Moving

Moving

Postby Suzan » October 3rd, 2013, 8:34 am

Bryan and I made the decision about a month ago to move out of Palm Springs, to an area called Morongo Valley. It is about 20 miles from Palm Springs, and very rural quiet, peaceful and serene. The great news is we found a house we love and got it. We will be moving up there in the next couple of weeks. We are so very excited, in so many ways. The property is a nice size, and the kids will be bringing up their quads and stuff to ride, And off the master bedroom is a huge craft room, with it's own seperate entrance out onto the back patio, It has lots of natural light and will be perfect. I hate the idea of having to pack. But can't wait to get up there.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Re: Moving

Postby PennyDuncan » October 3rd, 2013, 8:48 am

Congratulations!!! Sounds wonderful!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » October 3rd, 2013, 8:57 am

Sounds perfect, Suzan. I so agree with you on the packing - ugh! But am sure it will all be worth it. Congratulations!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Elizabeth » October 3rd, 2013, 9:00 am

Congrats, Suzan! Your new home sounds wonderful. Best of luck with the move!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby pigtailpat » October 3rd, 2013, 5:08 pm

Usually, in a move, the kitchen is the first to get packed up, and in the new place, unpacked.

Sounds like with you, it'll be the craft room first ))))::: LOL

Congrats! And let us eventually have a peek in the new room so we can drool..........
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby LisaH » October 3rd, 2013, 5:46 pm

Congrats Suzan...sounds wonderful!
LisaH

Postby kim » October 3rd, 2013, 6:29 pm

Congrats!!!! How exciting!! It's not the packing that is the chore....it's the unpacking. Believe me, I've done it enough times. Packing is a breeze....just make sure you mark your boxes with the Room that was packed and then a brief description of what is in the box. This is really important. Then when you move into your new house, you can stack the boxes into the room that they will go in. Unpacking can be a real pain because you will have things that you don't know where to put it....but the kitchen will be the most time consuming in packing but is fairly easy to unpack. Make sure you check prices on boxes as they can vary widely in prices. When I bought boxes, I found that Lowe's had the lowest prices in my area. And pack as much as you can in small and medium boxes...you don't want the boxes to get so heavy that you can't lift them. Leave the large boxes for the large items that won't fit into smaller boxes and for blankets, etc. Use towels, sheets, etc as packing materials. Blankets can also be used for protecting furniture while being moved. Good luck and take pics!!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby Sharon » October 3rd, 2013, 6:54 pm

Congratulations!
Sharon

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Postby MendyRap » October 3rd, 2013, 9:32 pm

Congratulations Susan! I sure wish I could move and have a bigger craft room! I'm so jealous!
MendyRap

Postby Suzan » October 3rd, 2013, 10:07 pm

We actually started with the garage so we have room to put house stuff in the garage for the big trailer we will be using. We are taking our time since we don't have to be out of the old house until the end of the month. But all the utilities will be on tomorrow. I am so excited. Lots of space to put boxes and take my time unpacking. Well the kitchen and craft room first. The rest can wait. LOL. I actually passed on a 150 shirt order yesterday because of moving. It was for the church and I was able to find them a price comparible to mine. But I have more work coming up from them, and the Morongo Valley Fire Department, the EMT's and the town council, plus a restaurant vendor wants 400 decorated tumblers. So I am going to be slammed the next couple of months.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » October 3rd, 2013, 11:05 pm

That all sounds wonderful Suzan. Good for you!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Elizabeth » October 4th, 2013, 7:01 am

Yay, Suzan! Orders pouring in AND an exciting move!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kmmhug » October 4th, 2013, 1:39 pm

How exciting. I toy with the idea of moving from time to time, but never interested enough to commit to packing this whole house up. We have been here for almost 20 years now and it would be a daunting task indeed!
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby Retta » October 5th, 2013, 4:53 am

Oh congratulations honey!! I'm also so happy for your business too. How very exciting!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Suzan » October 5th, 2013, 7:51 am

Well Kathy it is daunting and we have only been here for 7 years. But we have 90 % of the kitchen moved and I unpacked it while up there. Well mos of it. I have enough down here to cook with during the transition. Today going to start with the craft stuff. All the rest will go next weekend. And wow, it was chilly up there last night. Felt fall in the air big time. I am loving everything but the packing.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » October 5th, 2013, 9:56 am

I would love to feel fall in the air - it's in the 90s here this weekend. Enough already!! And I know it is HOT where you are now, Suzan.

Sounds like it is going to be a fabulous change for you. And you are making great progress. You are lucky to be able to move slowly - although never fast enough, right?

Have fun rearranging!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby kmmhug » October 5th, 2013, 10:05 am

Sounds like you are making good progress. Moving the kitchen and craft room is a huge step. Now all you need is a bed and you have the essentials! LOL! You will have to post pictures when you are all done!
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby Suzan » October 5th, 2013, 10:19 am

Yes Gigi, it is too fast/slow all at once. Plus Bryan and I are house sitting for my boss, he is on a car tour of France and Spain for another 2 weeks. So if we get it all moved up before they are back. I will be up there alone, which I don't want. So at least the bed and tv will stay I am too big of a chicken. This is very rural compared to where we are. We have neighbors on both sides and across the street, but with the properties at least one acre in size it is a little further than where we are now. Temps are awesome. I was chilly last night up there. The house is situated with a great cross breeze with the windows open. Haven't had to have the air on yet. It will be maybe 80 up there today. Nights in the 50's. Perfect for me. House open all day, nights warm and cozy. Took my mom up there yesterday she hates it. She says it is too dark and dreary. She refuses to move with us. So we are also trying to get her an apartment down here. But it is ok with the month we have. Here are a few pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Gigi » October 5th, 2013, 11:39 am

Wow - looks like a fabulous home with tons of potential. Love the pull outs!!

I have wanted for years to move closer to the mountains. Not sure I want snow to deal with, just more of the cooler weather...not sure I am moving anytime soon, but love the idea of a "real" fall!!

Enjoy the journey!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » October 5th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Looks great Suzan! I know you will enjoy the space around you once you are used to it.
LisaH

Next

Return to Off Topic