Update on me...

Re: Update on me...

Postby Angel135612 » September 30th, 2014, 3:24 pm

That's it, I will pretend I just bought new crafting supplies, and I need to find a place to put them. They just came into the house in a box instead of a bag. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:

But before I can start unpacking my craft supplies, I have to unpack the dining room and kitchen stuff. Should be able to get most of that done tomorrow on my day off... Then I can work on my craft supplies as I have the time.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » September 30th, 2014, 4:16 pm

LOL.......If it makes it more exciting then why not right??? LOL ;)
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » October 2nd, 2014, 6:31 pm

We could probably all save some money with your method Diane! I think I'll go pack a box tonight. :ROFLMBO:

I'm pretty sure you would get no arguments here if you decide that the craft supplies come before the kitchen and dining room on your priority list.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby MeFlick » October 2nd, 2014, 7:07 pm

Elizabeth wrote:We could probably all save some money with your method Diane! I think I'll go pack a box tonight. :ROFLMBO:

I'm pretty sure you would get no arguments here if you decide that the craft supplies come before the kitchen and dining room on your priority list.

Well - i probably don't need to even go pack and then unpack a box - just go in and look through my storage cubbies, cabinets, shelves, etc. and I am sure I would be "surprised" at some of the "new" tools I have forgotten I have! ;) :ROFLMBO: Would help if I could spend any time actually in there being productive/creative! Right now I am mainly just living my creative life vicariously through others on the forums and blogs! :cry: When we were building our house - one of the reasons we were building was so I could have my craft room. The joke was though I only put in the kitchen and the dining room for "resale" value! :ROFLMBO:
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Angel135612 » October 3rd, 2014, 7:11 pm

LOL MeFlick... I can relate to that about putting a kitchen and dining room for resale value.

I still haven't finished unpacking all the stuff for the dining room. Although I did make a rather large dent in it on my last day off. I hope to get the rest of it this weekend, as Dan will be gone on Sunday going out to shoot pictures of the leaves that should be turning. (Although I'm not sure if they have even started to turn yet). But it will get him out of the house for a few hours. After all the work he has put into the house, he deserves it, and it will give me a few hours to get some things done around the house with out him being around.

I still need to figure out where I'm going to be putting stuff. We got rid of some storage area, so now I need to either get rid of stuff, or find another place to store it (I'm not talking about my crafting stuff either), and then remember where I put it when I go to look for it the next time.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » October 4th, 2014, 7:15 am

So we can agree that the "Eat, Sleep, Craft" tee shirts can be shortened to "Sleep, Craft"?
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Elizabeth

Postby Gigi » October 4th, 2014, 10:03 am

LOL Elizabeth!! :ROFLMBO:
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » November 16th, 2014, 7:53 pm

YEAH!!!!!! I only have 2 working days left (Nov 17 and 18) then I am using my extra days of sick leave until my official retirement day. I think they are going to be the longest two days of my career!!!

The house is pretty much back together. There may be a few things that still need to be done, but I have been working on my craft room. I bought 5 five shelf bookcases, and got the last two together today. I think I have decided where I want all the furniture, so shouldn't be moving it around much. I have about half the boxes unpacked, mostly my fabric and sewing stuff. I will still be putting some shelves on one of the walls, for more storage (I don't think you can ever have too much storage space) in the days to come. I can't wait to get things to a point where I could actually start to craft, even if everything isn't unpacked yet.

I signed up for a class this coming Saturday to learn Free Motion Quilting. I have been wanting to start taking some classes for my quilting for ages, but my work schedule always got in the way. So now I'm going to start taking advantage of my time off. It is going to be an adjustment, not having to get up and go to work every morning, but I think I'm up to the task. :ROFLMBO: :D :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » November 16th, 2014, 9:51 pm

So excited for you, Diane! I was thinking that your last day would be soon. Enjoy every minute of your well deserved retirement! You have earned it!!!!!

If you get a long arm machine, I just might start quilting again, and send my tops to you for finishing. Your retirement may not last long!!!

Elizabeth

Postby Gigi » November 16th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Glad you are already planning out your free time to do what you have wanted to do. You have talked about wanting to get into quilting for a long time, so that will be great fun.

Speaking of classes, I am going to take a Zentangle class and am looking forward to incorporating that technique into card making. I won't tell you how many idea books I have on it, but I feel overwhelmed and just cannot seem to get started, so am really excited about having a few lessons so I can start to learn and understand the intricacies of it cuz I love how it looks.

I am excited for you, Diane. You have worked hard to reach this well deserved retirement and hopefully you can enjoy every step of this new journey! HAVE FUN!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » November 17th, 2014, 12:33 am

Thanks Elizabeth and Gigi...I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to more, not having to get up and go to work every morning, or being able to do what ever I want, when ever I want. LOL I just wish our weather would have held out a few more days. I could have done with out the cold temps, but at least we didn't get a lot of snow yet, so it could have been worse.

Elizabeth, If I do find a way to get a long arm in my room, I had thought about quilting other peoples quilts to make a little money, so I will let you know if I do get one. I would need to make a lot more quilts to make it worthwhile to get a LA, so doing other peoples would help justify the purchase... LOL
Angel135612

Postby MeFlick » November 17th, 2014, 9:01 am

Congratulations Diane - once you see this - you should probably be down to 1 day left (assuming of course that you are not so addicted to the MB that you have to check 1st thing in the morning before you go to work! ;)) That is so exciting. I did think - bummer - that the weather didn't hold out just a little longer for you! But I guess you can suck it up for 2 days! :ROFLMBO: I look forward to seeing some pics of your new updated crafting space. Always looking for ideas and I am thinking I need to do some updating and moving some stuff around (my DH would probably say I need to do some cleaning OUT! :ROFLMBO: )

Long arm quilting - does sound neat BUT I will try not to go there! I do look forward to hearing more about what you learn in your class and how you liked it though! ;)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Angel135612 » November 19th, 2014, 8:05 am

Yeah!!!! I made it through the last two days. Only had to work overtime on Monday... Tuesday the mail volume was light enough I got off in 8 hours. The weather on Tuesday was warm, up in the 40's, so that made it nice. A few of my friends that have already retired met me for lunch on Tuesday, it was nice to see them, and now I can meet them for lunch when ever we all want to get together. Dan showed up at lunch with a cake and then had a few things for me at home to celebrate.
My first day of retirement, I wake up before my alarm would have gone off... I think it is going to take me awhile to get used to being able to sleep in. :ROFLMBO: I'm not sure it has sunk in yet that I'm retired... for now, it just feels like I have a few days off of work. Maybe after being off for a month it may hit me. :)
Now to get my room into shape, so I can start crafting again... I need to make something... not sure what, just want to create.
Angel135612

Postby MeFlick » November 19th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy all your freedom and get that room ready to craft! No doubt it will take you some time to adjust to your new "schedule" - hopefully you can learn to sleep in if you want. Some people I know never did learn to - others I know said - sleep in - why would I want to - now I can do whatever I want and I have too much to do to sleep in! ;) Glad you and your friends could have lunch and cake together to celebrate. Very nice of Dan to set that up for you! Enjoy your free time and may you do all the crafting you want!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Angel135612 » November 19th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Thanks MeFlick.... I don't think I will be doing much sleeping in.... too many things I want to do already, and I will probably be staying up later than I used to do also. :D My problem is deciding on what project I want to start working on first... that is after I get all my stuff unpacked. I know it's going to take me awhile to get everything organized, and I will probably be moving things around for quite awhile before I get them where I want them... but I want to get things to a point where I can start working on some crafting, and be able to find my supplies when I do. Nothing worse than starting a project and knowing you have the supplies, but can't find them.
Angel135612

Postby Elizabeth » November 19th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Congrats, Diane! You did it!!!!

I would recommend starting with a small project to get back into the swing of things and get the creative juices flowing.

Elizabeth

Postby PennyDuncan » November 23rd, 2014, 8:20 pm

WAHOOOOOOO Diane!!!Congrats on being offically retired!!Super excited for you...so wish it was me! ;)
PennyDuncan

Postby Suzan » November 24th, 2014, 1:44 pm

We have been in our house 1 year and 2 months, and I am still organizing unpacking and moving things around. In fact just got a new bedroom dresser so the old one is now going in the craft room to house vinyl, flock and stones with the wide format printer and my bullet.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Angel135612 » December 8th, 2014, 6:34 pm

Well, I have been "offically" retired now for a week, and loving every minute of it. I think today I actually slept in until :gasp: 7:30, but then I was up later than I would have normally been... LOL.

We took a trip for 9 days, leaving the day before Thanksgiving, out to San Fransisco and back, stopping in Las Vegas both ways, and a few stops between home and Vegas each way. We had planned the trip to San Fransisco before I made the decision to retire, to go to their Dickens Festival at the Cow Palace. But after I decided to retire, we added a few extra stops on the way out and back. We had a great time on our trip, and it was nice to just relax for awhile.

I am still working on setting up my craft room, and I think I just about have my sewing area to the point if I actually wanted to do some sewing, I would be able to do it with out searching for everything I need. I still need to work on the Paper Crafting side of the room and get that all organized.

I do have most of my boxes unpacked, and now it is more just getting everything organized so I have room for it all. I'm trying to get like things together, so when I need something I can see all the items I have for that "thing" ie, all my markers or inkpads etc., and to put them on my shelves or containers where they don't waste a lot of space. I keep telling myself, that I don't need to get rid of anything, I just need to get better organized. But I may have to purge some things just to have enough room for everything. I would rather start crafting and start using up what I have been buying rather than just getting rid of it... but we shall see what happens. I still have some boxes in our utility room, that I need to bring into my craft room... can't even move around in there, and that is where my washer and dryer are. Have a little path to get to those, but that is about it, so that room needs a good cleaning out as well. I have some narrow shelves in there, that I have stored spray paint on, that is so old I'm not sure it would spray any longer, and I'm thinking that would be a perfect place to put all my jars and bottles of liquid glues or other mediums I have bought to use for my crafting. (I don't have any place to put them in my craft room, so I think that will work, just a short walk to the other room.. no stairs to climb... LOL) Plus if I get my utility room cleaned up, I may be able to store other things in there, that I don't NEED to have right at my finger tips.

I plan on spending more time back here now that I'm not working... and at least check in daily, and hopefully be able to answer some questions now and then. Not sure when I will actually start "crafting" again, as I want to get things a bit more organized first, so won't have anything to share for awhile.
Angel135612

Postby PennyDuncan » December 9th, 2014, 8:05 am

Congratulations....I'm so jealous!!! LOL Sure wish it was me who was retired!!! But I still have several years before that transpires....but I can hope anyway!!!! I would be having a blast organizing!! LOL I'm sick that way!!
PennyDuncan

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic