CHAT THREAD: Christmas Crop!!!!

Re: CHAT THREAD: Christmas Crop!!!!

Postby Thyme » July 21st, 2011, 1:36 pm

You did the right thing Susan,
Our little friends give us so much love and pleasure that we owe it to them to make their passing as easy as possible.
Hugs
Thyme

Postby YorkieMom » July 21st, 2011, 2:24 pm

Thank you Dawn. I felt that was the greatest gift I could give her. I read a wonderful quote somewhere that I think really says it all. It sure helped me with the guilty feelings.
"I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain. Not because I did not love you. But because I loved you too much to force you to stay"
Hugs
Susan
~The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears~
YorkieMom

Postby Thyme » July 21st, 2011, 3:56 pm

That is the perfect quote! And I felt the same about my boy Sage
hugs
Thyme

Postby Gigi » July 21st, 2011, 10:30 pm

Oh that quote is so beautiful..... thanks for sharing it.

I had a dear friend who shared some thoughts with me when I was trying to make the decision to let my girl go and put her down. He said something like . "Dogs are all about fun. Food is fun. Walking is fun. Sleeping is fun. Playing is fun. When they can't have fun anymore, it's time." I will never forget that (he said it much better than I remember it). But such simple advice made it all so clear for me. It didn't make it any easier, but I knew it was time .

I am grateful that we can show that kind of compassion to the furry members of our family. Hugs, Susan.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby YorkieMom » July 22nd, 2011, 12:47 am

You said it beautifully!! And I couldn't agree more! My baby girl was so full of life. I had such a hard time making the decision because everything happened so fast. But when they said if she even survived, (and they didn't think she would) she could never live outside a hospital setting, I knew I had to let her go to a better place. As you said, it definitely doesn't make it any easier but there is a sense of peace that you did what was best for them...that you gave back the unconditional love that had been given so freely by them. Thank you for sharing too. Everything encouraging that I made the right decision helps so much right now. I know I did...but it still helps.
Hugs
Susan
YorkieMom

Postby Gigi » July 22nd, 2011, 12:55 am

Oh Susan - I ache for you - I think we all do. But there is a sense of peace even though it hurts like he** and will for awhile....but how lucky are we that we could be the recipients of their unconditional love and return it as best as we can.

They never really leave us - we carry them in our hearts forever and I know having other furbabies to love made it a little easier too. One can never take the place of another, but it helped me to open my heart to love again. I hope that when you are ready, and that time is different for everyone, that you can find another one to love. In the meantime, I hope the memories fill that aching spot and bring you more and more joy with each day.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby YorkieMom » July 22nd, 2011, 1:03 am

Thanks so much. You are so right. As much as it hurts, I wouldn't trade the time I had with her to erase the heartache. She and all my other babies at Rainbow Bridge will live in my heart forever...each in their own special place. When I lost my first Yorkie I said I would never get another one because the pain was just too much and I felt so guilty even thinking about loving another one. My mom told me there was no greater tribute I could pay Zack than to want another like him. That made so much sense to me...and that's how Miss Molly came into my life. The pain from losing them is very bad...but the joy they bring is immeasurable!
YorkieMom

Postby Gigi » July 22nd, 2011, 1:21 am

Beautifully said, Susan. :bighug:

Gigi
Gigi

Previous

Return to Christmas in July