want to buy: small silver bullett

want to buy: small silver bullett

Postby caroleg51 » April 11th, 2014, 7:49 am

I am looking for a small silver bullett to buy. If you have one please let me know
thanks
caroleg51

Cutter: sillhoutte cameo

Re: want to buy: small silver bullett

Postby Gigi » April 11th, 2014, 9:29 am

Also contact Sherri@thatsscrap@aol.com. She often knows of customers who want to sell machines that never are listed here. She is a great resource and help.

CORRECTION: I combined two of her emails!! thatsscrap@aol.com or sherri@silverbulletcutters.com.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby caroleg51 » April 11th, 2014, 9:33 am

thanks, I will contact sherry!
caroleg51

Postby Gigi » April 11th, 2014, 9:37 am

You are welcome!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby caroleg51 » April 11th, 2014, 9:44 am

I just tried that e-mail and it said it was invalid and I also tried www.thatsscrap@aol.com it also said invailid.. any other suggestions?
caroleg51

Postby Gigi » April 11th, 2014, 9:52 am

Sorry - I keep saying I shouldnt post without caffeine!!

You can reach Sherri through the store directly http://www.thatscrapinc.com or her email is thatsscrap@aol.com or sherri@silverbulletcutters.com

So sorry! There is a link to her store in the upper right of this forum in the tabs....

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » April 11th, 2014, 9:53 am

LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby caroleg51 » April 30th, 2014, 12:10 pm

I Got one!!!! thanks Lisa!! :)
caroleg51

Postby MeFlick » April 30th, 2014, 4:58 pm

caroleg51 wrote:I Got one!!!! thanks Lisa!! :)

Congratulations! I am sure you will love it! Make sure you apply NOW for the learning center and start reviewing all the helpful information there before you get the machine and you will be a little ahead of the curve when your machine gets here. I look forward to seeing what you do with your new machine.

Oops - saw on another thread after I replied here that you have already received your machine! Glad you have it! Still, be sure you check out the learning center - it has lots of good information and is great "review" when needed.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby caroleg51 » April 30th, 2014, 5:23 pm

I have already signed up with the learning center and spent lots of time on it already.. The confusing part for me now is the settings for cutting various materials. speed etc.. I I love how quiet it is and the speed is unreal!
thanks carole
caroleg51

Postby Elizabeth » April 30th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Hi Carole. You may have already found it, but in case you didn't, there is a section on the FAQ page in the learning center that will take you to Penny Duncan's chart of settings for lots of different media. It is a great place to start, although you will need to fine tune the settings for your particular machine.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » April 30th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Will just echo what Elizabeth said - use that chart as a guide as each machine is different, blade depths are slightly different per user, etc.

This machine loves to go fast!! You will want to slow down if you are cutting chipboard or a dense material, but for paper or most card stock, 700-800 is doable. Try some simple shapes at different speeds and you will see what we mean. It still amazes me the way it handles a lot of detail at warp speed!!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby caroleg51 » May 1st, 2014, 7:31 am

I will go and look for pennys chart, thank you..I just bought Marks engraved clock face and as soon as I build up some courage, I will try it! LOL.. I have a flourish box file that I bought that I have tried about 25 times to cut on my sillhoutte and it just made a mess of it. I tried 4 times on the SB and still cant get the setting right. I hate wasting so much paper. It is very intricate. any suggestions? Maybe I could send one of the files to someone and they could try it for me and tell me what settings to use?
thanks carole
caroleg51

Postby Gigi » May 1st, 2014, 9:11 am

The problem with suggesting cutting settings is that they are honestly different for everyone. And the cutting material will be different. If it is humid where you are, your paper will cut differently than if it is dry here. And the pressure/force will be different. Even though you have experience with a cutting machine, I would really encourage you to cut simple shapes and get used to how they cut and what force you need. Be sure your paper is well brayered down no matter what you are cutting. Once you successful can cut simple shapes on your paper/card stock, you can cut the detailed at the same pressure. You "may" have to cut down your speed depending on the detail and thickness of your material, but I have found that high speed is the way to go with even detailed designs.

Once you find your setting that works on that paper, keep a notebook or something to refer to so you know how to cut that paper. I refer to my notebook ALL of the time......

Please take your time and learn now to do the basics on your new machine. You will be much more successful much faster in the long run...... I think once you can do some simple shapes on whatever media you are using, you will have no trouble doing the other design. I would be happy to cut it, but my paper would be different than yours.... trial and error is really the best and taking it slow..........

Gigi
Gigi

Postby caroleg51 » May 1st, 2014, 6:05 pm

GiGi
I did not even think about the difference in temps pr humidity.. We are hot and humid here. I did cut several pages of simple shapes, hearts, stars etc.. some cut all the way through, others did not. I am still experimenting with the settings.. I will wait to try that imtricate box until I get more time under ,my belt with the SB! good advice!. For some reason, I tohught , oh, I have used cutters before and this will be a breeze! wrong, its a whole new ball game and I must be patient and walk befor I run.. I am not very patient when it comes to wantig to get things done. LOL.. I will try!
is a brayer really necessary? or is smoothing the paper down good enough?
thanks for your suggestions
carole
caroleg51

Postby Elizabeth » May 1st, 2014, 8:55 pm

I find a brayer to be very necessary, Especially for detailed cuts. Unless I am using a brand new mat, I use my brayer for every cut.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » May 1st, 2014, 8:57 pm

Carole -

Patience is really important here - I am not either so I totally understand. And this was probably my 6th cutter (at least!!) Yeah I know.. pathetic!! LOL But even though I was keeping up with Sherri and her machines, this still took a little getting used to.

A brayer is REALLY important - with the brayer you get an even distribution of stickiness to the paper - if you push it down with your hands even if you think you are covering the whole surface, it just isnt the same. And once you start using it, it really takes no extra time and your cuts will dramatically improve.

Definitely stick with the simple shapes and have some consistent success before venturing on to the more difficult things. Really take the time to learn the ins and outs of the machine as it will save a lot of frustration and wasted paper in the long run and you will be so happy and confident!! I think that is the best part - once you are comfortable and secure in your ability to guide the machine to do all that you want, you will feel like you can accomplish anything -and you will be able to do just that!!

Good luck!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby caroleg51 » May 2nd, 2014, 6:13 am

Gigi
wow 6 machines! I have had 2 besides the SB.. Of course you are correct about taing my time and really learning the machine. It is such and awesome machne and I want to get the full potential out of it..
OK, I will get a brayer. It makes sense on making sure the paper is down evenly..
many thanks for your help!
Happy cutting
carole
caroleg51

Postby Gigi » May 2nd, 2014, 11:15 am

At least 6!! Just kept upgrading :) LOL

Happy to help - keep us posted on how you are doing. And know we are all here if you need any help!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby caroleg51 » May 2nd, 2014, 12:18 pm

gigi
i just cut out 4 12x12 pages of simple shapes from the scal 3 library, Adjusting the pressure on each page( using different weights of cardstock) each came out perfect! doing a test cut on each page first and adjusting the pressure accordingly to get the right cut. I was thrilled, so I tried to cut another page using a svgcuts file, simple shapes, the file filled the whole page. I set my origin to the bottom right corner as I did on the previous pages but when I went to cut this page part of the top design started to cut out of the 12x12 cutting area at the top of the page.( on the actual matt border) I double checked and the design was inside of the 12x12 matt) Why did it do that? all the others were perfect.
carole
caroleg51

Next

Return to Items For sale