Prayers and Cards for Maxine's Daughter

Prayers and Cards for Maxine's Daughter

Postby MeFlick » September 9th, 2013, 11:16 am

Maxine asked me to share the following information on the Black Cat/Silver Bullet forum for her. She has very limited time right now (as you will understand in a minute). She shared this on the MTC forum and said she couldn't type it all again over here - its very taxing on her emotionally as well. She did want you all to know that she loves everyone here as well and appreciated any prayers and cards that could be sent! I told her I would share it here and ask for prayers for her daughter, Brieawna, and Maxine and the family as well. I am sure she will check in over here too as time permits, right now though she is simply overwhelmed with trying to care for and help her daughter recover.

"To all my old friends and new ones as well.......Things have been so busy I've not been here in months...but have no time to read the forums much anymore. I've thought of all of you often and now find myself running back to ask for help . As a lot of you know my daughter is a volleyball player. Labor day weekend she was injured in a game and sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury and has complete amnesia. Her life started over that day. She did not know who she was where she was or how old she was. She did not know me or any one else. She was scared and confused and it was heartbreaking to say the least. She has been released from the hospital to 24 hour care by family or would have to go to a rehab. We have her here at home and things are progressing slowly . What I was hoping is that some of you might send her a card or note. I remember we used to do this...I just never found myself on this side before. Its really not a very lovely place to be. Especially for her. I know it would delight her to receive a card or note or even a postcard ,a slip of paper with a smilie face even . She has no memories before the injury . And depends on us to fill her in. We have come a long way from a week ago and our faith is strong but we still have so far to go. I remember all the beautiful cards you all do and was always so envious of your talents.

Her name is Brieawna She is 23 years old ...she loved the colors blue and purples and bright bright colors and neons. She loved volleyball and her car and her dog kita who is a big white german shepard mix. She works as a manager at footlocker and kids footlocker. She is very funny and loves to laugh. She loves to travel. She wanted to be a Volleyball coach. Of course she has been told that playing volleyball or any other contact sport is out of the question now. This is her 5th head injury / concussion in 7 years...3 from vb 1 from when we were in a car wreck and one from falling off a tall ladder at work. What luck right? The doctors think this one is as bad as it is because of how many she has had in the past. It is basically a wait and see thing the doctor said recovery and prognosis varies according to the person and the injury. Our faith is very strong and personally Im not accepting any thing less than full recovery no matter how long it might take. Yes It is very hard. Ive never done anything like this and feel very inadequate . Im just playing things by ear. She has had a few flashes of memories coming back so Im very hopeful. She is a happy child , it takes a while for her brain to wake up and get going in the mornings but when it does she makes us laugh and we have a good day until the brain gets taxed and the she becomes confused and scared . I thank you all so so much!!"

The address is
Brieawna Richards
PoBox 1784
Midlothian Texas 76065

I know everyone will say some prayers and if you have time, send Brieawana and Maxine a card or two! They will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Re: Prayers and Cards for Maxine's Daughter

Postby Thyme » September 9th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Sending my prayers and thinking of the family
Thyme

Postby Elizabeth » September 9th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Will work on a card as soon as I get home tonight. It should be in the mail by tomorrow morning.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MeFlick » September 9th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Thank you Ladies. I'm off for the evening to go watch my own DD's high school VB team play. I will check back in this evening.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Gigi » September 9th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Thanks for letting us know. Will definitely keep the whole family in my prayers..
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Maxine » September 10th, 2013, 3:03 am

I wanted to come say hi right fast and many thanks to all ...thanks so much Mel for posting this for me and thanks to all you wonderful ladies..especially my Aunti Dawn . This is my quiet time hours..she is in bed resting and gives me time to grab a cup of coffee and peace and quiet to try to figure out what to do next....Ive never done anything like this before and I am not going to say its easy. Its actually one of the hardest things Ive ever been through but with prayer I know we are going to be fine. We are touring a rehab tomorrow and hope to get her on the road to living on her own again . She has a wonderful apartment , job and life and I cant wait till she gets to return to it.
Maxine

Postby Thyme » September 10th, 2013, 7:06 am

Hi Maxine,
Your Aunti Dawn is always here for you
xxx
Thyme

Postby LisaH » September 10th, 2013, 8:15 am

Keeping all in my prayers and thoughts!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Retta » September 10th, 2013, 12:35 pm

Oh dear, our prayers are with you all.

Dear lord, as we come before you, we ask that you please heal this wonderful young woman. Heal and completely restore her memories! We also ask you to give her peace, take away the confusion and fear. Help both her and her family have strength and peace during this time. To you Lord, be all the glory! Amen

Blessings to you all.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby MeFlick » September 10th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Thank you Retta for taking the time to add this special prayer here! I know Maxine will appreciate and be touched by it.

Maxine had shared this story on the other forum regarding her beautiful daughter that I thought would also touch all of you and wanted you to see her beautiful daughter!

"Here is a story of her wonderful sense of humor. After being hit with a barrage of constant questions day and night in the hospital to check her cognitive status , she finally got fed up...when we got home she was looking around at all the rolls of vinyl hanging on the racks and asked what it was and what I did with it ..now this is a kid that helped me with making shirts and was actually better at wedding and pressing than I am. ...when I explained that I made shirts she was delighted. She excitedly asked me if I would make her a shirt. She wanted the front to say "STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS!" and on the back "NO! I dont remember that! " ....so I made the shirt...she watched in awe and then wanted to help make one with me...I showed her how to weed and pour stones and she LOVED it and caught on very fast. This is a picture of her in her new shirt. As you can see she is pretty proud. "

Brieawana1.jpg
Brieawana2.jpg

I know many of you have "known" Maxine from here on the forum. Others have not previously "met" her. She used to be a regular, but then she developed a thriving business using her cutter, sublimation printer, and heat press to make things she sold. She made lots of shirts for local sports teams I know. Her new business has kept her away from the forums more then on.

She and I "connected" via the forums due to three things, first we both had a great cutter we had bought (the Cougar) and used with the same software package and then we were seeking a heat press at the same time and we worked together and compared notes and ended up buying the same one. Then we were both diving into sublimation printing at the same time shortly thereafter. Then we encourage and helped each other with those new toys (err, I mean tools! ;)) (well she did more of the helping as she was a little ahead of me on the purchase and learning curve! ;) ) Then, we both had DDs who had a love for the game of Volleyball! Both of hers were through with school and club travel ball but mine was and still is in the middle of it! So all those things made us "friends". We have never met in person, have only talked "online" and via email but she is a wonderful lady and I know how hard this must be for all of them! I continue to pray for her lovely Brieawana's full recovery and for Maxine and her family the patience and endurance to deal with it all as she heals! Thanks to all of you who have offered up prayers and sent a card or will do so! I know Maxine will appreciate it all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MeFlick on September 11th, 2013, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby whizzy » September 10th, 2013, 5:47 pm

Keeping Brieawana & her family in my thoughts — love her sense of humour in regard to the captions she wanted on her tee-shirt
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby PennyDuncan » September 10th, 2013, 7:40 pm

Definitely keeping her in my prayers...will try and get a card in the mail by this weekend...
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby MeFlick » September 10th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Thank you ladies. I know Maxine appreciates all the prayers and any cards that are sent.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Postby Christen » September 10th, 2013, 8:37 pm

Just saw this. Wow. There has to be something wonderful to come, after following the path set out for all involved. Suddenly having so much pulled out from under so many is a bit of a challenge, just wanting to continue the relationships with Brieawana. For Brieawana, I would imagine that besides people accidentally falling back into that relationship and expecting something from her that she no longer has to give... It seems that rather if they just greet her with warmth and affection, if they tell her from a new perspective a story about someone they knew (her and them), that it would invite her to share their intimate memories of their relationship without the unintentional press of not being able to remember. Her fear must be measured and eleviated out and away from the responsability of having to try to remember, so she can rest well, and move on. That is what I would think. You never lost anything. She lost everything. Keep giving it all back to her to fill the empty places she has now, in the most positive way possible. It is the best possible roadmap back or forward for her, to doing that. Not to make light of it, as the frustration of the loss just must create fear and anger, frustration and pain all around. I am just thinking it through, not pretending to know...and the path of my thoughts lead me to Call out for the Best Possible resolution to this, and I stand in full belief and utterly complete knowledge that the one in me who would ask for any given thing to be the outcome, cannot receive the most perfect answer, but that the one who asks for the will of one greater will feels the joy of being part of it, and waits for guidence will. I know I am new. I ask that you see me in my humility and with you. On behalf of the miracles I have seen, I ask for all of you...the miracle of Light on this. When you...any one of you...goes to that place, we will stand together In Love of perfect resolution. I SO admire that you and she are already on this path...and I SO feel the weight of your loss. Tis the dense human side of yourself you are in..allow it to pan out, and stand in faith. You are never alone. HUGS
Christen

Cutter: Silver Bullet Professional Series

Postby Retta » September 11th, 2013, 10:59 am

Christian, how lovingly you thought that all out! You are so sweet!

Meflick, thank you for sharing the pics and the story. She is beautiful!! To reconnect with her mom by the craft makes such a great way to work together for them. I have a friend that has had traumatic brain injury. It has affected her abilities and personality. We love her so much! Blessings and continued prayers.
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » September 11th, 2013, 11:12 am

How beautifully said, Christen!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Christen » September 11th, 2013, 1:35 pm

I know I am mouthy. Especially when someone is injured or in need, some part of me won't shut up. Then I am compelled to post. Then I worry that I said too much. My heart goes out to you Maxine- and to your precious loved ones, and those who know her everywhere.
Christen

Postby Suzan » September 11th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Wow Christen, awesome. You can never ever be to mouthy when you care so deeply about something.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Christen » September 11th, 2013, 6:51 pm

I didn't intend to detract either...i love that you ladies are also so compassionate. I woke up this morning feeling what would it be like, to know I am in a house people say is mine, with family that is mine, and know what all that means, but having lost the memory of creating it. Then I wondered how I would feel if my daughter was feeling those things...that wave ended... Then I called out for it to be fixed...and saw a slow wave come over and a beginning, and my heart willing that this will be. Then I started the coffee
Christen

Postby kim » September 12th, 2013, 12:12 pm

Christen, you said it so well and can never be "mouthy" when your heart is in the right place. We love our little "family" and we all care so much....I think that is why this forum is so special. My heart aches right now and have been saying prayers. Am hoping to stay home long enough this weekend to work on cards. I can not imagine the fear and anxiety that not remembering is creating for Brieawna. HUGS to Maxine, Brieawna and the rest of the family. Maxine has always been such an inspiration to the rest of us....we know that SOME people can actually make money with their crafting. Of course she is so talented! We love you and you all will remain in our prayers.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Next

Return to Off Topic