Went to my first Crop

Went to my first Crop

Postby kim » February 10th, 2014, 1:41 pm

and boy was I not prepared! I thought I was taking alot but obviously I am a novice. Some ladies had several carriers/totes/etc. One had little shelves that she could store her stuff on the table. I really need to rethink what I take next time. LOL.

Oh how I dearly would have loved taking my SB, but had to take the Cameo. Some wanted to see it at work. One lady was asking if it would cut tin. LOL....you know I had to bring up the SB. The lady next to me had a Cricut but she likes the cartridges and DOES NOT do software or computers.

I got some Valentine cards done but now have to finish them up. I need to make the sentiments, etc with my foiler, etc. I got a lot done but then again, I was hoping to get even more done. Just felt lost without all my stuff. I am hoping to do this again next year and I will hopefully be better prepared.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Re: Went to my first Crop

Postby Sassycutter » February 10th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Ha!! A friend and I attended our first crop several years ago. We were novices and had just begun accumulating our scrapbooking/card making supplies. We were also "unprepared" with our few supplies. We just walked around in awe and amazement and looked at everyone's "stuff". Our husbands had been razzing us about all the crafting supplies we were acquiring. Well...when we got home that evening we told our husbands how "lucky" they were!! We didn't have half the stuff those women had carried in to crop for one day! :ROFLMBO: We have since gone back to the same crop several times but we don't even pretend to crop now. We take a few prepared cards to assemble or whatever, but mostly we look at what everyone else is doing, snack, and talk. We have a wonderful time each year.
So much paper, so little time....
Sassycutter

Cutter: 13" Black Cat and Foilmaster

Postby kim » February 10th, 2014, 5:54 pm

Yep....I was so unprepared. The amount of stuff that those ladies take is unbelievable. The lady next door was using a brush marker (glitter) called "Wink of Stella". They are like Stickles but dry faster. And she told me of a local scrapbooking store that I had never heard of. YAY!!!! There are no stores around here other Michaels, Hobby Lobby and a very undersized JoAnn's, so it was great to hear of a good scrapbooking store.
kim

R<e: Went to my first Crop

Postby Elizabeth » February 10th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Sounds like fun! I would have to have a few carefully planned projects, with all of my supplies hand picked for just those. Too overwhelming, otherwise. I have never done a crop, either. If we ever have the Black Cat/Silver Bullet get together that we dream of, I will be there! Probably won't even bring anything, cause I know I will just be talking the whole time anyway, LOL!

Terrific that you found a new store! We just have the chains, too.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » February 10th, 2014, 6:10 pm

I went with my niece. It was a fundraiser for a local foster child organization that the church sponsors. There was a silent auction. I took my laptop, Cameo, and Sara asked me to bring my printer. Then had to have the paper trimmer, scoreboard, glue gun, heat gun, and numerous other "have to" tools. Not much left over for paper and stuff. LOL. I did take basic paper and already cut out PNC stuff for Valentines. I kept my stuff pretty simple. I decided to work only on Valentines. Problem was that I was used to having a large space to keep all my stuff. I didn't have that kind of space to "spread out". I know what I need to bring with me the next time......and I did get one thing from the silent auction. I got a glass ginger jar. It had some stuff inside which I didn't care what it was....I just wanted the jar. LOL. Will use it in my craft room. They had a lot of neat stuff but most I would have to go back to Shreveport to get and didn't want to do that. Some other stuff (the Mardi Gras door wreath) was gorgeous but I don't need to get more things like that....I need to get rid of some of what I have. I paid a fortune for the ginger jar but the money went to a great cause.....so I have a very expensive ginger jar. LOL.
kim

Return to Off Topic