UPDATE: NOT Selling my Silver Bullet 24"

Re: Selling my Silver Bullet 24"

Postby HDinAZ » April 20th, 2018, 10:53 am

Adriennewot Thanks for your compliment. MeFlick answered all your questions, so I didn't reply. In looking back at it, I SHOULD HAVE! ...sorry about that!
HDinAZ

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby Adriennewot » April 20th, 2018, 10:58 am

No worries - good luck selling your machine. You may want to keep it, since you make so many pretty things with it, ha-ha! That has been suggested already, I realize. I DO have another question - does the Pop Up Card program work with SCAL, or only with MTC? Thanks!
Adrienne

"Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun."
— George Scialabba in Harvard Magazine, 1984
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/0 ... more-15588
Adriennewot

Postby MeFlick » April 20th, 2018, 12:48 pm

[quote="Adriennewot". . . I DO have another question - does the Pop Up Card program work with SCAL, or only with MTC? Thanks![/quote]

Pop-up Card Studio is a separate and independent program that works on its own and does not REQUIRE MTC or SCAL to work and develop cards. It does have the ability to cut directly to some cutters programmed in as I recall but don't recall which ones those were. However, once you have the file created in PCS, you can export it out to an SVG file, and you can import that file into SCAL the same you could in MTC or any other program that imports SVG files.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Adriennewot » April 20th, 2018, 3:25 pm

Oh goody! Thanks much!
Adrienne

Adriennewot

Postby Gigi » April 20th, 2018, 3:52 pm

I have heard pros and cons about the Pop Up Card Studio program so you might want to do a little research (if you haven't already) just so you know if it's the right thing for you. I don't own it so cannot speak from personal experience, but quite a few people were disappointed in it early on. Just want you to be happy with what you get or have! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Adriennewot » April 20th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Thanks for that. Yes, we are quite the researchers in our house. It took me over 2 years before I finally pulled the trigger on a new "independent" cutter. Since I am asking questions, how does the SB work with Windows 10 based software? A new computer may be my next big investment - I am still a Windows 7 holdout. I hate migrating software and I would have to transfer my new version of SCAL 4 Pro. Plus my other computer (the dinosaur) is still Windows 7. I guess I should have thought of that a month ago. Oh well.
Adrienne

Adriennewot

Postby Gigi » April 20th, 2018, 8:38 pm

You are welcome. And I totally understand taking time to make a decision on a machine like this - it is a lot of money and you want to be sure it will do all that you want/need it to do.

I have had my SB since 2012 and have been through many versions of Windows. I am now running Windows 10 and didn't have a single issue with the software. There were some issues with Windows 7 as I recall, but none that I remember with 8 or 10. Brandon is really good about upgrading the software to work with MAC and Windows. Hope that reassures you. :) There is no problem transferring software - just be sure to keep your activation code and all you have to do is install and activate the code.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Adriennewot » July 23rd, 2018, 7:14 am

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Thank you so much for all your good information. I now have both a "pre-loved" SB and a new W10 computer, but will still use the W7 computer for SCAL Pro. May install SCAL 5 on the new one - haven't decided yet. The past few months have been devoted to sewing for my grandchildren - a birthday tradition. Probably more for me than them, but they seem to like what I send them, so it will continue for a at least until the "eye-rolling" stage of youth begins. :D
Adrienne

Adriennewot

Postby Gigi » July 23rd, 2018, 3:34 pm

Enjoy your new machine! If you have any questions, we are here!

Gigi
Gigi

Previous

Return to Items For sale