Thieves Oil

Thieves Oil

Postby kim » June 11th, 2014, 5:01 pm

Okay, I am not a health nut but neither am I one to pass up something natural over medications. While doing some research on how to get rid of cigarette smoke out of a house (long story, but my grandmothers house that I have been remodeling is full of not only cigarette smoke, but some other smells as well), I came across something called "Thieves Oil". Not only can it get rid of smells, but it is actually a natural antiviral/antibacterial oil. As I have aged, I seem to be getting allergies and it affects my eyes really bad. My eyes look like pink eye, although not contagious, but get blood red and I can't focus without extreme pain. And this can last for a long time unless I get some steriod eyedrops. And this happens very often. So when I read about the thieves oil, I had an aha moment. Maybe I can use this to help prevent some of my allergies, at least the inflammation.

Has anyone else heard of this stuff? What are your thoughts? I figure if it helps the allergy eyes and I don't have to make a trip to the doctor, it will be worth it.

BTW.....it really has gotten the smoke smell out of the house. Not covering up the smell.....gets rid of. I just got my brother a diffuser and some of the oil....he smokes in the house and I think this will help his apartment smell better.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Re: Thieves Oil

Postby Angel135612 » June 11th, 2014, 5:47 pm

Kim,Thieves is a mix of different Essential Oils, and they do work. I don't have allergies, so I don't know how they would help you with those, but for cleaning and making things smell good.. they work wonders. I use lavender EO on my skin when I get breakouts, and it clears them up in hours. Thieves is a blend of different EOs that have the properties you mentioned). You could buy individual EOs, and make your own blends, for different purposes. EOs aren't cheap, but you don't need much for them to work well. A few drops is usually all it takes, so the small bottles last quite a while, if you keep them in a dark place (don't put them out on a window sill where the sun can get to them). But if you don't want to make your own blends, then buying the blended oils is a good idea. Personally, I perfer to buy individual EOs and make my own blends when I need them.

I even use EOs (Rosemary and Lavender) in my hair to help make it smooth and shiney. I put a few drops in a small spray bottle, add some Apple Cider Vinegar and water and then just spray 5 to 6 spritz after I wash my hair. I leave it in and let my hair air dry when ever possible.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Thieves Oil

Postby kim » June 11th, 2014, 8:37 pm

Thanks Diane! I did buy the individual EOs and made my own. I made one batch to wear and one batch to diffuse. I really like how it made the house smell better and get rid of the smoke and whatever smell. So far, so good on the allergies. :)
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Return to Off Topic