Looking For a Used 24" Silver Bullet

Looking For a Used 24" Silver Bullet

Postby mekb55 » October 9th, 2014, 4:19 am

Hi!
I fortunately happened to stumble upon this forum by a happy accident. I am disabled but used to do many different kinds of crafts until my life became full of surgeries, trying to take care of my kids, etc. but now that my children are self sufficient and I have been given a reprieve, at least as far as surgeries go (knocking on wood :hide: ), I would love to dive head first back into the crafting world as I'm SO amazed at how far things have come!! I'm very interested in purchasing a 24" Silver Bullet for the right price as I believe it will give me enough versatility to do crafts I will be able to do and once again have fun creating things. So, if you happen to have a machine that you can't use at this time or whatever the reason please contact me either here or at mekb55@gmail.com. I also just want to say I have never seen a forum where everyone is so nice and so ready and willing to help each other!!
Thank you and I hope to hear from someone soon :D
mekb55

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Re: Looking For a Used 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » October 9th, 2014, 7:07 am

Welcome back into the crafting world mekb55 I wish you the best with your health....Welcome to the forum.....While I don't have a SB for sale as I am LOVING my 24" I just wanted you to know we are happy to have you with us!!! You might get in touch with the owner of the SB....Sherri Jensen ThatsScrap@aol.com and see if she has any used machines or knows of anyone that has advised her they are wanting to sell..... Good Luck!! ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby mekb55 » October 9th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Thank you SO much Penny!! <3 I will give Sherri a try. I didn't realize just how much I missed crafting until I decided to 'check out' Pinterest recently and I was totally blown away with the things people are creating and the wealth of information out there!! Unfortunately I got caught in a rut between seemingly endless surgeries, recoveries, trying to do the best I could for my family, etc., and while we're still 'scraping to get by' financially I thought back to when my husband and I were first married and I used to do 'piece meal' stained glass at home for a few extra dollars in our pockets and it got me thinking (and excited again) about feeling creative and useful again which I don't think I realized just how much of that I was truly missing in my life. So, now I guess I'm just hoping (and yes, probably dreaming) maybe somebody here might have an SB they can possibly part with for a reasonable price or might know someone else who does. Thank you again for your thoughtfulness and I'm going to go to your blog right now so I can check out your beautiful creations and dream some more...(hmmm...can't find the emoji's so just plant a smiley face here...lol!!)
mekb55

Postby PennyDuncan » October 9th, 2014, 1:59 pm

Oh I totally understand...... mekb55 not about the surgeries but losing the mojo for sure!!! Life has a way of taking over for a time and distracting us....I bet each and everyone one of us have been there!!!! I wish you the best and just know you would be BEYOND happy with a SB if you're able to get one!!!!! Hope you are having a very blessed day!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby MeFlick » October 9th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Welcome - I just wanted to point out that you might find a better "deal" if you can find someone selling a Black Cat Cougar. While it is the "older" sister to the SB - they are still great machines. The SBs have not been out that long so unless you find someone who has decided they no longer want a machine at all - it will be harder to find - especially the top of the line 24" (not to say they aren't sold used but usually not often and even then not usually for a great "deal". However, some people have sold their black cat Cougar's to "upgrade" to the SB and usually that is for more of a "deal" then a SB. Just a thought to consider since you have indicated the expense is a concern.

Not sure if Kim has sold her Cougar she had or not. Perhaps she will see and let us know. I will say I still have and use my 18" Cougar and have had it for many years now. Haven't seen the need to upgrade to the SB until the Cougar can no longer do the work! Good luck.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby mekb55 » October 10th, 2014, 4:57 am

Thanks MeFlick!
I guess after seeing an older post of someone who was looking to sell their SB (I believe it was a 24") with all kinds of extra's included for $600 I may have gotten my hopes up a little high that I might be lucky enough to 'stumble upon' something similar. Although I'm anxious to get started I can wait awhile or maybe I should rethink things and scale back my dreams a bit and either look for a used 13" SB or like you've suggested look into the Cougar. I've just read and seen SO many awesome reviews, etc. about the SB and worry about getting a Cougar only to find that I'll feel the need to 'upgrade' in too short a time that it would end up causing me more expense in the long run. Hmmmm....lot's to think about!! I GREATLY appreciate your input!! Thanks to you also, Penny, for your enthusiasm and wonderful support!! (btw...took a 'spin' into your blog...ABSOLUTELY beautiful!!!!) I'll continue to give all options some thought and check back here often and also try to get in touch with Sherri...again, thanks to both of you!! :D (wish they could get some better emoji's here...lol!!)
mekb55

Postby MeFlick » October 10th, 2014, 8:28 am

Well, if it helps you any at all - that sale of a 24" SB with the extras would in fact been an aberration and one that would not be expected normally. Some people just want to get rid of something and are willing to "dump" it for significantly cheaper to do so. However I will say that in all my years on this forum and others for cutters and software - I have seldom seen that great of a deal on a used machine so I wouldn't expect to find one but every great while. Most people realize the investment they have made, the quality of the machine and are willing to wait on a good resale price before departing with the machine.

The reasons they came out with the SB are numerous, but they had nothing what so ever to do with the Cougar not being an excellent cutting machine. The primary differences in the two can best be answered by Sherri at That's Scrap or Dawn Thyme or Jo the dealers for the machines but I think the primary differences are some speed and pressure settings perhaps (more of them I think.) I don't recall exactly and since I didn't "upgrade" - know that I didn't consider them a "huge" difference (if they had been - I would have jumped to the newer machine.)

I don't think you will find anyone who had a Cougar and chose to update to the SB who will tell you that they did so because they were unhappy with the machine in any way. They just wanted the "newest"! LOL I often suffer from that affliction as well! LOL I typically want to get the newest tech tools when they are announced (and usually can if I want it). However, for once - I kept my head about me and stuck with the Cougar because it was a great machine and the SB didn't really offer me that much more and I felt that my Cougar still did everything I needed it to do. (Now, that's not to say that I didn't consider jumping on that $600 24" SB when it was offered up because I knew it was a steal of a deal that didn't normally happen! LOL However, I chose not to again because my Cougar was still a fine machine.) I tell you that to show you that the Cougar is a good option - especially if someone is looking to save $ and get into this level of cutters. So, if you want to get a 24" machine for a "steal" of a deal - your best best is probably going to be a used Cougar. If you are willing to "wait" for a while - you might find a deal on a used SB - but more likely a smaller one than a 24" one as some people with smaller tend to upgrade later to a bigger machine.

I was just looking to offer you some "viable" ideas that will let you get into the cutting and crafting sooner if that is what you are looking to do. Hopefully the right deal will come along for you soon. Only you know your budget and your needs - so check out the forums regularly because any "steal" of a deal will go quickly. Good luck.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Sassycutter » October 10th, 2014, 9:33 am

mekb55 Welcome to the forum! I have a 13" Black Cat and I love it! I have seen the Silver Bullets and they are very nice. I have never considered "upgrading" or updating because I still have so much to learn and do with my machine. Until I feel I have learned everything there is to learn about my machine or there is a task it cannot complete, I won't be looking to replace my machine. The machine is fabulous and I still have lots to learn and try after three years of ownership. Patience...you will find the right machine for you. Unfortunately I have no patience either once I've set my sites on something :ROFLMBO:
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby Thyme » October 10th, 2014, 12:49 pm

The Cougar is a very good cutter..
The Silver Bullet is an improvement on it. It has updated electronics so it both faster and quicker and the newest motherboard from the manufacturer, more menu options and an additional pinchwheel
Thyme

Postby MeFlick » October 10th, 2014, 5:04 pm

Thanks Dawn for chiming in on the difference. It had been a while since I had looked at the SB in detail to recall what they were. Once my Cougar ever decides to give up the ghost I will then look to see what options are out there then probably. Otherwise, like Sassycutter - I haven't found anything yet that I have wanted to do that I can't do with my Cougar.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Thyme » October 10th, 2014, 10:46 pm

You're welcome
Thyme

Postby mekb55 » October 11th, 2014, 9:06 am

Wow!!!
Thank you all SO much for your input!! Each one of you has given me much to think about!! At this point, I do think I might just 'hang on' for awhile and see if either a 13" or 24" used or refurbished Silver Bullet might happen to come along because I'm starting out 'fresh' and then wouldn't have to worry about upgrading hopefully for a LONG time as I tend to use the things I have until the duct tape just won't hold them together any longer...LOL!!! So, if anyone happens to hear of one that's available I would TRULY appreciate it if you'd keep me in mind. I really gave this a LOT of thought and although I felt I had some wonderful ideas of items I could make as gifts and also possibly to sell to friends, family, maybe their co-workers, etc., for Christmas, the season is just too close so, I'm going to take my time (and a deep breath...lol!!), see what happens for now and start thinking about next Christmas and pray in the meantime that a beautiful SB might happen to come my way. For now, I have some other less ambitious ideas for making gifts for this year but PLEASE don't forget me as I DO still have my eye out for that elusive Silver Bullet and WILL continue to check back here as well as with Sherri who informed me she doesn't have anything available at the moment but that she will also keep me in mind if she happens to come across anything :) Again, thank you all VERY much and if there is any more information and/or ideas you could pass along I'd be VERY grateful!! I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason even though we may not know at the time what that reason is it usually (although not always) presents itself in time...
<3
mekb55

Postby Gigi » October 11th, 2014, 9:55 am

I believe the right machine for you is going to come along soon. Fingers are crossed too!:) Please keep us posted as well in case it comes through Sherri and not here so we can be excited with you!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » October 11th, 2014, 3:37 pm

I have both machines, and they are both really great, If I had originally bought a larger cougar, I probably wouldn't have upgraded to a bullet, but I also love the faster speed of the bullet, never had any major problems with either one. They are both work horses.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby mekb55 » October 12th, 2014, 7:31 am

Thank you Gigi...I promise I will keep you all posted if something else happens to come along so you all aren't out there still looking for me. You'll all probably hear me screaming with joy when and if that day comes anyway....LOL!!! Suzan, I guess that's the reason I'm willing to just wait for now. Once I get my sights set on something I'm willing to wait for the opportunity to get what I really want and like I said, since I'm starting out 'fresh' and not looking to upgrade for a LONG time to come I'd rather start out with something I feel will meet any needs/wants I might have for MANY years :) I also believe there's a time for everything and when the time is right an opportunity will present itself and hopefully I'll be first in line :) So, hopefully all of you wonderful women here who have responded so kindly to me will continue to keep your eyes and ears open for me until you see me post...well, you'll just have to wait but believe me you'll DEFINITELY know when it happens...LOL!!!! Again, MANY thanks to all of you who have responded and I look forward to grilling each and every one of you in the future for crafting help and tips...LOL!!! j/k :) Have a sparkling day all...
mekb55

Postby bbinvitations2 » October 13th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Hello!

I just happened to see your post as I was researching how to sell my 24" Silver Bullet (Professional Series) on the forum. It's only been used to test cut. Are you still interested? Was hoping for $1000.00 plus shipping (from Ohio).
Let me know,

Thanks,
Terrie
bbinvitations2

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet Professional

Postby Gigi » October 13th, 2014, 7:54 pm

Thanks Terrie! I will email her and be sure she gets connected to you!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Items For sale