Safari Browser question

Safari Browser question

Postby Gigi » October 15th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

I have a question. I have a new user who cannot access the forum or the Learning Center. She was able to a couple of days ago as she registered for both, but now she just gets a message that says the server cannot open the URL. She has double checked the site and assumed that it was down. I have reassured her that the sites are both up and working and suggested she change her browser and see if she can then access the LC. She is able to open up other sites, so I am guessing it is either Safari or her virus protection or perhaps both?

I am curious if anyone else has had any issues with Safari - good or bad. Thanks for any insight you can share.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Safari Browser question

Postby mmhockeyfan » October 15th, 2016, 7:38 pm

I use Safari exclusively without issues. It's possible that cookies settings, ad blockers, or an extension are causing the issue.
mmhockeyfan

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Postby Gigi » October 15th, 2016, 8:04 pm

I have mentioned all of that to her and am waiting to hear back. I just wanted to know that someone was using it successfully and without issue! Thanks so much!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » October 16th, 2016, 11:37 am

Hey Gigi. Just got back into town from my niece's wedding. There was no cell service available so just saw this. Wanted you to know that I just checked the SB Learning system - used Safari and had no problems logging in or accessing several different areas of the learning center.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2016, 3:38 pm

Thanks Melanie. I still think it has to do with security settings on her computer or something similar since she could get on there initially.

So here is a weird update. She just had two family members try on their iPad, and two different computers - one a MAC and one a PC. That cannot get on either??? Weak signal?? So strange...

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » October 16th, 2016, 7:10 pm

I would have her copy and paste or screen capture to show you the actual URL they are trying to use to verify that it is correct and something not listed wrong. It is not hard to have something missing or mistyped. I use from a Mac, a PC, and my iPad regularly, especially here on the forum. When I am on my Mac or my iPad, I am always using Safari and I don't have any issues ever getting in. Were all the computers, iPads they tried with all in her house using the same modem/internet access point? If so, perhaps for some reason something on their end is blocking it. I would suggest she needs to reach out to her internet service provider, apple support to see if they can help her find her problem/issue since clearly its related to something on her end sounds like since others can access with no issues.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2016, 7:46 pm

They are traveling so when she is home she is going to try again and I am hoping that when she gets home things can be resolved.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply, Melanie. I will share with her when she returns .
Will keep you posted!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby mmhockeyfan » October 16th, 2016, 9:00 pm

I just thought of something else: The user may need to update the operating system and browser as Apple recently issued updates. Also, the user should check firewall settings, if using a firewall, as Safari might be subject to certain rules set within the firewall.
mmhockeyfan

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Yes we have been through all of that, but thank you. I am hoping once she returns home things will somehow settle down and she will be able to get access again. We will see!

Thank you!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Kerlin » October 24th, 2017, 7:54 am

Gigi wrote:Yes we have great results with Har Vokse and been through all of that, but thank you. I am hoping once she returns home things will somehow settle down and she will be able to get access again. We will see!

Thank you!

That's very strange. I hate when issues happen seemingly without a reason like that. I hope it gets resolved.
Kerlin

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Return to Off Topic