Why I haven't been on the forum!

Why I haven't been on the forum!

Postby kim » October 17th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Well, as many of you know, DS joined the Army and he is now in Basic Training. The company has a FB page where they post pics and updates on what is going on. Plus someone made a group FB page for us family members. I have been stalking those pages and the mailman for letters.

So, the update to what DS is doing and saying....he loves the food. Every letter mentions how much he likes the food. He has a hairline fracture in his shin and is on crutches. He landed wrong coming off a big wall. Several have been sent home to recuperate from fractures and some have been sent home for health issues (one has a heart problem). I don't know if DS has had his physical yet, but hopefully he will be okay. He is tired all the time and there isn't much time to write letters. He is enjoying himself, but mentioned that he thought he was in shape before Basic (he was working out and trying to get in really good shape) but he is now in better shape! He sent a pic via text when he got his first phone priviledge and he was bald! I just hope he makes it through to graduation!

Graduation is set for the day before Thanksgiving and you know me....I have to do something crafty to celebrate the day. I wanted to etches glasses for the grads but can you imagine the weight of all those glasses? Well, I settled on a photo mat for a 4x6 photo to fit into a 8x10 frame. I designed one for each platoon (there are 3 platoons) and will give one to each grad. I thought I would have to make about 150 but after a count of the "soldiers in training", I have 210 to make! I will take pics of everything once I get everything done. I made a shirt for DS's girlfriend and me to wear. I ordered more mats from Sherri so i could do an assembly line cutting. And I am still waiting on the background cardstock to come in.

So besides my normal busy schedule of renovating a house and the myriads of other little things that I have to do, I have added even more stuff to do. What was I thinking? But it helps me to keep my sanity while DS is at Basic.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Re: Why I haven't been on the forum!

Postby MeFlick » October 17th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Wow Kim, you will be one busy lady with all that cutting! It will definitely keep your mind occupied while DS is finishing up his basic training. Sounds like he is working hard and enjoying it as best a soldier in training can enjoy that! Good to hear he likes the food - may be because they are working him so hard any food would be good! ;) Thank him for his service for all of us! I appreciate him volunteering to join the armed services. I will say an extra prayer for his safety and completion of his training!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » October 17th, 2013, 8:50 pm

Wow Kim is right!!! What a journey you and your son are on. So glad he is doing well as far as the food is concerned, but so sorry to hear about the fracture :( Hope he feels much better soon.

Good luck with all that you have undertaken!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kmmhug » October 17th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Wow you are brave. I can not imagine making that many. I am sure they will love them!
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby LisaH » October 18th, 2013, 7:06 am

Kim, my sincerest well wishes and thank you(s) to both of you. Him for his bravery and pride of country, and you for your devotion and just being "Mom". So sorry to hear of the fracture, hopefully it will heal quickly and he can continue on his journey.

Now, woman...210??!! You need an assistant! LOL You might need to recruit that niece you tell us is so crafty... ;)

God Bless you both!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Suzan » October 18th, 2013, 8:23 am

That is awesome Kim, So proud your son is serving our country to protect us all. But I don't see how I could do 210 frames. EESH that is a lot.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby PennyDuncan » October 18th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Oh WOW!!! That is awesome Kim...you're going to be so tuckered out by the time the 2 of you get to Graduation!!! ;) I'm super proud of him mom.....as it's clear you are and should be!!! That is wonderful....I do hope his hairline fracture heals well and quickly!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Retta » October 18th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Thank you all!!! You raises a sin to serve and to him for serving!! I bet they will all live your gift!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Elizabeth » October 18th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Kim, you are a dynamo! I don't know how you do it. I hope that leg heals quickly, so that he can get back to training. I'm sure you and your DH will be bursting with pride at the graduation. The frames sound wonderful. I'm sure all of those new soldiers will really appreciate them.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Off Topic