow feature and made a frame for the window and handle parts.

Christmas_Crop_CookieBox.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MichelleMyBelle

Cutter: Pro 18, Foil Master, Platinum 24"

Postby JeannetteC » July 18th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Retta wrote:Jeannette - Are you having a good day? I hope so. You inspire me with your work!!!

by the way - I don't see a link? Thanks

Thanks Retta! Here's the link http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussio ... uestion/p1 I also added it to my original post.

Today's been such a nice lazy day, lol! We had a major cousin reunion at our house yesterday, so it was a busy couple weeks gearing up for it. Today, I've been catching up on the forum and took a nice long swim in the pool. This evening I plan to spend an intimate evening with my Cougar working on the crop challenges.
I love the various things you create. It amazes me what you have managed to accomplish even with the challenge of your eyes. I hope it improves a lot for you!
JeannetteC

Postby JeannetteC » July 18th, 2011, 3:17 pm

Michelle, nice box. Love the trim around the openings.
JeannetteC

Postby corwins » July 18th, 2011, 3:30 pm

I like the trim around the box too. Sweet box.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt by the heart. Helen Keller

http://www.mycardspot.blogspot.com
corwins

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 13"

Postby Retta » July 18th, 2011, 4:13 pm

jeannette - thank you so much. I hope you had a wonderful time with your reunion! A pool sounds perfect right now. The heat index here is 100 and climbing all week. I'm so glad you had a good day today!!!! I hope it continues all week.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby PennyDuncan » July 18th, 2011, 4:30 pm

Phyllis wrote:Here is my take on this one. I had a little trouble since I mostly use SCAL and I think this was geared more for MTC but I made it work. The score lines were cut lines in SCAL. I have MTC but for some reason I can't get my cuts to cut where they are on the mat, just need to practice more I guess. I messed up some of my best paper trying. Anyway, I love this box and will definitely do more of these.

Oh this is BEAUTIFUL PHYLLIS!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Quicklabs » July 18th, 2011, 5:26 pm

When I think "Cookie box", I think of dog cookies! Here's my cookie boxes--one for "Momma" and one for the doggie!
Excuse the poor "assembly" job. I want to store them all flat, so I just taped them a little bit. The other four are still flat.

ies
ETA: Thought I might as well show the others; didn't stick ribbons or anything on them. I'll put the same ribbon or twisty twine that I used above.
Three doggy boxes (I need about 15 more for all my girls' special friends). Thank goodness Dana made such a wonderful file--these go together quickly!

Three people boxes (Maybe for judges or trial secretaries? Can't hurt! Might help-- LOL)
Last edited by Quicklabs on July 19th, 2011, 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wag more; bark less
Quicklabs

Postby kathybessey » July 18th, 2011, 5:27 pm

I made the smaller version of these boxes (like Christy) as I will pack them full of homemade fudge, golf balls (a super delicious treat I make only at Christmas time) and other homemade small goodies.

I will jazz them up with ribbons and such when it is time to put them together.
small cookie boxes kb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kathybessey

Postby kathybessey » July 18th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Oh I love the doggie cookie box!!!! Too cute and what a fabulous idea!
kathybessey

Postby PennyDuncan » July 18th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Quicklabs wrote:When I think "Cookie box", I think of dog cookies! Here's my cookie boxes--one for "Momma" and one for the doggie!
Excuse the poor "assembly" job. I want to store them all flat. The other four are still flat.

Great boxes and I love the idea for the doggy treat boxes!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby LisaH » July 18th, 2011, 5:29 pm

Great boxes everyone!!
LisaH

Postby Quicklabs » July 18th, 2011, 5:32 pm

kathybessey wrote:I made the smaller version of these boxes (like Christy) as I will pack them full of homemade fudge, golf balls (a super delicious treat I make only at Christmas time) and other homemade small goodies.

I will jazz them up with ribbons and such when it is time to put them together.

Love the paper on these! And I'm really intrigued about those golf ball cookies~
Wag more; bark less
Quicklabs

Postby Quicklabs » July 18th, 2011, 5:34 pm

MichelleMyBelle wrote:Here is my box. I made a little one. I find I'm always looking for just the right packing to put things in during the holidays. I added some Stickles to the ornament. I also broke apart the file in MTC and used the shadow feature and made a frame for the window and handle parts.

Oh, this looks like a jewel box, Michelle. Love it..
Wag more; bark less
Quicklabs

Postby Trisha » July 18th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Everybody's Cookie Boxes are great!! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Here's my version. I made them smaller, a la Christy, as I like to make candies to give and this is the best size for that.

I used clear cellophane gift wrap to cover the windows (the kind we use for gift baskets, but not the shrink kind). I noticed only last week that a bakery box used that sort of plastic, and I happened to have a roll of it. Please excuse the blurry photo, I think my batteries are giving out.

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby LisaH » July 18th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Looks great!
LisaH

Postby Quicklabs » July 18th, 2011, 5:51 pm

I'm loving all these boxes! There's such a range from elegant to festive and fun
I'd hate to miss anyone, and all I can say is that I'd love to get any of these boxes...
Wag more; bark less
Quicklabs

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas in July