Challenge 24 by Christy Personalized Candles

Re: Challenge 24 by Christy Personalized Candles

Postby Angel135612 » October 22nd, 2011, 5:00 pm

PennyDuncan wrote:All of these candles are AWESOME!!!! You know I wonder if Tyler's rub-on stuff would work on these....hummmmmmm making a note to myself to try this when I get my order in!!!!!

So Penny, Have you had a chance to try this yet??? I have been playing with some image transfers, and put a couple of them on a candle. I need to get a few more ready to put on there... it needs more, and as soon as I have it done, I will post a picture. I think the rub ons would work by melting them into the candle, but I don't think you could rub them on and have them stick, not sure it would stick to the wax. I wonder if there is anything else that is clear that you could print on, and melt it into the wax, so you don't see the paper. I do think this takes a bit of practice, one of the two image transfers I put on the candle kind of stuck to itself, so not a nice clean image, but the first one turned out okay.
The next thing I want to try is coloring the white candles with alcohol inks and still be able to add the images...
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Previous

Return to Christmas in July