printer recommendation

printer recommendation

Postby cowolter » September 24th, 2020, 9:12 am

Hi.
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I've been trying to get into cards/sticker making.

I don't have too much extra spending money, so I'm looking for an affordable printer to help start this process. I've been watching a lot of youtube tutorials and it looks like a lot of people use Inkjet, so I'm assuming that's where I should start looking. If you know of any decent brands that are budget friendly please feel free to send me your suggestions.
printsbery
Last edited by cowolter on November 5th, 2020, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
cowolter

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar

Re: printer recommendation

Postby Gigi » September 24th, 2020, 9:38 am

It depends what you want to use it for - meaning if you think you might want to do foiling on your images, then you would want a monochrome laser printer. You can get a quality Brother (I still have mine and have been using it for years...) for under $100 - but it will only print black laser. If you want to do color printing and want inkjet, there are a lot of quality inexpensive machines, but the ink does last longer with a color laser. So you just have to weigh out not only the initial expense but the cost of the ink or toner, toner lasting a lot longer. It also matters if you want quality prints, like photos, or simpler printing like clip art etc. HP makes some quality inexpensive printers. I used to like Epson but now use Canon for inkjet and Brother for laser (have a color laser too because I do a lot of printing for work other than crafting.) I would first figure out exactly what you want to print, what media you want to print on (to be sure the printer can handle it - for instance if you want to print on card stock. Most handle the thin cardstock fine, but not all will take the thicker card stock.

I know this isn't a clear answer, but just trying to help you think about all the ways you might use one before you narrow down which one will best suit your needs.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Off Topic