Happy Good Day, Everyone!

Re: Happy Good Day, Everyone!

Postby kim » February 7th, 2014, 11:47 am

I gave the bulk of my quilting fabric to a friend. I just hated seeing it in the attic and didn't want it to ruin, so after many, many, many years, I finally gave it away. LOL. As you all know, that was a very difficult thing to do. The problem with quilting is that you need alot of room to set up the frame. My SIL does it with a little hoop.....that just hurts my back. I wanted one of those floor frames. But then I went on to other crafts......

Have fun Diane! And, yes, that was my first thought when DS said that he MIGHT get stationed in Colorado Springs! I would absolutely have to come visit him and "meet" you!!! I was so excited but since we haven't any official word yet and, as we all know, the world can change at any time, so even when they give the "tentative duty station", the key word is "tentative". Besides, these kids are dropping like flies out of the program. If they don't make the grade, they are out. As far as I know, 25% are gone now and they are only 1/3 through the program. At this rate, they will be no one left to graduate! But believe me, as soon as he graduates and gets official word of his duty station and if it is Colorado Springs, you will be one of the first to know. LOL.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Elizabeth » February 7th, 2014, 2:19 pm

:ROFLMBO: Diane! I would, but my girls like having it at their disposal. They are always running down to my sewing room and helping themselves! Not that I mind! I actually love having crafty girls. During Christmas vacation, I surprised my youngest by telling her to help herself to any of my wool that she wants to spin. Up until then, I had been a bit careful of it, but I would rather have her get some enjoyment out of it than continue to hoard it.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MeFlick » February 7th, 2014, 8:40 pm

When I was a freshman in college. my family's home "burned". Fortunately, no one was home thus no injuries. It did not "burn to the ground" but everything was totaled due to the smoke and water damage. Not sure any of you have ever had to make a major loss claim with your insurance company but it is a PIA! you have to try to account for EVERYTHING. That was the one benefit to it not burning to the ground. Much easier to do. My mother had a TON of fabric, patterns, and such. I forget how much but it was a TON. My dad laughed and said it was a good thing the claims adjuster could come and SEE for himself otherwise they would never have believed it (unless of course his mother or wife had been a sewer/quilter of course!)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Elizabeth » February 7th, 2014, 9:00 pm

That must have been horrible, Mel. We should all take videos of the interior of our homes for loss adjustment purposes. I have no excuse for not doing so, as a former insurance underwriter. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. Really need to vacuum first. :hide:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » February 7th, 2014, 9:42 pm

That is terrible! My dad took pics of all of their contents and then gave me a copy. I am afraid that I haven't done the same. Well, I do have pics of every room, just not the "stuff". But my mom was a collector of sorts. She has a ton of stuff from Germany, Italy, and Asia. Her fav was her collection of Hummels. She loved to talk to them because "they wouldn't talk back". LOL....meaning I would.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Previous

Return to Off Topic