Got a Question? Ask it HERE please!!!!!!!!

Re: Got a Question? Ask it HERE please!!!!!!!!

Postby Thyme » July 10th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Or just make each item a different colour, click on the colour of the item you want in Signcut and cut just the one.
Thyme

Postby JeannetteC » July 10th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Thanks Penny and Dawn! Both ways make sense.
JeannetteC

Postby Suzan » July 10th, 2011, 6:50 pm

You can move your mat in Signcut to start where you want it to cut on the right
Capture.JPG

If you click on it, and have one color selected it will go from one size to bigger, if it is bigger, you then can move to the area of the mat you want to start with. I may have this not quite right or explained well. Sorry. I think it in my head and it makes a lot more sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby StephP » July 10th, 2011, 10:26 pm

I think things are going great Christy! And really, I can't imagine all the hours you've put in already :) Would you like me to do a bonus card challenge? I would put it up and add another prize to the list (I'm only putting in one right now) Just let me know!
StephP

Postby whizzy » July 11th, 2011, 12:02 am

Firstly, love all the challenges that have been presented :)
I've started on my first project, but it'll be a few days before I can post it as I'll be away from home again over the next couple of days babysitting.
My question regards MTC files — is there a workaround (or something) for these? I'm learning Inkscape & Signcut & don't have MTC software.
TIA & cheers!
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby CaseysAngel » July 11th, 2011, 12:04 am

of course there is. Everyone should have uploaded in SVG format as well . If they didn't on one just let me know and I"ll convert it for you honey.
CaseysAngel

Postby JeannetteC » July 11th, 2011, 12:06 am

Hi Whizzy. You can download the MTC program for free (trial version). It has everything the original one does, but you can't cut properly from it without the registration code.
OR
Just ask, and one of us can do a conversion for you. I didn't think about it and at first I only posted MTC files, but I've since added SVG file types as well.
JeannetteC

Postby whizzy » July 11th, 2011, 5:05 am

Thanks ladies, it's nice to know that if I run into trouble you'll all save me :)
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby pigtailpat » July 11th, 2011, 7:26 am

Christy - I have a question - there are so many challenges posted, I may not get to all of them within the 2 weeks. Will the files be left up so that we can get to them later? Or, if they will be taken down to save on server space, we should know that, so that we can grab the files and instructions to do for later when time permits.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby CeCeCreates » July 11th, 2011, 7:42 am

pigtailpat wrote:Christy - I have a question - there are so many challenges posted, I may not get to all of them within the 2 weeks. Will the files be left up so that we can get to them later? Or, if they will be taken down to save on server space, we should know that, so that we can grab the files and instructions to do for later when time permits.

Pat

Yep, the challenges will always be available to work on!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby CaseysAngel » July 11th, 2011, 9:11 am

yep what cece said.LOL

Thanks Cece
CaseysAngel

Postby CeCeCreates » July 11th, 2011, 9:13 am

CaseysAngel wrote:yep what cece said.LOL

Thanks Cece

I didn't think you would mind me answering for you. :D Oh, and I am a bit anal about my name. I just can't help it. it is CeCe, not Cece :whip: :whip: :whip: :ROFLMBO:

Everytime I see it typed wrong, it just makes me feel like :banghead: I know, I'm a bit nutty. Please forgive me. :hide:
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Retta » July 11th, 2011, 9:23 am

Jeannette - I think my challenge instructions would answer your questions. I leanred to use inkscape without layers. When it is sent to signcut - you can chose the color you want to cut and cut it on the color you put on your mat. The only thing - if i can explain this is - If you are cutting something that has to be cut exactly in the same place on the mat - you must use the selection that places the cut right where it is when sent to inkscape. If you want to cut something that doesn't matter where it is cut - just that - you can cut it just on the spot you set the origion at on your paper on your mat. That is what I love about inkscape and signcut - you can do both these things with a button selection.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » July 11th, 2011, 9:28 am

CeCeCreates wrote:
CaseysAngel wrote:yep what cece said.LOL

Thanks Cece

I didn't think you would mind me answering for you. :D Oh, and I am a bit anal about my name. I just can't help it. it is CeCe, not Cece :whip: :whip: :whip: :ROFLMBO:

Everytime I see it typed wrong, it just makes me feel like :banghead: I know, I'm a bit nutty. Please forgive me. :hide:

I am the same way CeCe - but I have the opposite problem. Sometimes people type GiGi and it's Gigi! LOL

Between the two of us we will confuse everyone! :ROFLMBO:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Retta » July 11th, 2011, 9:30 am

Confuse? CONFUSE? Okay I know I have done both of those things and miss spelled names and so much more. Just :whip: me now. Sorry!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby CaseysAngel » July 11th, 2011, 9:37 am

oh me to!!!!!!!! I probably do it all the time. I sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't mean to. I will do my best to be more careful ladies. :D
CaseysAngel

Postby Gigi » July 11th, 2011, 9:41 am

Hey guys - no need to apologize - I think it' s funny that we both have "those kind of names" -

No worries here -
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby JeannetteC » July 11th, 2011, 9:50 am

Thanks Retta! I'll make sure I do yours so I can start to figure that out.

CeCe and Gigi, I can relate, but I'm so used to it I don't worry about it (much, lol). I'm a 2n Jeannette, but often the second n gets missed. Then my last name ends in EN, but on a regular basis it gets spelt AN. It doesn't help the matter that the street that meets ours two houses down the street, which is the street my kids grade school is on, is the same name spelt AN.
JeannetteC

Postby PennyDuncan » July 11th, 2011, 12:43 pm

Retta wrote:Jeannette - I think my challenge instructions would answer your questions. I leanred to use inkscape without layers. When it is sent to signcut - you can chose the color you want to cut and cut it on the color you put on your mat. The only thing - if i can explain this is - If you are cutting something that has to be cut exactly in the same place on the mat - you must use the selection that places the cut right where it is when sent to inkscape. If you want to cut something that doesn't matter where it is cut - just that - you can cut it just on the spot you set the origion at on your paper on your mat. That is what I love about inkscape and signcut - you can do both these things with a button selection.

Retta...that is AWESOME to know!!!! I'm going to play around with that myself!!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » July 11th, 2011, 1:38 pm

It really is an easy challenge, just follow the directions. I have done it, just haven't finished it. I use Adobe Illustrator so this was a great learning experience with inkscape with things I had never done even in AI.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas in July