Just an update on my ankle

Just an update on my ankle

Postby kim » January 17th, 2014, 7:45 pm

Went to the doctor today and I am off crutches. Took the cast off several weeks ago and I have a brace, but I can now dispense with the crutches and put all my weight on my foot. Still slow going as I haven't been using my foot for so long and have to get used to walking again....but I am thrilled that I will now get to walk normally. No rehab since I am doing so well, but he did recommend that I still wear the brace when walking on uneven ground or when I may be in danger of something hitting my foot. So what does this mean???? I get to start crafting again!!!!
First I will have to clean up and organize my craft room since I have been dumping things I have ordered online all over my craft room.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Re: Just an update on my ankle

Postby PennyDuncan » January 17th, 2014, 7:55 pm

Wahooooooooooooooooooo!!! That is AWESOME news Kim!!! I'm thrilled for you......Hope you can find some time for creating this weekend!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Angel135612 » January 17th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Kim, So glad to hear you are doing much better.... and that you can start crafting again!!!! Just don't over do it, and take care of yourself.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Elizabeth » January 18th, 2014, 1:10 am

Terrific news, Kim! Thanks for the update.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MeFlick » January 18th, 2014, 11:06 am

Glad to hear you are doing better and can start crafting again. Look forward to seeing what you are doing. So, sounds like since you were "laid up" while your foot healed you were doing LOTS of online shopping since you said you had been "dumping things" in your craft room from your online shopping! ;) :D
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby rachellann » January 18th, 2014, 12:02 pm

sounds great. but do as they say with the brace as with ankles can get turned and re-broke or cracked easily on uneven ground. I know LOL I didn't listed as well as I should of when I broke mine.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby kim » January 18th, 2014, 7:06 pm

I am most definitely taking it easy!!! I don NOT want to rebreak my ankle and so have been walking on eggshells around the house. LOL. I am still organizing my craft room. I have too much of Tim Holtz's stuff and need to find a better way to find them when I want them (all the metal stuff). And, yes, I spent way too much time shopping online. I also have a ton of Halloween stuff and Christmas stuff that I got, hoping to do some things with it but then got laid up. So they need a new home where I don't have to dig them out until I need them.

Good news is that I get to go to church tomorrow!!!! I have missed going, but the crutches didn't work well on wet concrete and so I haven't even tried going to church. That and the uneven parking lot. If I could have just been transported from the car to the inside of the church, I would have been fine. It is the trip from the car to the inside of the church that was the problem.

Rachellann, How is Travis doing? I was glad to see you post as I have been most anxous to hear how he is doing. Unless I somehow missed an earlier post!
kim

Postby LisaH » January 19th, 2014, 7:45 pm

Whoop-whoop!!! So very happy for you, Kim.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby tamihowse » January 19th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Kim, I say you're not allowed to do any housework. Only crafting. The end. Fondly, Tami
tamihowse

Cutter: 24" Cougar

Postby kim » January 19th, 2014, 8:47 pm

My ankle is not strong enough for housework or cooking. :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
kim

Return to Off Topic