Update on DS at Basic Training

Re: Update on DS at Basic Training

Postby kim » December 15th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Haha. In 53 years, this is my first broken bone. I haven't even had a sprain. I got DS's crutches since I had sewn sheepskin covers for the tops. It makes it easier on the armpits. THe balance thing is the most difficult. When young, I could balance on one leg with no problem. Things have changed...LOL. Just thankful that the doctor told me Friday that I get out of the cast on the 27th and will have a brace. Hopefully that will enable me to get into the craft room. Hardest part is that when I am sitting up, my foot swells and it is so painful. If I lay down with my foot elevated, I have no problems. But try to do anything while laying down. That means no computer. :( I quit taking the pain pills after a few days when it came to the pain in the ankle. The swelling makes me have to take a pain pill every so often....just try to not take more than one or two a day/night. Even though the pain pills don't have codeine (I think I might be allergic to codeine), I still don't like to take them. Good thing is I don't get that fuzzy feeling when I do take them. I can just see myself being "high" and walking on crutches. LOL...not a good thought.

I ordered some "bling" transfers that have "Army" and a couple of LSU Tigers stuff. Can't wait to iron them on shirts when I get back on my feet. I didn't try to make these as there are so many colors and sizes of rhinestones and rhinestuds that I would never get it done myself. Not to mention buying all the rhinestones/rhinestuds would cost a small fortune. I found them for about $5 a piece....so I couldn't beat that price. Was hoping to have them done by Xmas, but they will just have to wait. And I really should have done my Xmas cards before Thanksgiving, but I procrastinated because I had other things to do. I think I will go ahead and do them in the next couple of months and have them ready for next year. Have you seen the price of store bought cards lately? You can pay $5 for a card. For a box, it can get $25 for a box of 12 or so. And it doesn't have that personal touch of our handmade ones.

Lisa, your son picked the toughest branch of the military. Their basic lasts longer and is tougher than any other. Army comes next in line. But as I am sure you already know, it is this that will prepare him. I think the tougher, the better. Some parents were writing on the FB page as if their soldier was going to summer camp and complained about some of the tough conditions. Let me know how things go with him!!!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Previous

Return to Off Topic