UPDATE: NOT Selling my Silver Bullet 24"

UPDATE: NOT Selling my Silver Bullet 24"

Postby HDinAZ » November 28th, 2017, 7:51 am

I'm no longer selling my Silver Bullet ...busy playing with FOIL QUILL

I've finished all the projects on my to-do list and I have no new ones, so I've decided to sell this wonderful cutter. If you'd like to see some of the things I've done, check my postings (HDinAZ) and you'll get an idea of the capabilities of this machine. I've even cut stained glass with it, but that hasn't been posted because I used an unorthodox method to do that. I purchased the SB from Sherri at That's Scrap, Inc. in January, 2014, so the warranty is off. (I never had to make use of it) I put the cutter about 20 feet from my computer and use a long powered USB cord to communicate from my computer (works without a problem!) I'll include the USB powered cord and my various cutting blades. I've done *all* my cutting with the DETAIL BLADE exclusively. Here's one example:

This is shipping from Arizona. I'm asking $750 plus shipping (about $80) USA sale only and PayPal only. It's an amazing cutter!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HDinAZ on June 18th, 2019, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HDinAZ

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Re: Selling my Silver Bullet 24"

Postby HDinAZ » November 30th, 2017, 5:12 pm

I need to add a few notes to this posting:

1) I still have the original shipping carton and the Styrofoam end packing materials for shipping.

2) I'm including various cutter heads and blades and cutting mats. (note: I use mostly the LIGHT TACK
mats
from Cricut since they release the paper at lot easier. Sometimes I used the 24" mat which came with
the Silver Bullet.)

3) I'm also including the embossing tool, the engraving tool, the piercing tool, the pen tool, and many
blades.

4) I also have many, many designs which I'll put on a DVD and send along with the cutter.

5) I'll consider all reasonable offers.
HDinAZ

Postby Gigi » December 1st, 2017, 2:29 am

I for one am going to miss seeing your work - it has been fabulous. If I needed another machine I would buy it just to get your designs on DVD!!

I wish you the best. Thank you for sharing all that you have.Your work has been enjoyed by many of us.

Take care.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby HDinAZ » December 1st, 2017, 4:22 pm

What a nice compliment, Gigi! I have enjoyed seeing all the efforts of others here also and I'll miss using the Silver Bullet, but it's better that someone use it rather than have it sit on a shelf gathering dust.
HDinAZ

Postby Gigi » December 1st, 2017, 6:38 pm

I totally agree with you - it is too good to be gathering dust - I am just sad to miss your work. :(

Would love it if you would check in and let us know what you are up to. Your creativity has spurred me on to try new things and break out of my comfort zone. Thank you!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby HDinAZ » December 1st, 2017, 8:40 pm

Inspiration is an amazing thing, isn't it? I, too, received many of my ideas from ideas others had. I never did finish a design change to the Silver Bullet to score stained glass. I wanted to add a second solenoid to the first one (which came with the machine) to put enough down pressure on the scoring roller, but never got that far. I did, however, score stained glass by adding some pressure with my hand, but that is a dangerous proposition that's best left alone. (this machine is powerful... and FAST!... so keep the fingers OUT!) I tried to find a picture of the pieces of stained glass which I cut (a rolling wave pattern), but they don't seem to be here anymore. I figured the modified machine would be great for cutting mosaic pieces since they are all straight cuts...

Here's a pic of my Christmas 2107 card (my last)..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HDinAZ

Postby Gigi » December 2nd, 2017, 12:32 am

WOW! That is spectacular! Thank you so much for sharing that.

The stained glass cutting sounds like a scary proposition when you got your hands into it - yikes! You definitely pushed the machine to its limits in many ways.

Thanks again for all you have taught us. Merry Christmas to you too!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby paveman » December 4th, 2017, 11:18 pm

Hi! I'm very interested in purchasing your 24" cutter. You can e-mail me at bwvail@yahoo.com - your work is amazing! Thanks!
paveman

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Postby HDinAZ » December 14th, 2017, 8:21 pm

I did some thinking about the issue with scoring stained glass with the Silver Bullet. In my trials, I actually placed my fingers over the cutter to add just a little more pressure to the scoring wheel...(not my smartest move!), but I could just as well have used a tool (...like a ruler or rubber spatula, etc. etc.) to put some extra pressure on the cutter head. That would have made a lot more sense from a safety standpoint!

Here's a picture of what I was able to accomplish after using a cutter head from a hand-held tool...
glass-scorer.jpg
cut-glass.jpg
HDinAZ

Postby pigtailpat » December 17th, 2017, 7:28 am

Honestly?

I think you should KEEP your SB, for you to do some videos, or, do a craftsy class on the machine (for pay) and show what you are able to accomplish. Your artistry is simply amazing.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Gigi » December 17th, 2017, 9:46 am

Could not agree with you more Pat!! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby HDinAZ » December 18th, 2017, 10:39 am

You're trying to make me feel guilty for selling it. :D (I actually do feel guilty... and sad) I was just thinking about what I might accomplish by using the glass scoring head to decorate leather. It should be able to indent the leather without actually cutting it, only do it much more finely than with an embossing tool. YES... I'm still selling it. Thanks for the compliment.
HDinAZ

Postby Gigi » December 18th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Not trying to make you feel guilty at all - you just have quite a few of us who LOVE seeing your creativity. And we will miss your sharing. Totally selfish on our parts!! :)

Wish you the best!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby HDinAZ » December 18th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Gigi I was only kidding about you trying to "make me feel guilty". :D It's hard to convey the fact that I was chuckling to myself when I wrote that. Merry Christmas to you and everyone else on this forum.
HDinAZ

Postby Gigi » December 18th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Oh I figured you were kidding - but it was an opportunity to give you some grief over leaving us!!! :)

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby HDinAZ » March 11th, 2018, 1:07 pm

I haven't left *yet* since I haven't sold the cutter. I did try another experiment, however. SPOILER ALERT: it failed!

I made a high temp insert for the tool holder to hold just the soldering part of a soldering iron which I tore apart. The idea was to do WOOD BURNING using the SB. It started to burn the design ok, but there was enough heat transfer into the plastic holder of the SB that it started to melt and I had to quit. Needless to say, I had to purchase another plastic holder from Sheri. It would have been amazing to have had that work, but it was not to be. :banghead:
HDinAZ

Postby Gigi » March 11th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Well I love that you think outside the box and I know she does as well. You are SO creative. Thanks for sharing the experimentation. We would certainly not recommend that everyone try what you do, but you know what you are doing. If I tried it, I would probably burn up the whole machine. And let's fact it - it would never occur to me to try something like that!!

Thank for sharing all that you do - we all learn from you. :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Adriennewot » April 5th, 2018, 9:41 am

Your card designs are amazing. What software are you using? I am new to this forum, considering purchase of a Silver Bullet (have not decided which one yet - the 24" seems pretty big for me, a longtime Cricut user). I am fascinated with the greater versatility of these machines! Thanks and best regards. Adrienne
Adrienne

"Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun."
— George Scialabba in Harvard Magazine, 1984
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/0 ... more-15588
Adriennewot

Postby MeFlick » April 5th, 2018, 10:07 am

Adriennewot wrote:Your card designs are amazing. What software are you using? I am new to this forum, considering purchase of a Silver Bullet (have not decided which one yet - the 24" seems pretty big for me, a longtime Cricut user). I am fascinated with the greater versatility of these machines! Thanks and best regards. Adrienne

Not the OP, but I am pretty sure from OP's posts on other forums I belong to that she has used Make the Cut (MTC) and it's sister program, Popup Card Studio (PCS) for the popup cards that she has shown here. While MTC will work with the SB line of cutters, it does not have an actual plugin for the SB line of cutters. In addition, and important for new users to know and understand, MTC has not been updated or modified in any way in several years now. :( I don't believe it ever will be but the developer has not said anything one way or another on the subject. That alone says plenty I am afraid. PCS has also not been updated or changed in the same time frame. As a result, I would hesitate to make MTC my "go to program" with any cutter or system. I still use it, and it is my go to program, but that is because I am too lazy to sit down and work with SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) and learn it as well as I know MTC. :lol: Having used MTC and SCAL since their early days, I always preferred MTC and learned it. Since I have been using it since 2009 I can just go and do something quickly in it. SCAL has continued to improve since then and is what the Silver Bullet ships with if bought new with software so it is the program they support with the cutter. Further, SCAL continues to be updated and add plugins for newly released cutters which means it has ones for the SB and other new systems. MTC does not. Nor does PCS. Both MTC and PCS can import and export files out though so you could get PCS and export out a file to use in MTC or SCAL for example. Both are good programs and do pretty much what most people want to do, but given that they are no longer being updated, I would tell any new user to get SCAL over MTC for that reason alone.

In deciding what size cutter you want/need - determine how much space you have available, what you want to cut, do you want to do bigger projects that a 24" machine will let you do, etc. Only you can make that determination. Once you decide that, you will have a better idea of what you want to do. Now that said, if you have room for the bigger cutter, and can get a good deal on a used one, then I wouldn't hesitate to do so. Then you know you can always go bigger when you want. ;) I have had a BC Cutter (predecessor to the SB) and now a SB for years now and they have always served me well. Good luck in your decision.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Adriennewot » April 19th, 2018, 7:50 am

Thank you MeFlick for your thoughtful response. As you may see from the "Where are you from" area of posts, I just entered some info there and, coincidentally asked to "meet" you, since you are located in TN., as am I, although closer to Nashville. Best regards.
Adrienne

"Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun."
— George Scialabba in Harvard Magazine, 1984
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/0 ... more-15588
Adriennewot

Next

Return to Items For sale