Just a little update on DS and his training

Just a little update on DS and his training

Postby kim » March 19th, 2014, 4:25 pm

Well, 36 days til graduation from AIT (where he trains for his MOS...combat medic). He has done all the really hard stuff....classroom learning and has started the field training. I think he is having fun. Saw a pic of one of the "dummies" that they worked on. The guy had a head wound, two black eyes and a smile. Why would the dummy have a smile? :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: He passed his NREMT first try!!!! That is the National Registry for Emergency Medical Technicians.

He has also been selected for Airborne and after he has passed all the physicals for Airborne (apparently more stringent than regular Army), he will go to Airborne school after he graduates for Combat Medic.

I talked to him the other night and he has started to save for retirement. I almost fell out on the floor when he told me that! You just don't know how many hours I have prayed for this child and that he would grow up. He was always doing stupid stuff without thinking. Really juvenile stunts. Now he is thinking about his future...not just saving but also what he wants to do in life.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Re: Just a little update on DS and his training

Postby Suzan » March 19th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Isn't it awesome when you child makes that turn in life. Doing a happy dance.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby LisaH » March 19th, 2014, 5:38 pm

How awesome, Kim.

My 2 brothers were Airborne...82nd...and at the end of their 4 years were given the opportunity to go Ranger, but both decided to come out. ;)
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kim » March 19th, 2014, 5:45 pm

so, Lisa, does that mean that my son and your brothers will be brothers? then that would make you my daughter! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: Yes, I have to say that God has answered my prayers and my son is truly becoming a young man. One that I am so proud of.
kim

Postby LisaH » March 19th, 2014, 5:56 pm

:bighug: Hi Mom! :ROFLMBO:
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » March 20th, 2014, 8:56 am

I can tell how proud you are of him, Kim, and no wonder! How amazing for you to see him mature so quickly.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » March 20th, 2014, 5:59 pm

I was going to bring up the topic of saving for retirement to him but didn't think he would really go for it. LOL....the young don't think about things like that. I was so shocked when he told me that he was contributing to a plan.....19 years old and he is finally taking charge of his life and his momma isn't having to hold his hand and take him through everything. What a relief!

Now if I can get hubby to grow up! :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: I am so used to handling the "paperwork" and serious issues and organizing everyone. At least now I can maybe let go of one of the apron strings.

And since he seemed to be floundering and having no direction in his life, I am so happy that he now is finding his course in life. I can't give the Army ALL the credit tho. His girlfriend is wonderful. She is really grounded and has a great head on her shoulders. She is only 18 but very mature and responsible. I hope the two of them make it through these next four years....her going to college and him in the Army.

Crafting was my stress relief and I used it to "wait" until DS came home, or when I was just stressed. Now I can craft for the pure enjoyment of it.
kim

Return to Off Topic