CHAT THREAD: Christmas Crop!!!!

Re: CHAT THREAD: Christmas Crop!!!!

Postby Quicklabs » July 12th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Waaaaah! I'm going to need more time to do all this fun stuff.
I will have no free time at all this weekend (running agility with my furkid in Indiana), so I decided that I would take Monday and Tuesday off work to have fun with all these GREAT challenges!. Since I've been putting in 60 hour long weeks and the project I've been working on is finished on Friday at 1300 hrs, they're absolutely cannot say no to my request. ( Heaven help them if they even try. Only my dogs are allowed to get in the way of my papercrafting!)
Wag more; bark less
Quicklabs

Postby Retta » July 12th, 2011, 7:08 pm

Quicklabs - I have a friend that shows her flat coats - Marilyn Wilkinson - do you know her? And good luck in Indiana. That is where I love.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Quicklabs » July 12th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Retta: I love Flat Coats! They're so gorgeous. But, no, I don't show in the conformation ring--just agility. I could never stand it if someone couldn't obviously see that my girls are the most beautiful Labradors ever. LOL. I have a lot of respect for those conformation folks, but it's not for me. The handlers have to dress nicely for conformation. We dress for the weather, (some run barefoot) help each other to do well, sing and dance and laugh while we walk our courses (except in AKC, in which I am not currently competing with my silly Grace) and enjoy the social aspects of the sport. You'd never hear a conformation judge say, Make sure that your dog is having fun. Do whatever it takes to make your dog happy in the ring. Remember, your dog didn't sign the entry, you did." Most of us compete against the course, not each other (though there are exceptions, and I stay far, far away from those people). We are sympathetic when someone does not get a qualifying score and we celebrate everyone's qualifiers as if they are our own. We eat horrible, cold McD's hamburgers for lunch and feed our dogs freeze dried lobster to reward them. Yep. I'm 100% addicted.
Wag more; bark less
Quicklabs

Postby Retta » July 13th, 2011, 9:35 pm

Oh I understand. I thought the people I mentioned did agility too. But it has to be addicting. I would want the kind you do! I would have to have fun!
Retta

Postby Elizabeth » July 19th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Hello Everyone! I am trying to catch up on all that I have missed, which seems nearly impossible at the moment.

The projects that have been posted are all amazing and fabulous. I wish I could respond individually to each post, but time does not allow! I am so inspired by all of your hard work and creativity. Thanks to everyone who is participating in this Crop!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby CeCeCreates » July 19th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Me too Elizabeth. I have been out of town. I have tried to keep up with at least looking at everyone's projects with my phone, but haven't even been able to do that. I can't wait to get busy doing some of the challenges. And I have been so inspired by what I have seen. Fun, fun, fun!
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby YorkieMom » July 20th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Hi everyone!
First of all I want to say how fantastic all the challenges are and I love all the wonderful projects you talented people have created. I am so inspired by each and every one of you. Several weeks ago I made a commitment to be more active on this forum and that led me to join this crop....my first one ever! Obviously I haven't been more active and so far have not participated in the crop. That will change shortly as I do have a couple of pics to upload for what I have been able to accomplish. Anyway, because my intentions were very sincere and I fully intended to follow thru, I feel an explanation is in order. Not making excuses...it's just that I love being a part of this very warm and loving community and it makes me feel better to explain. So here goes. A little over 2 weeks ago I lost my precious little yorkie Molly. She was my absolute joy and adjusting to life without her has been very difficult. As I've shared with you before, I am the sole caregiver for my 85 year old mom. She has dementia so it's pretty much a 24-hour a day commitment leaving virtually no time for a social life. Not complaining here...I do it because I want to...it's my choice to do so. Because of this tho my furbabies are a major part of my life. Molly was a very special little girl. Her cute little antics and sweet yorkie kisses could always bring a smile when I had a particularly tough day with mama. I know there are a lot of animal lovers here so I'm sure you understand when I say I just haven't been up to doing much. Everyone here is so caring and understanding and I just wanted to share this with you. I will ask for your prayers that my heart will begin to heal. Please accept my apology too for such a "downer" post on what should be a happy thread. I just really really wanted to explain. Thanks so much to everyone. This is the best forum ever!!!
Hugs
Susan
~The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears~
YorkieMom

Postby PennyDuncan » July 20th, 2011, 9:26 pm

Oh Susan I'm so sorry to hear about your baby passing!!! I know it must be hard.....our pets become part of our family!!!!! Sending you a big (((((HUG)))))
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby shirltop » July 20th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Susan, I am so sorry that you lost your sweet little yorkie. I know the need to explain, but really, no explanation is needed on this forum because everyone is so accepting of whatever! They just all go with the flow. If you need encouragement, they dish it out. If you need comfort, they envelope you with it. If you need a good laugh, there are always PLENTY on this forum! I just saw your other thread with the cute bag. You do beautiful work. Keep it up and welcome again to the forum!
"The time has come for us to stand a little taller." Gordon B. Hinckley
shirltop

Cutter: Black Cat Lynx

Postby Retta » July 20th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Susan - I'm so sorry! My dear Bridgette baby is a Great Dane - 12 years old. I can't say enough about how we understand. My prayers are with you and your mama as you go through this and am praying for peace for you and your precious heart!!!

You do beautiful work and will be looking foward to getting to know you better here and seeing what you create. Blessings!

Shirl - what a wonderful way to express what this forum does!
Retta

Postby Suzan » July 20th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Please don't think I don't have regard for human life. But to lose our furbaby is one of the most tragic things there is. They love us so unconditionally, rely on us, and make us want to pull our hair out. So I know how you feel, we just had to have our Sammie put down a couple of months ago and it was one of the worst things ever. Know your baby is in heaven and one day you will see her. I always told our daughter Gramma Judy was in heaven taking care of all our babies. Super hugs during this rough time.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby JeannetteC » July 20th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Susan, sorry on the loss of Molly. :bighug:
JeannetteC

Postby Phyllis » July 21st, 2011, 12:23 am

Susan, I echo what Suzan said. We have gone through this and know exactly how hard it is. I can't even type the words I want to say because tears are rolling down my cheeks and I can hardly see to type. My prayers are with you darling. Hang in there and come here anytime if you need a shoulder.
Phyllis

Postby Gigi » July 21st, 2011, 3:10 am

Oh Susan - my heart aches for you. I lost my cocker of 12 years 2 years ago and I think it was one of the hardest things I have ever experienced. I am so sorry you had to go through this, especially now. Molly was lucky to have you.

And you don't owe anyone here an apology. Sending you gentle healing hugs.. :bighug:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » July 21st, 2011, 3:15 am

Oh Susan, So sorry!
We lost our old boy Sage a month ago and I know how much it hurts.
Sending you a great big hug
Thyme

Postby LisaH » July 21st, 2011, 6:57 am

Susan, so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayers for healing.

I,too, lost my Doxie of 13 years a little over a year ago. Not only did have to have her put down, but it was on my birthday which is also Valentine's Day. She was my shadow....
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Angel135612 » July 21st, 2011, 9:20 am

Susan, I'm sorry for the loss of your little Yorkie. I think any of us who have pets know exactly what it is like. I had a border collie that I got when she was a pup, and when she passed, I was crying so hard at work, all the guys wondered what was wrong with me. I just couldn't stop crying. And it never gets easier with any other pets we may get.

No need to apologize for not being around. Just take care of yourself and your mother.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » July 21st, 2011, 10:09 am

Susan, I'm so sorry for you loss. I have had the same experience, and can appreciate your heartache. Hugs to you and your mom.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby CaseysAngel » July 21st, 2011, 10:12 am

oh Susan honey I am so very sorry!!!!!!!!! I pray you get the healing you need my friend!!!!! If you need anything please know we are all here for ya!!!

Love ya,
Christy
CaseysAngel

Postby YorkieMom » July 21st, 2011, 11:04 am

Thank you all so very much for your kind words, hugs and prayers. They mean so much more than I could ever tell you. All of you are so wonderful,caring and understanding! I wish I could give you all a huge hug!!
Suzan...I couldn't agree with you more. The loss of a beloved pet is completely devastating and in no way depicts a disregard of human life. Love is love whether it's felt for a person or an animal. And when you have to make that heart-wrenching decision to help your precious little one cross the bridge the pain is almost unbearable and the guilt is overwhelming. I had to make that decision for Molly. She was having grand mal seizures every 15 minutes and nothing they did was stopping them. When the vets said there was no hope I had to do what was best for my baby but certainly not for me. I still can't get thru a day without many tears but in my heart I know I did what was best for her. To all of you who have had to go thru the loss of a beloved pet my heart goes out to you and I will keep you in my prayers. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your love, your caring, your prayers and most of all your understanding. I love you all!!!
Hugs
Susan
~The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears~
YorkieMom

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas in July