WARRANTIES ON BLACK CAT EQUIPMENT

WARRANTIES ON BLACK CAT EQUIPMENT

Postby sherri » December 29th, 2011, 12:40 pm

We chose to spell out the warranties in this area so buyers/sellers would be fully aware of our policies. All Black Cat machines are covered for 18 months from date of purchase. The first 12 months for parts and repair and the last six months for parts only. The Lynx are covered for 12 months for parts and repair.

When a machine is sold the seller must contact the original retailer to let them know they will be transferring the balance of the warranty so they might list how much warranty is left so the new owner is very clear. They must also let the new owner know who to contact when they receive their machine so that we may change the name on the warranty. If these steps are not taken we will not be responsible for the balance of the warranty.

A STRONG suggestion would be to make sure you insure the package for the full value that you are selling it for. When the new owner gets the machine it must be up and running, if not a claim needs to be made to the shipping agent to cover the cost of the repairs to the machine. We cannot be held responsible for damage in shipping. We will do everything in our power to help in any way we can but we will not repair a machine broken in transit at out expense.

If buyer or seller have ANY questions regarding the transfer of warranty they should ask for the name and email address of the original retailer and contact them directly. Both Dawn and I will again do everything we can to assist you in buying/selling of your machines. We also want all buyers to know you will become a part of the Black Cat family with all the perks just the same as the original owner.

We are also suggesting that you ONLY accept a money order or cashier's check for your machine. We have had someone who sold theirs on ebay and had a bad experience. The people did not know how to run the machine or where to go for help. They were dishonest with paypal by saying the machine arrived broken that they could not get it to work when it was really that they did not take any time to learn the software. We convened and did all we could but paypal required her to give the money back. So be careful....
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Re: WARRANTIES ON BLACK CAT EQUIPMENT

Postby rachellann » December 29th, 2011, 1:01 pm

Thank you Sherri this should clear up alot with questions on warrenty and the transfer of.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby allandra42 » December 29th, 2011, 1:43 pm

This is good information , thanks Sherri!
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Postby kim » December 29th, 2011, 7:31 pm

Good information Sherri!! I've only thought that I had broken mine a couple of times, but, of course, it was ME :ROFLMBO:
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Return to Items For sale