AND THE WINNERS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: AND THE WINNERS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby CaseysAngel » August 10th, 2011, 11:26 pm

no worries ladies just seeing where we are. YOu guys know I"m anal about these things.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Quicklabs » August 12th, 2011, 7:34 pm

That tumbler is absolutely to die for, Connie! You're a lucky lady.
Yesterday, I got the goodies that I picked out from Tyler's All that Jazz store. I decided I wanted to try some amazing papers. So I got some leather paper, some red velvet paper and some white and beige fuzzy paper. They're too nice to use (but that won't stop me). In order to get every bit of paper-y goodness from them, I'll probably mostly use them as fabuloso strip borders on special cards. But the beige will probably be used to cut out sweet little yellow Labrador silhouettes.
Thanks again, Tyler!
Wag more; bark less
Quicklabs

Postby kim » August 12th, 2011, 7:48 pm

I am so wanting some of Tyler's glass beads. I know I got some microbeads at Michaels, but he has some colors I want that they didn't have. I am just going to have to hold off until I move....but it's killing me. I'm scared to even look at his site at this point. But I think that one of the things I am going to invest in when I move is new paper bins. I have the kind that are towers and they have clear plastic bins that hang on a peg board like back. When you fill up the trays, the plastic pegs will break and I have several that are just hanging. If you bump the tray, then pegs will break. I'm so tired of them. I found some new ones on line that are wire bins and so far, the cheapest tall tower I can find runs about $99. I'll have to keep looking, but I think I will have to get those.

Oh....and I found something else in my attic that I had quite forgotten about! When DS was very very little, I bought this cabinet that are like the cubes, but it is all one piece. It was an organization system for toys and stuff. It had little plastic boxes that you put into each cube. It would be great for my craft room. It's is probably somewhere in the 6 feet wide and maybe 3 or 4 feet tall range.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Gigi » August 12th, 2011, 10:51 pm

kim wrote:I am so wanting some of Tyler's glass beads. I know I got some microbeads at Michaels, but he has some colors I want that they didn't have. I am just going to have to hold off until I move....but it's killing me. I'm scared to even look at his site at this point. But I think that one of the things I am going to invest in when I move is new paper bins. I have the kind that are towers and they have clear plastic bins that hang on a peg board like back. When you fill up the trays, the plastic pegs will break and I have several that are just hanging. If you bump the tray, then pegs will break. I'm so tired of them. I found some new ones on line that are wire bins and so far, the cheapest tall tower I can find runs about $99. I'll have to keep looking, but I think I will have to get those.

Oh....and I found something else in my attic that I had quite forgotten about! When DS was very very little, I bought this cabinet that are like the cubes, but it is all one piece. It was an organization system for toys and stuff. It had little plastic boxes that you put into each cube. It would be great for my craft room. It's is probably somewhere in the 6 feet wide and maybe 3 or 4 feet tall range.

I so understand Kim ! I just got the colored microbeads from Tyler and I happened to have some little plastic jars so I think I am going to put them in there so I will see them and remember to use them! That is one of my problems - I need to remember what I have!! LOL

The cabinet with cubes sounds wonderful. Would be great as you are settling in again! Good luck!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » August 12th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Gigi... now you are asking too much... we have to REMEMBER what we buy???? I can't even remember what I had for dinner two hours ago... LOL But it is true, if I have things out where I can see them, I will remember them much better than if they are tucked away some place safe (and I can't remember where that "safe" place is... LOL)
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby CaseysAngel » August 12th, 2011, 10:58 pm

YOu know I saw on a blog somewhere, long time ago , a woman had a notebook. She took it shopping with her and everytime she bought something she wrote it in that book in the section for what it was . That way she knew what she had and never double bought. I was showing hubby and he said if I need a notebook I have to much stuff.LOL
CaseysAngel

Postby Angel135612 » August 12th, 2011, 11:03 pm

I have a book that I usually have with me at all times... and have made notes of some craft supplies I have.. like the colors of the alcohol inks I have bought, or the cuttlebug folders I have, or things like that. That way, if I see something on sale while I'm out shopping, I don't buy something I already have. My problem is keeping the list up when I buy more things... LOL
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » August 12th, 2011, 11:58 pm

I keep a lot of lists in One Note - like the paper pads I have - company and name of paper pad, stencils that I have and the sizes, dies that I have (I know - shame on me - but I have not bought any news ones in quite a while - trying very hard not to do that anymore!!) etc. Granted I dont have that list with me,but when I put it in One Note I seem to do a better job of remembering what I have.

If I know I am going for something specific, I make a list of the colors I have,for instance, so I don't buy 3 more of the same thing!! I really have no GOOD reason to shop for anything for a long time, but I will undoubtedly find a BAD reason to do it anyway! No more impulse buying - I think I have gotten over that (sure hope so anyway!!)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Trisha » August 13th, 2011, 9:29 am

CAGigi wrote:
I so understand Kim ! I just got the colored microbeads from Tyler and I happened to have some little plastic jars so I think I am going to put them in there so I will see them and remember to use them! That is one of my problems - I need to remember what I have!! LOL

The cabinet with cubes sounds wonderful. Would be great as you are settling in again! Good luck!

Remember? Remember! I didn't know I was supposed to remember! Lol!!

Oh! This did give me an idea, though! (I know, but don't look so startled!) I have a bunch of small glass jars from when we bought two cases of sliced mushrooms. I could put stuff in there, label them, and store them on their sides so I can see the ends and the contents. Hmmm...maybe if I...we'll see...

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby Trisha » August 13th, 2011, 9:32 am

Angel135612 wrote:I have a book that I usually have with me at all times... and have made notes of some craft supplies I have.. like the colors of the alcohol inks I have bought, or the cuttlebug folders I have, or things like that. That way, if I see something on sale while I'm out shopping, I don't buy something I already have. My problem is keeping the list up when I buy more things... LOL

I have a similar book -- but I usually forget to take it with me -- Maybe someday I'll train myself to have it with me! Lol!

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby Gigi » August 13th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Trisha wrote:Remember? Remember! I didn't know I was supposed to remember! Lol!!

Oh! This did give me an idea, though! (I know, but don't look so startled!) I have a bunch of small glass jars from when we bought two cases of sliced mushrooms. I could put stuff in there, label them, and store them on their sides so I can see the ends and the contents. Hmmm...maybe if I...we'll see...

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust

Yeah - the remember part eludes me most times too!
The glass jars sounds like a great idea! I have seen people glue the lids to the top of a shelf or under a cabinet (saves room) so you can see the contents and just unscrew the jar to get the contents - and put it back when you are done. That way you never lose the lid!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » August 13th, 2011, 8:35 pm

If the jar tops are magnetic, you could buy the strips from Lowe's that is in the tool storage section, attach that to the wall/shelf/etc and put the jars on there. That is what I use for my knives in my kitchen.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » August 13th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Great idea Lisa! I also have the magnetic tape that I use for **hide your eyes** (metal dies) :shock: :shock: - and that works well too.

I have a lot of magnetic tape left over since I am NOT buying more dies, so if anyone needs some, just lmk!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Trisha » August 14th, 2011, 7:19 am

Ooooh, thanks for that great idea, Lisa! Ages ago, in recycling mode, I tore off several dozen 1" X 3" magnet pieces off the back of some advertising signage. I still have a bunch. This would be a great use for them!

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby PennyDuncan » August 14th, 2011, 9:35 am

CAGigi wrote:Great idea Lisa! I also have the magnetic tape that I use for **hide your eyes** (metal dies) :shock: :shock: - and that works well too.

I have a lot of magnetic tape left over since I am NOT buying more dies, so if anyone needs some, just lmk!

GOOD GIRL Gigi....now keep repeating that to yourself...... "I'm NOT buying more dies....I'm NOT buying more dies...." Hummmmmmmmmmm is it working????
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby JeannetteC » August 14th, 2011, 10:15 am

LisaH wrote:If the jar tops are magnetic, you could buy the strips from Lowe's that is in the tool storage section, attach that to the wall/shelf/etc and put the jars on there. That is what I use for my knives in my kitchen.

Another option is to nail the lid to the board. My dad did this with a bunch of baby food jars in his workshop for screws and stuff.
JeannetteC

Postby Gigi » August 14th, 2011, 10:52 am

PennyDuncan wrote:
CAGigi wrote:Great idea Lisa! I also have the magnetic tape that I use for **hide your eyes** (metal dies) :shock: :shock: - and that works well too.

GOOD GIRL Gigi....now keep repeating that to yourself...... "I'm NOT buying more dies....I'm NOT buying more dies...." Hummmmmmmmmmm is it working????

Actually it IS working - so far so good - nothing in about 6 months - and I looked at the new ones but am ignoring them. I am NOT getting anymore -they are handy, but I have plenty to do the quick stuff and am relying much more on my machine.

Now I have to wean off those damn punches!! Making progress!! LOL Not sure I am ready to get rid of what I have, but not going to add to it (Yes I said it here, and I have witnesses!!) :shock:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Trisha » August 14th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Hurray for you, Gigi!! Who needs those old dies and punches anyhoo!! I keep the ones I have, the grandkids like to cut with them and they don't get near my Wild Thing aka Cougar. I haven't bought any new ones since I got my first cutter, a Craft Robo, in 2007!! Anything they can make a die or punch for, I can make a cutting file for! Wahoo!! AND, with the Cougar, I can cut the thicker stuff the dies will. Like I said, who needs their old dies and punches anyhoo! Way to go, us!
Trisha

Postby PennyDuncan » August 14th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Exactly Trisha!!!! I have a few I have kept.....And YES Gigi we have you on record now girlie!!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » August 14th, 2011, 3:34 pm

Yeah - you guys have me on record and you can hold me to it!! NO MORE DIES.

"My name is Gigi and I am a dieaholic and punchaholic and I am trying really hard to STOP. I have gone six months without buying a die!"

Ok guys - you have it now!! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

Gigi
Gigi

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas in July