Carlsbad Fires

Carlsbad Fires

Postby Suzan » May 14th, 2014, 4:53 pm

Gigi, are you ok. Just saw on MSN about fires burning in Carlsbad. Please try to keep us updated and stay safe with those puppies.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Re: Carlsbad Fires

Postby Gigi » May 14th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Thanks Suzan......... am ok but it's super scary. 30 homes have been lost in Carlsbad already and the winds are whipping it everywhere. It's right by where I used to live before I moved back here to Oceanside. There are now 6 fires burning in the area - 2 in Camp Pendleton, 1 in Fallbrook, 1 in Carlsbad, 1 in Bonsall (east) and now 1 in Oceanside north east of here. It is horrible with the one in Carlsbad being the worst because so many homes and neighborhoods are threatened. Have a lot of friends who have been evacuated. 23,000 were called to evacuate. This is just so frightening. It's May! We usually don't see fires like this until October and then it's maybe one...... not many. Worried about what the summer holds.........
Thanks for checking - I am fine - just worried about my friends....... it's awful.......the air is gray in every direction.......
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Suzan » May 14th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Thank goodness, you are safe, praying for all.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Thyme » May 14th, 2014, 5:32 pm

Stay safe, will be thinking of you
Thyme

Postby Barbara » May 14th, 2014, 5:53 pm

Stay safe Gigi.
Barbara

Postby Gigi » May 14th, 2014, 5:56 pm

All is well here - thank you. :grouphug:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby jobab » May 14th, 2014, 7:42 pm

Please keep safe Gigi
jobab

Cutter: Silver Bullet,Silhouette Cameo,cougar

Postby Gigi » May 14th, 2014, 8:38 pm

I am...... thank you. there were, at one time, 10 fires burning in San Diego County. Worst are in Carlsbad, a relatively new one in San Marcos by a university that has been evacuated and a heavily populated area, one off an interstate - it is just unbelievable. The news channels have done nothing but cover all of the fires since late this morning. I understand there are fires all over LA county as well. I cannot ever remember fires all over like this......... hoping the winds die down..... it is just devastating....... I ache for the people who have lost homes and businesses....

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » May 15th, 2014, 5:49 am

Wish I could send some of our cool damp air your way, Gigi. I will send love and good thoughts instead. Hope all is under control soon, and that the losses are as minimal as possible.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MeFlick » May 15th, 2014, 7:34 am

Hope the winds die down and they can get some control over the fires. Will say a prayer for those affected.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Sassycutter » May 15th, 2014, 8:36 am

Keeping you and everyone in the area in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. Stay safe!
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby Gigi » May 15th, 2014, 9:41 am

Thank you all for your caring and love. The winds have died down a little today, but they are still saying that it will be another rough day and a record breaker heat wise. Ugh. The latest fire in San Marcos is 0% contained - you have probably seen it on the national news as unfortunately it is news when there are 9 active wildfires burning. Gratefully Carlsbad is 60% contained. All of the schools in the county are closed today and possibly tomorrow. the damage in Carlsbad alone is 22.5 million. Yikes. It's just staggering.

As silly as this sounds, I was happy that Fox decided to break away and carry American Idol last night as I needed a break from the 24/7 coverage! All of the other local channels have been on the fires constantly. I appreciate knowing what is going on, but it starts wearing away at your spirit after a while. And to watch homes slowly burn to the ground - it feels so intrusive and so unbelievably sad. I cannot even imagine.

We are all hoping for a better day today, but if the winds change........ all bets are off. Today should be the last of the difficult days. We are all hoping and praying.

Will keep you posted but most of Oceanside is safe right now...

xoxo

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kim » May 16th, 2014, 6:01 pm

I have been worried about you and praying for you. So glad you are okay for the moment, but just remember to stay safe and get out of there if it looks like it is heading your way. I feel sorry for those that have lost homes and businesses, but those are not near as important as lives. Just praying the fires get under control before too long.....saw where the Carlsbad fire was only 5% contained last night. Super scary......
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Gigi » May 16th, 2014, 8:20 pm

All is ok here, Kim - thank you. Carlsbad is 85 % contained now - think you maybe have gotten confused with the San Marcos/Escondido fire - that is at 5-10 %. This morning a third fire broke out at Camp Pendleton - the second one that broke out yesterday there was 4000 acres last night and this morning it was up to 8000 acres. My kids in Orange County said the sky is black up there and they had to keep the school kids in today because of the poor air quality - everything is now blowing east and north. :( So glad the marine layer returns tomorrow , even more on Sunday and back in the 60s on Monday - thank goodness! There are still 4 fires out of control - I think. A lot of base housing has been evacuated. I have just been counting my blessings.

Thank you all for caring. Could be a long hot dangerous summer....

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kim » May 17th, 2014, 1:36 pm

I probably was confused.....there are so many fires going on at the same time and it is just unbelievable watching the news. Some flames look like little tornados reaching up. I cannot even imagine the terror. The one time I was in CA during a fire, we were driving between two hills. THe smoke was unreal and I was terrified. Turned out it was a little fire and nothing really to worry about, but I can still remember the terror of getting caught between the two hills with no where else to go. To have these massive fires and so many of them, I just pray that the only loss is property. Hey, if you need to, you can come to Louisiana!!!! We don't have any fires.....just a tornado or two and maybe a hurricane!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Return to Off Topic