A Hello from an absentee forum member!

A Hello from an absentee forum member!

Postby Elizabeth » December 10th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Hello to all of my wonderful forum friends! I hope you are all well and happy.

I was away for so long so that I could fully enjoy the last summer that both of my daughters lived at home. It was a special surprise to have my oldest return for the summer, as we had expected her to work away from home again, and it was the last summer before my youngest headed off for college. Since they have settled in to their new places, the DH and I have been enjoying our new status as empty nesters. Happily, both girls are fairly close to home, and visit often.

I have remained busy with crafting, and make excellent use of my Silver Bullet on an almost daily basis. I am still amazed and surprised by all of its capabilities. As usual at this time of year, I am up to my neck in Christmas projects, and enjoying every minute of it.

I hope you all are having a happy holiday crafting season!

Elizabeth :bighug:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: A Hello from an absentee forum member!

Postby MeFlick » December 10th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Hello Elizabeth. Good to see you here again. Glad you got to spend the summer with your girls. My son graduated HS this year too. My DD, the year before so we too are enjoying our empty nesters status. Both will be home soon though for he holidays! Enjoy your crafting!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby PennyDuncan » December 17th, 2015, 1:14 pm

Well Hello to you too Elizabeth !!! I've been going in and out as well and I'm sure many of us have too.....Between health issues between myself and my hubby I'm prayerfully hoping we're reaching an even keel now and I can get back to my creating as I have been missing it so much!!!!

Sounds like you totally enjoyed your summer...that is awesome!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » December 18th, 2015, 10:10 pm

Hi Mel! Nice to celebrate the end of the semester with the kids, isn't it? Have a wonderful Christmas and winter break with them!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » December 18th, 2015, 10:13 pm

Hi Penny! Sorry to hear you haven't been well. I hope things improve for you soon. I can just imagine how much you miss being able to craft on a regular basis!

Elizabeth

Postby PennyDuncan » December 23rd, 2015, 6:52 am

Thanks so much Elizabeth.....seems like so many of us have been struck with health issues!!! ;/ Mine weren't near as severe as some.....BUT the Lord has carried me through...so I'm blessed and thankful!!!

I worry about our Gigi....she's been in the hospital a long time.... ;( Want her to be able to be home and enjoy her new surroundings........I'm determined to make 2016 a very creative year for me.....I'm tired of being in a slump and am ready to get back to it.

One thing hubby and I decided to do was put me back to a desktop computer with a VERY LARGE monitor....I'm actually using a 32" TV as my monitor so I can see the screen and all the detail I need for creating.....which seems to be working very well for me....I'm SO excited about that alone....I've actually been able to create and made some tags for a special order I had.....they turned out awesome and will be working up a blogpost to share them.....

It's allowed me to fall in love with my Foil Master and Silver Bullet all over again!!!! LOL
PennyDuncan

Postby Elizabeth » December 26th, 2015, 7:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up on Gigi, Penny. I'm sorry to have missed this news. I will be sending good thoughts her way.

Great idea on the big screen for your designing. Sounds like it will be a great help!

Elizabeth

Postby Angel135612 » March 1st, 2016, 5:54 pm

I have been missing in action also. Since it is two months since this thread started. :D Since I have retired, I don't seem to have any time to craft. I am trying to organize my craft room so that I can get to all my supplies for which ever craft project I want to work on, but that isn't working so well. I have more stuff than I know what to do with. LOL

I'm hoping to get back to using my SB again soon... I miss all the fun I had creating with it.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby PennyDuncan » March 7th, 2016, 9:04 am

I understand your struggle Angel135612 Diane....Seems like creativity in my ARTHaven has too come to a screeching halt!!!! Hope it will come back at some point but right now I'm completed absorbed in politics...LOL Hopefully some day soon!!!
PennyDuncan

Postby Prussc » March 10th, 2016, 7:02 pm

Hello all, I too have been away for --yikes I hate to say it--years. But my husband's health has seemed to stabilize, and while he won't get better, we are in a better place. Penny I have so missed your creativity and look forward to reconnecting with everyone, Chris
Prussc

Cutter: BLACKCAT COUGAR 13

Postby PennyDuncan » March 10th, 2016, 7:18 pm

HELLO HELLO HELLO Chris!!!!! Prussc ....sounds like life has taken a toll of so many of us!!!!! Is your hubby's health something you are all able to manage? I actually did play with paper today and yesterday...seems like it's been forever......I just hope the passion continues!!! ;)
PennyDuncan

Postby Gigi » March 10th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Welcome back, Chris. Glad to see you on the forum.

Yes life has taken a lot of us down different roads of late but it's nice to have a place to come return and check in! Have fun enjoying your creating again.

I just got to your email about forum logging in but it looks like you are doing ok and figured it out. If you have any other issues, just lmk. Good to see you.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Prussc » March 12th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Thanks for all the help getting started...As to my DH--Shelly--he is on a new regime for Alz. and holding his own. I'm still working, but getting close to considering retirement maybe in 2 or 3 years--LOL, as if I could stand to be not working, but if I get back into all this I think I will have plenty to keep my mind occupied. How are your grandbabies?
Prussc

Cutter: BLACKCAT COUGAR 13

Return to Off Topic