Prayers and Cards for Maxine's Daughter

Re: Prayers and Cards for Maxine's Daughter

Postby Maxine » September 13th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Just a quick note!!! Thank you all again so very much. Beautiful words all. Wanted to let you know that I believe she is slowly better each passing day. She does have random flashes of memory trying to break through so thats a good thing. She got her first two cards in the mail yesterday and she was delighted. One was a hand made card with a pic of a girl and her german shepard and a beautiful sunshine . Loved seeing her smile. And they came on a not so good day , made it better.
Maxine

Postby Elizabeth » September 13th, 2013, 7:01 pm

So glad to hear that things are improving bit by bit. I have been thinking of you and Brieawna often this week.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » September 13th, 2013, 7:08 pm

That is so wonderful to hear that you can see progress. I am thrilled for both of you!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MichelleMyBelle » September 16th, 2013, 7:43 am

Maxine, your family is in my thoughts and prayers!
MichelleMyBelle

Cutter: Pro 18, Foil Master, Platinum 24"

Postby Maxine » September 21st, 2013, 2:04 pm

I have a GREAT UPDATE Ive been dying to share but couldnt till I was sure! so.....OK!!! my friends , family , and prayer warriors!! We just picked up our daughter and I saw with my own eyes the progress and breakthroughs she has made. My heart is full!! She was chatty all the way home, telling us all the things that she remembers and all the things she did while she ws back home this past week. The "Miracle" (at least thats what Im calling it lol ) Came on Sunday , she went back to the church she grew up in with some long time friends of our family ..who are more like family. ...She saw a lady who was a big part of her church life , this lady held new years parties etc for the kids at her home so they would be safe....organized and helped with church trips etc....When Brie saw her, she recognized her instantly ( this was the first person she recognized on her own since it happen) without thinking she said ...Wow Dana , you have lost a lot of weight! And at that point it was like a trigger and her memories started flashing in her mind as she described from left to right , left right , left right left right!.left right (these are her words). She remembered people places events feelings emotions .
Even our friend that was sitting there saw her eyes moving back and forth left to right as it was happening.

...Here is the part I call the "MIRACLE"...This woman had stopped going to church...she had not been in a couple of months but this particular morning morning ..she said something was making her get up and go that morning,,,she says..OH MY GOSH what if I had not listened!!!
I'll give yall 3.Guesses who that something was, Bet ya only need one. My heart is so full ...I would say we have maybe 70 percent back ...all the way up to high school and bits and pieces of even more recent times before the injury. Not everything yet...but Im not scared anymore!!! and the GREAT thing is ..neither is she..she has plans and dreams and is excited about her future! Seeing her confused and scared was the hardest part so THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH ...you may take a deep breath of relief now It aint over but it aint nothing we cant handle!!!
Maxine

Postby Christen » September 21st, 2013, 2:10 pm

My heart is leaping for you all!
Christen

Cutter: Silver Bullet Professional Series

Postby Gigi » September 21st, 2013, 3:13 pm

OMG ...... I have tears in my eyes. I am so thrilled for both of you . and your extended family and friends. I would certainly be calling it a miracle as well.

May each day forward be full of beautiful vivid memories for your daughter......

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » September 21st, 2013, 4:09 pm

Okay, crying now...God is awesome! Congrats to all of you. Will continue to send prayers.
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Thyme » September 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm

Wonderful news!
Thyme

Postby Maxine » September 21st, 2013, 4:53 pm

thanks! I cant tell you all how much comfort I got reading all the comments while this was going on..At times I was sure it was more than I could handle...but I would come and sit and take a break and read! It was the few minutes in my day that made me feel I had so much love and support that I could do anything. I have to admit it was the longest 3 weeks in my life and I never want to do it again.
Maxine

Postby Retta » September 21st, 2013, 6:08 pm

I just saw this and an praising god for this answer to prayer. It has to just lift your hearts to soaring. And just a thought, no matter what happened you all would have and did handle it with His help. Tears streaming, I'm just so happy you didn't have to. Will continue praying for complete restoration for your daughter!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby whizzy » September 21st, 2013, 6:35 pm

Happy to hear such wonderful news!
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3 ļ£æ tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby MeFlick » September 21st, 2013, 8:57 pm

Great news Maxine! Continued prayers for her complete recovery and healing! Prayers for you too! Thanks for sharing your good news!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Elizabeth » September 23rd, 2013, 12:13 pm

This is wonderful news! I am so happy to hear it.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Postby Maxine » September 24th, 2013, 8:09 pm

We have been so busy here we couldnt make it into town to check the post until yesterday! The box was full!!! there were 10 cards! thank you all so much! She is at home and is planning on coming over tomorrow to open them all ! I sent her a picture of them on my desk and the full mailbox..she was so pleased. We are excited to read all your well wishes!! There were cards we recieved cards from Churchville Mo Abilene tx LA CA Waycross Ga Forest Va Livermoore Ca Temple NH Mexico MO Mesquite and Borger Texas
Maxine

Postby kmmhug » September 25th, 2013, 5:34 pm

Wow what a wonderful miracle. My son had amnesia for a time when he had a brain injury at age 11. His was not complete but it was an extensive amount of his life that he lost. It was horrid to watch him be so scared and confused and not be able to fix it. He did eventually recover those memories mostly although he never did recover about the last week or so before his accident. I am thinking that may have been a blessing to not remember the accident or the trauma of the first few days. I am so glad your daughter is remembering and will be praying that the rest will come back to her as well.
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Postby Christen » September 27th, 2013, 11:43 am

Wow kmm, what an experience eh! Sorry you had to go through that...and for your son. What a huge challenge, I can only imagine! MUCH love to you and yours.
Christen

Cutter: Silver Bullet Professional Series

Postby Gigi » September 27th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Wow Kathy - I had no idea. I agree with Christen - I cannot even imagine going through that experience or even worse, having someone you love so dearly go through it. So glad to hear that the outcome was a positive one. What a wonderful outcome!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » September 28th, 2013, 9:00 am

Maxine, what wonderful news... I haven't been on the forum much lately, but when I read that your daughter was beginning to get her memory back it was the best news to get coming back to the forum. Continued well wishes and prayers for a full recovery.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Postby PennyDuncan » September 28th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Oh WOW!!!! PRAISE THE LORD INDEED!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!! I'm dancing in my seat!!!!!!! Congratulations to you all!!!!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic